Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » The good, bad and ugly car photos...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
The good, bad and ugly car photos... Thu, 03 November 2005 20:51 Go to next message
Noticed there are some good and really bad photos of cars in this forum. Are there any tips from the car owners on how to take great pictures of their pride?
I mean, we spend so much time and money doing our car, why let some bad photos spoil it??
Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Thu, 03 November 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lighting and background play a key role in how good a photo is. So does the photographer some ppl can pull of weird angles others just make it look like they were drunk when taking the photo. Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Thu, 03 November 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out these links mate..

http://www.photographic.com/phototechniques/604how to/

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/fototips-cond ensed.html

http://www.hymanltd.com/photographing_classic_cars .htm

They covered it all for me, and made a hell of a difference to the quality of the photos I took
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also the angle of the photo is very important! i found that experimenting with angles netted my a great photo of my car. Digital camera's are good for this cause u don't 'waste' film

Also a washed and polished car with the tyres detailed just looks a shit load better in the photo.
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
helps when your dad is a photographer too Razz
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxE wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 13:48

helps when your dad is a photographer too Razz

agreed with that... stantch the camera whirl out to where ever you want to take pics.. snap away (digi) do the right work and get some awesome shots
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Stradlater,

Thanks for the link. Checking them out now......

Yes, I think the background is very important for car photography. Outdoor photography is tricky already due to uncontrolable element, indoor photography is equally complicated. Saw some indoor car photography books, they were mind boggling. Seem to be more complicated than snaping away a beautiful model's face in a studio.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ive always been into photography,Heres a few tips, A good camera helps, but even with a cruddy disposible camera, you can take good shots. For cars, when stationary (or drifting) if the steering is turned on an opposite angle, it gives an agressive look to the car.
Low angles are also an easy way to get a good pic. It makes the car look bigger.
NEVER have the horizon line cutting directly through the middle of the photo. Also watch your shadow! it seems trivial, but if the suns behind you, itll be in the photo.(more important for film)
morning or dusk is usually the best time of day, the sun isnt as bright and harsh. If you have photoshop, try adjusting the levels(or just auto level) and also play with brightness contrast. For example of what i mean, check out my cardomain site down the bottom, the later pages have better pics.

Well I hope this helps, good luck!

andy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdmstyletuning.com forums has a LOT of amateur photo geeks on there

come join up and chat!
Pieman
Regular

February 2005
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Fri, 04 November 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure you have a half naked chick in the photo and you're good as gold Laughing
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: The good, bad and ugly car photos... Sat, 05 November 2005 04:15 Go to previous message
A nekeed chick would definitely give me GOLD then!! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Smash repairers in Sydney!!!! *Urgent* =(
Next Topic:TA22 - ENGINE SWAP - WHAT is BEST
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:29:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048840045928955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.