Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 21 October 2005 05:44 Go to next message
I'm putting it up for sale, if anyone wants it.
Specs are:

Body
1976 RA23 Celica
Colour: Smart Green Corolla 6R8

Engine
1g-gte 6cyl 2 litre twin cam
Standard Internals
Modified Sump
New Seals/Belts
1g-geu Rockers Covers
TVIS Removed

Induction
Custom Steampipe Exhaust Manifold (Ceramic Coating)
GT40 600hp Ball Bearing Garrett Turbo
Tial 45mm External Wastegate
Custom 3inch Mandrel bent Exhaust
BIG air filter
Custom oil and water lines
600x300x76mm Intercooler
Turbosmart type III BOV
Gas Research 350cfm LPG Mixer
Std 1g-gte Inlet Manifold

Ignition/Electricals
Haltech IG5 ignition only computer
3Bar Map Sensor
Camira Air & Water temp sensors
Custom 1g modified Distributor
Formula Leads
Crane HI-6 CDI ignition module
Crane LX92 CDI ignition coil

Fuel System
2 x GRA modified B2 LPG converters
Duel lines
350cfm GRA LPG Mixer
50 Litre Tank

Driveline
Custom 5 puck clutch
Supra W58 five speed
Custom 2 piece tail shaft
Modified RN25 Hilux diff
4 pinion Hilux LSD

Suspension
Pedders Springs and shocks all round
Urethane bushes in rear

Brakes
Std Hilux Rear
Std Corona Front

Asking $8500

Extra Pics at www.stradlater.com

http://www.stradlater.com/celica_gallery/2004-12-26/Celica1.jpg

http://www.stradlater.com/celica_gallery/2004-12-26/Celica2.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 21 October 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good lord why?

make sure she goes to a good home which is someone who will go to cruises and be on the forums.

what you thinking of buying or what ever?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 21 October 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked What are you thinking Mr Fabio?? I still haven't scored a 'proper' ride in the BBQ machine yet.
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 21 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What condition is the body in? Is it like mint or very good or what? Any rust showing through?

Cheers
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 21 October 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, not thinking of buying anything else, I'm just thinking of opting out. Too much money going into it. The price tag on what I've spent would be around $30k now, so it's getting a little silly.

Yian: I'll get you a ride in it before it goes.. Smile

Windex: The only rust that you see showing through is in the under body. You won't see any rust showing through on the painted body, that's for sure. A lot of work went in to cutting out, welding and bogging up rust holes when it was getting painted.
GT2NV
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Sat, 22 October 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a prime celica man, have u got any shots of the interior and how many k's are on the motor and car?? cheers

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 05:00]

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Sat, 22 October 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The interior ain't super special. You won't be buying it for the interior.

This engine will have done probably 1000 k's under my hand
as for the car, god knows how many k's it's done, but there's bee that many parts replaced on it that it really doesn't matter.
Jimmy_a
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Sat, 22 October 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What did you remove the TVIS for?

Edit: BTW that's HOT Shocked In the market for a car myself...but thats a bit out of my price range...

Btw i assume it has rego, etc?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 09:44]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Sat, 22 October 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Sat, 22 October 2005 18:08

The interior ain't super special. You won't be buying it for the interior.

Amen to that. When the bonnet goes up, people are naturally drawn to teh massive turboz.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Sun, 23 October 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why did I remove the TVIS? a) because it sucks and b) because I didn't have the management to run it anyway

It would be sold with rego yes. Roadworthy on the other hand is your problem.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Tue, 25 October 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpp...
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Tue, 25 October 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn thats hot! Whats left to do on it? Why sell it? What does it do down the 1/4?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Tue, 25 October 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Green RA23 - 12.63 @ 108.3MPH

Jimmy_a
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Tue, 25 October 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's still for sale ill buy it early next year, if i dont find something else. I will have saved enough by then Smile

Bump, goodluck with sale Smile
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Wed, 26 October 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Yian; Smile

As for why I'm selling it. There isn't a great deal left on it, cept for cosmetics, it might do with another spray job or interior or something, but it does come with another set of rims too... (Better ones)

I'm just done pumping money into it, I've put that much into it, and I need to call it quits some where.

Jimmy_a: Definately get back to me when your ready to buy mate, cos chances are it'll still be around, and you'll have a few more goodies on it/done to it in that period of time. So it might suit everyone.
Jimmy_a
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Wed, 26 October 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan Very Happy

Now, off to work to save... Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 08:30]

Jimmy_a
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Wed, 26 October 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a few questions...

What kinda power do you get out of it? Have you had it dyno'd? Just wondering...also insurance? Thats gotta be a killer with all those mods...not that it would stop me buying it Very Happy
What kinda K's do you get out of a tank of LPG?

whats the 0-100kmph time?

Just wondering...is there a cd player/any decent stereo? When you say the inside is nothing special...you mean theres nothing like that?

Also Arthur's Creek...wheres that? Im also in Vic, i live in Lilydale. Wouldnt mind meeting to have a look one day. Although as I said it will be early next year before i can afford it.

Cheers, James.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 13:08]

Jimmy_a
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Wed, 26 October 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crap double post!! look at the above one...i keep stuffing this up. Anyway thanks Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 13:00]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Wed, 26 October 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh. At a guess I'd be saying the car makes over 200kW at the rears. Nothing to be laughed at.

0-100km/h in something stupid.
Jimmy_a
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Wed, 26 October 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw Stradlater, were you driving on the Princess Hwy at about 1:20 yesterday? My mate said he saw a green ra23, same colour as yours...there cant be that many around. Cheers
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Thu, 27 October 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I wasn't on the princess highway. There is another one around there of a similar colour, but it most certainly wasn't me.

As for 0-100, I only measure 0-400m.... No need for 0-100.

Inside, there happens to be a cd player and speakers, but that's all as far as that's concerned, I'm not interested in adding extra weight to the thing, that's not the idea.
Plus because of the ignition system, there's that much electrical noise that it keeps intefereing with the cd player and speakers. you'd need noise suppressant which could be done easily.

Power, it's been properly estimated at around 260rwkw, I'm yet to get it fully dynoed, but it'll probably be early december or later november when I get it done.

Insurance? No idea, never insured it.

K's to a tank of LPG? Depends on the number of K's done in boost. If you do most of your driving below 5000rpm, then you'll get HEAPS of k's...

Arthurs Creek is near Hurstbridge. If your in lilydale, it's actually not that far away..
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Thu, 27 October 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno if its different in melbourne than it is in sydney, but justcar will insure u wif unlimited mods, for around 1000$ fire and theft. i was looking into it a while bak...

comprehensive will be more like 2500-3000. which isnt to rediculous. but i could of misunderstood the 'unlimited mods' thing, or it could be different in melbourne. if ur intrested in this, then it is deffinetly worth getting a quote, this thing is an absolute beast Razz

on another account, stradlater, why did u go with such a small turbo? Razz hahaha

gl wif sale.
sarrrr
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Thu, 27 October 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really should look at insurance, but, eh, what you gonna do.

Why did I go for such a small turbo? I had size restrictions in the engine bay and I couldn't go any smaller.
banno84
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Thu, 27 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude, nice car for starters. Just a few questions. Take it its not ur daily driver? How hard you reckn it would be to get roadied? And would it be suitable as a daily driver coz i have that sorta cash and looking for a fun car, but i can't afford 2 cars?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 28 October 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Banno:

Correct, it's not my daily driver.
It would require a little bit of work to get it 'engineered' in light of the fact that it's had a major engine conversion. If you could get a dodgy roadie, then you could have it transfered no worries.

The vehicle has a button clutch, which isn't the easiest to use on the road, but it's not that bad in the scheme of things, I could use it every day, but then again, I'm used to it.

You could probably candy up a few things and it'd be a perfectly good daily driver, particularly given the power output of the beast, it'd be handy for over taking and the light. Smile
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: FS: RA23 1g-gte Single Turbo LPG etc.... Fri, 04 November 2005 03:43 Go to previous message
This thing sound be sold by now!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB early hiace (rh10)
Next Topic:FS- 1975 Mk2 Corona coupe rolling body NOW WITH PICTURES
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:24:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070741176605225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.