Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 10:10 Go to next message
ok wellll, im pissed off
the parents got my air con regassed
and i knew the compressor clutch wasnt engaging, so b4 they regassed it i asked them just to power it up make sure it does work, thinkin it would be the pressure switch hiding somewhere stopping the magnetic clutch engaging.
they sed it worked
sooooo......
i took it home
tried to find any issues
everythin seems alright
the only thing i think it may be is the air con amplifier
would it be that? this is in an 82 ke70 btw
any suggestions would be great
thanx guys
~andrew~
  Send a private message to this user    
drifthax
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it engage at all? Like does it engage then disengage quickly?
This is often the case if you have no/low gass - ive had it happen a week after a re-gas from smoeone i will never go back to.

Currently ive got a blockage in my TX valve, and my gas is most likely too low to kick it over.

Just take it to someone who knows what their doing. Or even cheaper, take it back.

If i've read the post wrong and the aircon works, what's the problem lol. Evil or Very Mad
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesnt engage at all when u press the button

it engaged when they put power straight to it, but using the button which then like feeds off the coil and into the loom into the amplifier thingy and back again it dont work proper like. they sed there are no leaks, ive dealt with these fellas b4 so i trust them, they sed they dont know the issue as they thinkin it must be electrics
god i hate electrics Mad
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s. they got it done as a bday pressie and now the moefoe still dont work Mad
AEHachiRoku
Regular

November 2004
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey

How did they test to see if it was engaging?? Did they just put power to the switching wiring on the compresser?? If they did that it bypasses the low pressure switch and engages. For there to be no leaks there would still be gas in the system 5yrs later but to check for leaks you have to have the system running atleast once for the die to show up. If they did put the gas in and its still not engaging it will most probably be the pressure switch, its not very offten its the amplier. I'd check that when you push the a/c button with the fan on that you have power through the pressure switch. If you don't then take it back and get them to fit it.

Cheers
Craig
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes im pretty sure they just put power straight onto it
they sed it did run
and no leakies
now my dilemma is me and dad spent ages and found the amplifier using the diagrams, but still couldnt find the pressure switch, the air con guys sed it didnt have one. but they fitted one above the gas bottle thingy (sorry bout the wonderful terminoligy Embarassed ) next to the a/c radiator and thats wired onto the switching wires...
i havnt checked to see if i have power through the switch but its brand new, and im sure it didnt use to have one so they just added it for safety, but the diagram it says it shouild have one
where would i find it in stock position?
sorry but all da dum questions but im fresh outta ideas with this
all help is truly appreciated
~andrew~
AEHachiRoku
Regular

November 2004
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The pressure switch will be behind the a/c unit under the dash. I couldn't find it in my sprinter when it was stock untill i did some weight reductions. Maybe try disconnecting the switch they put in and bridge it with a bit of wire and switch the a/c on. That may still not work because if there is gas in the system it should still work.

Cheers
Craig
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
behind the a/c unit Sad
the amplifier was on the side
hiding very cleverly lol
i may go have a look 2 moz
coz even if they put a new one on
if the old one still there and is farked...
but why would it be farked, dont make sense to me Confused
thanx for the help tho
i may check it out 2 moz
c if i can find it
any more ideas? anyone?
thanx
~andrew~
AEHachiRoku
Regular

November 2004
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you do pull the unit out be carefull as you have to undo the the a/c pipes. You really should take it back to the wokshop because your not aloud to let the gas out into the air and the gov has just bought new laws in about it and you could get fined.

Cheers
Craig
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its R134 (the newer gas) you can dump as much of it into the atmosphere as you want... in fact R134 is whats in those air duster and freezing spray cans you get.

Dumping R12 (freon) into the atmosphere is bad though.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i wondered if i would have to. im not gonna dump it coz its just been put in, but it is the stuff u can dump
i may call the workshop and ask them, but i dont see why or how the pressure switch would be faulty....
do u have any ideas toobs on the actual problem?
or anyone else?
thanx everyone for the help
keep it rollin'
cant ever have too many suggested solutions to a problem
~andrew~
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Wed, 02 November 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i wondered if i would have to. im not gonna dump it coz its just been put in, but it is the stuff u can dump
i may call the workshop and ask them, but i dont see why or how the pressure switch would be faulty....
do u have any ideas toobs on the actual problem?
or anyone else?
thanx everyone for the help
keep it rollin'
cant ever have too many suggested solutions to a problem Very Happy
~andrew~

twice for effect or just coz the double post fairies struck Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 12:41]

ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the filter (cylinder lookin thing) theres a clear hole to see gas flowing thru, and probably a solenoid connected somewhere near this. just disconnect the solenoid and connect the two wires straight together. the solemoid is a pressure switch so that if there is a loss (or not enough) gas pressure, it doesnt allow the clutch to engage and burnout the pump thingy. Did this to my Datsun and all is fine. just dont remove the solenoid or you'll need regas
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive seen that window thingy. i dont remember seeing anythin attached to it tho.
they put in a new pressure switch, im not sure if its in place of the window thingy or just above it
at school atm, so will have a squiz when i get home.
im thinking at the moment is it possible to simply take a fused live from the battery and connect this into the pressure switch rather than relying on all the bullshit that goes from the coil into the interior loom and to the amplifier and to all the other bullshit before making its merry way back to the compressor. im thinkin i coukld just wire in a seperate switch, would there be anything wrong with doin this??
thanx fellas
~andrew~
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of interest do the fans on the car work or not. Just wondering because the aircon and fans on my car stoppeed working and the problem was that water had leaked into the fusebox in my passenger front kick panel and blown the relay for it.

Not to sure on the wiring setup of the Ke70's but being the same vintage does the aircon have its own seperate fuse box to the other electrics on the car.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the fans work
theres 3 fuse boxes
one under dash
one in engine bay
and one in the driver side kick panel
cant find anythin to do with aircon and every fuse seems to be in one piece
~andrew~
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love ke70 wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 16:46

no the fans work
theres 3 fuse boxes
one under dash
one in engine bay
and one in the driver side kick panel
cant find anythin to do with aircon and every fuse seems to be in one piece
~andrew~

OK just thought i'd suggest it and in mine the AC isn't a fuse. It's a relay and from looking at it there is no way to tell if they are blown (it's like a black cube with rounded corner and then has two or three prongs that go into the box).

Most of the cars we checked (AE82's and MX73's) to get a new one had this under the fuse box under the bonnet. Pretty sure its a Nippon Denso part, if you want i can take a pic of one as I have a spare, that way you know what you are looking for. To get one from the wreckers cost 10 bucks for two and a circuit breaker so its not really money wasted.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 05:58]

love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate
me and dad were thinkin relay, but dont know which one it is Mad
where is it located, and a photo if u want, but im pretty sure on the relay bit
if u can tell me where it is
ill go flog a similar relay off thespare parts mobile (non-aircon model)
this could be really handy if u could tell me for definite where it is
thanx
~andrew~
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll get the pic up for you tonight as atm I am about an hour away from my car. I'll also get the part number which will still be visible on it as they were the same across the other models. The cressidas had in in the fuse box under the bonnet that holds the ecu fuses etc. Whereas the corona had it under the passenger front side kick panel.

If you have a manual for the car it should show you the location and what should be in it. Anyway i'll see what I can do for you. Very Happy
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they labeled or like is it written on what it inserts into what each one is for, or do u just guess?
the fusebox in the engine bay doesnt mention it
thanx mate
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/1075/03110517520qw.jpg

OK on the side it says Blower Relay

859913 - 30020

ND 056700 - 5061

12 V 20A

http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/964/03110517539hl.jpg

http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/7981/03110517555my.jpg

It has a plain clack top so if they're close together you'll have to pull them and just read the side.

Hope this helps.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: air con not engaging Thu, 03 November 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the blower works, as in it blows air out the fan its not gonna be that is it? Confused
thanx for that tho mate Smile
~andrew~
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: air con not engaging Fri, 04 November 2005 02:17 Go to previous message
in my st162 celica the a/c fuse was at the front passengers feet on the left inside the car.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T series crossmember dimensions
Next Topic:Needed EPC Part Code for ST184 / 5SFE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:46:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065629482269287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.