Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 27 October 2005 23:14 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I thought it might be a good time to start organising the next Celica and Toyota meet. The weather is getting better the the school and Uni holidays are approaching.

I was thinking around the start of December, what do you guys think?

I had a ball last time with the go-karting, do you guys reckon we should do that again?

Let me know what you all think!
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Fri, 28 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes! Go-karting for sure Surprised
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Sun, 30 October 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmm....Go karting. Same spot on Lorimer st? , A Sunday arvo?, Perhaps the Drive in later for those interested? Pick a date Andrew and we'll work out some specifics. Wink
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Fri, 04 November 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a great location the other day whilst working at Flemington racecourse...on the opposite side of the river there was what looked like to be a great carpark and BBQ facilities!

I'll check it out soon and report back, but that would be an awesome place for a meet right on the water...what do you all think?

LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Fri, 04 November 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good. Very Happy
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Sat, 05 November 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ace carts at sunshine its outdoor??????
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Sat, 05 November 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 14:13

ace carts at sunshine its outdoor??????

is that the super cart one? one of my coworkers went to it... $75 for 1 pracs, 1 qual and 1 race (starting from the grid!)
godsend
Regular

February 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Sat, 05 November 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea ive been to ace karts in sunshine... i dun think they have super-carts ther... they're jus go-carts... i think they go upto maybe 70-80kph... good fun though Very Happy

last time i went i paid $60... $10 licence fee... and $50 for a 30min session... 15mins practice/qualifying and a 15minute race

anyone been to the one on the hume hwy? wats that like
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Sat, 05 November 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silouette?
F*%$ing awesome! They go about 80ks and are running Holden VT disc brakes on them. Laughing
They are a tad on the pricey side though. i think it was like $74 for 3 x 10 minute sessions and 12 people on the track at once. Not sure if this info is 100% accurate since last time i went was over 12 months ago. Very Happy
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Tue, 08 November 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whose in??????

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Tue, 08 November 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always wondered what happens if you spin off or something on those outdoor tracks? Are you out of the race completely?

I'll start organising a date and location soon..
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Wed, 09 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At silouette nothing. You get helped back on the track if needed and keep going. At Ace karts if you spin out more then twice i think it was then your out of there. No questions asked. Very Happy
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Wed, 09 November 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Wed, 09 November 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh I want a rematch... err.. Emilio? The lil dude. Saw you in the city the other day btw Very Happy
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Wed, 09 November 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey yian

yeah i wave at you...........i saw your car from far away i knew i know that car.........hehehehehe

cool man i want to get the best lap time this time
eddie was in my way on the last 10 laps or so
he slowed me down big time...........hehehehehehe Very Happy
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Wed, 16 November 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Andrew,

Lets get this thread happening again. Rename the thread for go karting meet up and we'll just go. I know the thread lost momentum but I wouldn't mind hittin the track again - Any track, in a few weeks time or something. Lets Go! I need to block Emilio out of pole position again!
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Wed, 16 November 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im in

name the place and time and i'll be there

we'll see if u can block me again ed ........lolz

lets go people

lets get this thing happening

summer is here, it be nice to see celicas driving around in formation on the street..........hehehe

even just park somewhere public:)
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just been really busy, haven't had time to organise anything!

What about the 11th of December, Sunday?

I'll organise the meet, do you want to organise the go-karting Eddie?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can help organise the go karting like last time

i've already rang up these places

Auscarts
Ace Karts
Silhouette

Auscarts i think is the place we went to last time and they have acutally renovated the track with a new surface and inculdes reopening of the back section and BANKED CORNERS
Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked i wouldnt mind going outdoors at silhouette. tho for its price, Auscarts isnt that bad.

Cheers
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah - just let me know which track we're going with.
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon auskarts is pretty good value too. one vote for auskarts right here!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckin sweet, i'm in!

i hope they have super-sized helmets though, my head ain't no tennis ball that's for sure Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 01:00

fuckin sweet, i'm in!

i hope they have super-sized helmets though, my head ain't no tennis ball that's for sure Very Happy

Yeah you better come to this one Evil or Very Mad Dont worry about the helmets, they had one that could fit my head. If it fits my head, it will fit any.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Thu, 17 November 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auskarts was pretty good, weather isn't a factor and it was pretty reasonably priced. I say we go there again, maybe the next time we can go outdoors when the weather will be perfect (Jan, Feb).

So, what do we all think about the 11th of December?
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Fri, 18 November 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan - Hope my car is back together by then - Either way I'll be there. One vote for the 11th.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Fri, 18 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll go down and check out the location for the meet this afternoon and report back..
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Next Celica/Toyota Meet Fri, 18 November 2005 03:52 Go to previous message
Check the new thread for details...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:melb beach cruise.....sat 26th
Next Topic:Vic Roll Call
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-