Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 267Degree Wade Cams or 86kw Big Port cams for 100kw 4age

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
267Degree Wade Cams or 86kw Big Port cams for 100kw 4age Fri, 04 November 2005 14:02 Go to next message
Just wondering about a few opinions on my new project...

I've got a Ae82 twincam with a 4age 100kw, I am considering upgrading the cams...

The first option was the Wade cams that have 267 degree Duration...

The second option was the Big port cams which raise duration from 232 on the small port to 240 degrees...

Just wondering if i could have some opinions on either options and which would be the better off,

By the end the car will have 2" exhaust cat back, Possibly a high flow cat, and a Air intake system (possibly panel maybe pod)

How would fuel economy differ between the two,
And in the end what sort of result can be expected
I think Wade cams are about $440 for that sort!
  Send a private message to this user    
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Camshaft experiences... Fri, 04 November 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I am new to playing with cams too. I had smallport camshafts in my 18psi supercharged 4AGZE, and have since installed Wade 267's.

With the small port cams my car had incredible low end torque, it pretty much overwhelmed my suspension, making the front very light! The down side was torque noticeably started tailing off a bit around 5 - 5.5k. Now I have Wade 267's and even if I set them up for the same idle vacuum (no overlap) I cannot begin to approach the low end torque the car used to have.
Now it really picks up at around 3K and torque doesn't drop off until (seat of pants) until around 7K. I had to go through about 15 different timing settings to find something I liked. Its a different car, and though it surely makes more HP now, I miss the low end. I am still considering trying the bigport or milder aftermarket cams like 256 or a mix after I play with some simulations and talk to some more people!

Just think about what you want. I would suggest something less than 267, unless you _must_ have more top end power. You WILL loose some low end torque even with 267s.

Regards, Nick
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 267Degree Wade Cams or 86kw Big Port cams for 100kw 4age Sat, 05 November 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How did u find the 86kw cams in the 4agze?
I'm moving towards these moreso, its at least another 8 degrees duration and would cost very little to install.

Wondering what sort of power gain (not kw but response and delivery) i would receive over the rev range?

Regards
Adrian
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Camshaft experiences... Sat, 05 November 2005 14:54 Go to previous message
How badly will the torque decrease on the 100kw engine?
I find it just as easy to drive as the celica around town and hills.. it might not have as much torque but its such a light car and the 100kw is a beast (well i like it hehe) in the twincams..

I'm slowly moving towards the wade cams but i'd have to get the 267 degree, would i be lookin at a big decrease in fuel economy?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AWD 3S-GTE SV-21 Camry mmmmmmmm
Next Topic:error codes on 96 model v6 camry
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:28:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037009716033936 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.