Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
VSG12777
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Fri, 04 November 2005 06:26 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I am from Melbourne and would like to know if there is a list of compliance workshops for Melbourne. I am planning to buy a Celsior C-F model or a Crown UZS 131 Royal Saloon G - in a few weeks.

Since the compliance rules differ among the states (like I heard), I would rather play it safe and get it done in Melbourne, then go for RWC and Rego.

If someone has a list of such compliance workshops (where I can get good quality work at a reasonable price) or a website link with such a list, please post them here.

Thanks !!

---Venkat Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
VSG12777
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Fri, 04 November 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Still waiting for your responses guys .... please help. Smile
VSG12777
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sat, 05 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No responses till now ????? Come on guys ......
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sat, 05 November 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe 50 bazillion posts abotu similar things is tunring ppl off...

you seem to be very impatient also.. too much seed last night? Wink

how about you call DOTARS. since they enforce this whole compliance thing.. they will tell you whats what...

and thats it..
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sat, 05 November 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mechanic has just recently done toyota celsior and toyota crown with a 1UZ-FE V8 motor.

i'm very sure about the crown but if it's the celsior then it might have to be the sooty car (sorry i'm not sure how it's spelt but it means it's the first of its kind to be imported and complianced by the garage hence has to meet all strict rules and inspection by the vic)

if you're serious PM me and i'll pass you the contacts. my mechanic does compliancing for heaps of skylines and a few toyotas, MR2 GZE is one of them and the V8 crown is another.

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sat, 05 November 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dotars wont tell you squat, they will just say to ring Vic Roads or whatever the RTA is called there.

Email the RTA or whatever and they will give oyu a list of engineers close to you, well thats what QLD Transport did for me.

All they did on my Celsior was change the seatbelts, rivet on the plates and charge me a grand.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sat, 05 November 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in victoria..

compliance for a crown included

seatbelts
emissions (new cat converter to aus standards, muffler and resonater if it's worn or car makes higher than usual sound)
emissions test + report
exhaust sound test + report
fuel nozzle entry size (funnel changed) for unleaded only
child restraints must be installed with every jap import car
also for the RWC include checks for
seat belt tensioners, bushes, arms, linkages, shocks, windscreen, rust etc etc

among many other things. there's a list a few pages long that lists things need to change and check so yea.. not so simple here.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sun, 06 November 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont forget intrusion bars in the doors!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Compliance Workshops in Melbourne for Crown UZS 131 / Celsior Sun, 06 November 2005 06:57 Go to previous message
for what year crown, and is this current with the new SEVS/RAWS system?

most japanese new cars have intrusion bars now (at least from 10 years ago).... maybe it's just old cars that don't?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age cam gears
Next Topic:82 Celica Interior
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:56:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049030780792236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.