Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Ideas for 7m motors???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Ideas for 7m motors??? Sat, 05 November 2005 04:50 Go to next message
how hard is it to turn a 7m motor into something of actual use? i.e bbq or fireworks launcher ( using cylinder bores )

anyone got any ideas?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Sat, 05 November 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh i got an idea, the bin Razz. Even better you could take it to a scrap metal yard and they will PAY you for that piece of crap. Stupid idiots lol
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Sat, 05 November 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about some 7m boots mob style
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Sat, 05 November 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to put it in the recycling bin and then watch the truck struggle to pick it up... but then again i could use it to hold a beer for me and five friends while playing pool Very Happy
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Sat, 05 November 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice idea, or go green thumb
Each piston chamber as a vase for your lady's roses or whatnot?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://droppingthegloves.loyaloppositionresearch.com/Murray_and_Captain_Feathersword.jpg

Aye! Captain feathersword be needin a new anchor for his pirate ship...arrrrr!
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polish it up put some glass over the top and you got yourself a topgear coffee table Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Modify them and make more power than a 1J... Wink
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boat anchor?

one day i would like to make a retaining wall from them, i know there are plety discarded ones laying around and its got to be cheaper than buying expensive sleepers or rocks.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 16:16

boat anchor?

one day i would like to make a retaining wall from them, i know there are plety discarded ones laying around and its got to be cheaper than buying expensive sleepers or rocks.

lol never make retaining walls out of sleepers, they rot and get termites in them then you spend even more money and time putting rock/17kg blocks in.

Coffee table idea hmmm i think that'd be better with a V engine rather than an inline.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Modify them and make more power than a 1J... "

best answer in this thread.
smokem
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be interested in some serious replies, I want a quick 7M in my cressida
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smokem wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 20:13

I'd be interested in some serious replies, I want a quick 7M in my cressida

Toymods search Wink .
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toymods is full of wankers try www.supramania.com or www.mkiiitech.com if you want something usefull.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey allan this thread seems like it was made to rip on 7M's. I dont think its cool of you actually calling everyone here wankers as the guy was asking questions in the wrong thread. He was given a serious answer anyway. Use the search tool. Even though plenty of answers discuss of crap they are.

Come on 7M, means the seventh design. 1G meanign the first design. Now what an awsome motor in comparison and on the first design. Why couldnt they have screwed the 7M design at the time and just made a 3lt version of the 1g.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 20:59

Come on 7M, means the seventh design. 1G meanign the first design. Now what an awsome motor in comparison and on the first design. Why couldnt they have screwed the 7M design at the time and just made a 3lt version of the 1g.

WTF???

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam newbie's.

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call them shit, then make heaps of power and laugh at everyone including oneself.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Mon, 07 November 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah but the M's don't run in sequence, nor is the 7M strictly speaking the 7th generation.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 17:59

*slap*

7M is know as "Teh p00 motor" because of its lack of aftermarket parts and the ghey HG, in addition to the fuckup toyota made that they didnt torque the head bolts down enough from factory.

other than that, there are some 7MGTE's running around producing insane amounts of power.

remember, its not that bad a base to start from, 3.0 litre, plenty of torque, turbo, twin cam, etc. etc.

Eldar.O.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the US the 7m has a pretty respectable aftermarket parts selection. And a strong following.
Where the 7m falls short with it's renown HG issues, the same can be said for the 1jz turbo's.

But the thing is if you get a 7m that hasn't had it's alloy head overheated to the point where the alloy becomes soft and continually blows HG's. You have a dam reliable motor. About the only other things that go wrong with them are perhaps the crank bolt going walkabouts.

Once you torque those headbolts down teh poo motor is no more.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 07:00]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure Mr Toda, Mr HKS and Mr GReddy would disagree with you about aftermarket part availability.

Remember, the 1jz started production from 1992 (i think) whereas the 7m goes waaaay back to 1986. Try and find aftermarket parts for a 19 yr old motor, its just not financially viable to make them on a large scale so teh p00.

And when they were made originally there was no such thing as the internet to sell the parts worldwide!

If your going to bin the motor i'll take it before Allan does.

oh yeah.. 7m = teh p00.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 07:27]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 18:26

Im sure Mr Toda, Mr HKS and Mr GReddy would disagree with you about aftermarket part availability.

Remember, the 1jz started production from 1992 (i think) whereas the 7m goes waaaay back to 1986. Try and find aftermarket parts for a 19 yr old motor, its just not financially viable to make them on a large scale so teh p00.

And when they were made originally there was no such thing as the internet to sell the parts worldwide!

oh yeah.. 7m = teh p00.

ya ya i know where you take it Razz Laughing

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 18:30

oh yeah.. 7m = teh p00.

ya ya i know where you take it Razz Laughing

To 2J town?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a side note-

isn't the 1g 'pretty much' a 4age (design wise) with two extra cylinders?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 18:23

a side note-

isn't the 1g 'pretty much' a 4age (design wise) with two extra cylinders?

hmmmmm

4AGE + Sprint0r = Can nevah lose...

then

1GGTE = 4AGE + 2 Extra Cylinders

Cressida = Sprinter + 2 Extra Doors...

therefore

1GGTE + Cressida = Can nevah lose? Freak Freak Freak Freak Freak Skull

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 08:09]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TEH FORMULA 1 IS CORREKT!!!

i think the 1G in a sprintah is a very good combo...

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 19:12

TEH FORMULA 1 IS CORREKT!!!

i think the 1G in a sprintah is a very good combo...

Eldar.O.

Yep putting more weight in front of the wheels is always good. Rolling Eyes
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, corona you amaze me on how you always manage to insert your opinion and try to sway other peoples opinions on nearly every single topic/reply on this site.

its not a good comment or your own opinion unless rona approves!

your a tool.

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 01:27

wow, corona you amaze me on how you always manage to insert your opinion and try to sway other peoples opinions on nearly every single topic/reply on this site.

your a tool.

Eldar.O.

NO ELDARO you are the tool, think about it the car has a fairly small engine bay, you are putting a six cylinder where a 4 cylinder engine was, you are putting more weight forward of the front wheels and in the front half of the car in general hence you are going to ruin its handling balance and cause the car to understeer far more.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now now girls.

As for the 4A being related to the 1G, the answer is no. They have nothing really in common.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks again nathan! Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 08:59

your a tool.

Eldar.O.

NO ELDARO you are the tool, think about it the car has a fairly small engine bay, you are putting a six cylinder where a 4 cylinder engine was, you are putting more weight forward of the front wheels and in the front half of the car in general hence you are going to ruin its handling balance and cause the car to understeer far more.

look mang...its been done with silvias (RB20DET) and sprinters...all it means is that you have to adjust the front suspension settings usually with higher spring rate up the front

p.s. no one really cares what you think anyway mang...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Tue, 08 November 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 09:29

your a tool.

Eldar.O.

So put some slicks on it and some softer shocks and it will hookup fine. You know that it is a common thing in drag racing to move the engines as far forward as possible to keep the front wheels down. roundy roundy = http://www.beggingtodiffer.com/archives/Gay%20Batman.jpg

Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 23:56]

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Wed, 09 November 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 06:29

ruin its handling balance and cause the car to understeer far more.

It will oversteer more cause of the extra powah drifto Very Happy
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Wed, 09 November 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should do what the guy did and make a bbq which looked like a trailor and had a working v8 on the fron of it running a rotisary.... crank it over and it would idle and move the rotisary "apparantly"

was kinda coool, tried to find pix but cant find nutn.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Wed, 09 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my info lacked in what was needed.. lol
5th -6th person info what do you expect.

http://www.gizmag.com.au/pictures/hero/4397_9080531612.jpg

sometihng like this.

http://www.gizmag.com.au/go/4397/
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Wed, 09 November 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 10:47

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 08:59

your a tool.

Eldar.O.

look mang...its been done with silvias (RB20DET) and sprinters...all it means is that you have to adjust the front suspension settings usually with higher spring rate up the front

p.s. no one really cares what you think anyway mang...

WTF is mang?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Wed, 09 November 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mexican hispanic for man they pronounce it mainj
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Wed, 09 November 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rona, your still a tool, because its my opinion.

Back to ignore for you Smile

Eldar.O.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Thu, 10 November 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 09:57

Eldar.O.

Post by Corona RT142 is ignored [reveal post] [reveal all posts by Corona RT142] [stop ignoring this user]

im obviously not missing anything...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Thu, 10 November 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Remember, the 1jz started production from 1992 (i think) whereas the 7m goes waaaay back to 1986...

The JZA70 came out in 1990 with a 1JZ-GTE in it.

Allan wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 19:57

EldarO wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 09:57

Eldar.O.

Post by Corona RT142 is ignored [reveal post] [reveal all posts by Corona RT142] [stop ignoring this user]

im obviously not missing anything...

That looks a lot like what I see when Corona posts something:
Quote:

I think it's better that way.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Fri, 11 November 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronart142 is a bot it automatically replies in every thread with an inane response from its databank of 15000000 inane responses
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ideas for 7m motors??? Fri, 11 November 2005 15:07 Go to previous message
and here i was thinking it was just me noticing corona induced replies slowly deteriorating the quality of this site.

good to see a bandwagon forming Wink

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hey guys question bout 4age+ke70 conversion
Next Topic:RWD 20v extractors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:13:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074851512908936 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.