Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 01:21 Go to next message
hey all, my st165 is losing all power at 8psi, but still holds boost and the boost still raises, the thing just wont accelerate at all...up to 8psi i pulls hard, but its like hitting a wall once u get to 8psi....ive been directed towards the turbo pressure sensor..but ill be fucked if i can find it, as ive disconnected everything with a vaccuum signal, and the turbo light still comes one as soon as she comes on boost. can any1 help me out, also if any1 has any ideas as to why the hell it would be losing power at 8psi if its not a dodgy pressure sensor?, im getting nothing out of the ecu when i pull the codes, so im stumped

[Updated on: Sat, 05 November 2005 21:26]

Send a private message to this user    
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dood, i put a EBC on my car and spliced the signal wire into the Boost sensor wire on the ECU and after that allows me to run much higher boost ? is that wat u mean or the actual sensor itself ?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im trying to find this thing here
http://www.gtfours.co.uk/what/fcd/tps_location.jpg

but its not where it should be, and i cant find the boost/vac line that should be feeding it :S, for prolly 5 months its been happily running 12 psi, and for the last week its been losing all its power at 8 and hitting fuel cut at 10, sorta...last nite it was losing power at just over 5 Surprised
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine use to do a similar thing at 7 psi, it would just die like it was NA or something. Still held 7psi but felt like 0. I think my problem was a hole in the intake or a vacuum hose leak.
Good luck anyway.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a split vac line....great that'll be fun to find on a 165..needle in a haystack any1? lol ill start looking for splits, ect. meanwhile does anybody know where i would find the boost pressure sensor on a fully optioned out jdm 165?

cheers
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On mine, the vacuum line connected to the turbo sensor goes to a group of vacuum lines near the TB just on the left side. Look for vacuum lines running near the back of the engine bay and trace them. My vacuum hose leak was due to my boost gauge connector being too big for the hose and i have to keep redoing that piece of hose every now and then.
Not sure how helpful i am but i thought id at least try.
Cheers.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Sat, 05 November 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i had a bit of a poke around and traced all the vac lines the best i can without ripping stuff out of my engine bay, and the only one i cant find both ends to seems to come off the right side of the intake manifold (timing cover side) and go straight down ?? and it gets lost amongst other hoses and stuff and my fingers just arent long enuff to follow it Sad, cycle i dont suppose u wanna donate some time next weekend to help me find and sort this thing out? u might recognize something i dont or such, could make a day of it and replace all the vac hoses and such. im just in waratah so if ur keen pm me, cheers and thanks for the advice
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Mon, 07 November 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah that's right you're in newcastle!
Well i finish exams next tuesday so anytime after that i should be free, im always happy to check out 3sgte's. I'm no mechanic but i can help you check it out.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Mon, 07 November 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, hows wednesday sound then?, i think i saw ur car at jesmond a couple of weeks ago man, u got a bov? i heard a bov then turned to see what it was...as ya do..and saw a celica looking very much identical to the one in ur display pic Razz...anyway man if wed is cool let me know and we'll tee something up
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Tue, 08 November 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 21:52

awesome, hows wednesday sound then?, i think i saw ur car at jesmond a couple of weeks ago man, u got a bov? i heard a bov then turned to see what it was...as ya do..and saw a celica looking very much identical to the one in ur display pic Razz...anyway man if wed is cool let me know and we'll tee something up

Yes unfortunately through no fault of my own i have a flutter BOV.
Wed sounds good to me at this stage. Where do you live?
Cheers.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor???? Tue, 08 November 2005 04:51 Go to previous message
pm sent man
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sgte cambelt timing marks?
Next Topic:build date info?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 19:03:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00553297996521 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.