Toymods » General Car Talk » WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
p3rky
Occasional Poster

October 2003
WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 02:40 Go to next message
HI,

Does anyone know what the actual market vaule of a stock sprinter is?

and can anyone provide any links to a site that confirms this, or can show an example of a stock sprinter that sold for a high price ?

Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the value that some1 is willing to pay for it.
Dangerous Dave
Regular

September 2005
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The value market for a sprinter (private sale) is approximately $2340-2860 (for 1984). I got this from http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_value/search_re sults.asp?from=main&make=TOYOTA&model=SPRI NTER&series=&year=1984&body=
At this website you can find the market value of any car. Hope this helps
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out redbook.com as well
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't bother those values are absolute bullshit, they list the dealer price for a corona as 4K and trade in as 2K yeah sure thats gonna happen. When we bought our camry one year old they listed it as 35K we paid 28K and it had done 18,000kms.

Majority of the time the redbook prices just aren't a true rep of a cars value.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 14:17

Majority of the time the redbook prices just aren't a true rep of a cars value.

w3rd.

I remember I was offered a Trueno for $1,500 about 4 years ago. Kicking myself now for not taking it lol. I'd say $1,000 for a 4a-c AE82 is fair so I think it would be 'fair' for an aussie delivered sprinter to be worth about the same. Maybe a bit more if it's in really good nick and that it's a rwd car but not much.

That being said it's all about supply and demand. It's also hard to put a market value on them because they are all different. They all seem to be in different nick and have different levels of modification so I think it's pretty hard to determine a market price for them.
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One million dollars.

http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/nanoshite/dr_evil/drevil_finger_one_million_dollars01_s.jpg
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your wasting your time figurin out the market value of a sprinter because everyone asks such rediculously high prices for em, ive seen 4ac sprinters for 4g, some retart even had his advertised for 12g! "worlds best drift car"
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LEVIN GTV wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 16:23

One million dollars.

http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/nanoshite/dr_evil/drevil_finger_one_million_dollars01_s.jpg

BWAHAHAAHAAH Laughing Laughing

soo gold Very Happy
sleepn_ke70
Regular

banned again

May 2005
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinters r over priced i reckon 4g for an aus model wtf??
i dont know whats goin on rather get a ke70 for 1500 or less with 4ac
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any working car with rego should be between $500-1500.... (well,, NSW rego that is Razz )

after that, it what someone thinks it is worth..

and Takumi tax Rolling Eyes
p3rky
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

your wasting your time figurin out the market value of a sprinter because everyone asks such rediculously high prices for em, ive seen 4ac sprinters for 4g, some retart even had his advertised for 12g! "worlds best drift car"

sorry i should have explained the situation first

im driving on the harbourbridge about a month ago and theres traffic, im at a standstill with my foot on the brake in the middle of the bridge

when outta no where this guy 4 cars behind me causes a pile up which my car was in the middle of well not in the middle but second from the front
so i now have a damaged sprinter bent front, bent boot, etc
anyways to add to this my car had just had all the rust cut out and replated and only been back on the road about a week
to add to this i didnt have any insurance at the time and neither did the guy who casued the acco so his solictior is looking after it, they asked for a quote and i got one which suprisingly came in at 10k
so they have offered me 2700 based on the rego left, kms and the market value on the car
so this is where it gets interesting they get the market value from places like redbooks & glasses guide

But the market value of the sprinter cant really be classified by this according to a friend whos a solicitor
Apparently you can dispute the market value based on 2 or more cars that have sold within the last 6 months to a year
and im sure ive seen standard sprinters go for a lot more than 2700 lately

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Fri, 04 November 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate bought a stock standard for 4000 a short while back. Then we spent a few hundred on it coz it was leaking a bit of oil from the dizzy and the clutch was really worn. All in all the car is worth close to 5000 and if we've been getting offers for 4500 just coz it's got wantanabe style wheels (Takumi tax in action).

Then another mate has another sprinter, with a GZE motor, fully worked up with the lot engine mod, suspension, ECU etc etc and street tuned. Just sold for 7,000 mechanically immac but body need attention. Definitely race ready.

they may not be the best cars around but because

1. they're toyota, solid and reliable as long as you don't do anything stupid with them
2. the ride is fantastic. My mate's stock standard has tokico shocks on it and after a bit of adjustment and setup, it's a really nice ride.
3. balance and handling on them, for a 1983 car, makes 20 years to now look like standstill because some cars today can't match up with them on this aspect.

sorry to hear about your accident but the bottom line is that the car is ideally worth around 2000 based on market values. However it is worth more to enthutiasts and nowadays people buying sprinters are enthutiasts who know its capabilites and potential more than anything. Getting it perfect, you better have insurance so as you won't be in this situation. I hope for the best outcome and really sorry you had to go through this. I personally wouldn't be such a perfectionist with a 22 year old car until it becomes a classic.. but yea that's my 2 cents.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Sat, 05 November 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dont worry Arch, i'm still laughing at it Very Happy
Straight into the vault.

-Jay
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Sat, 05 November 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Very Happy
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Sun, 06 November 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 17:40

One million dollars.

soo gold Very Happy

not so funny when you consider i posted it up like that about a year ago....

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Sun, 06 November 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER"

the stupidest question ever. and its all in caps, i didnt think it could get any worse.

Eldar.O.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WHAT IS THE MARKET VALUE OF A SPRINTER Sun, 06 November 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 16:38

Arch wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 17:40

One million dollars.

soo gold Very Happy

not so funny when you consider i posted it up like that about a year ago....

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Dude im sorry... next time ill check with YOU before I laugh at something Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
What is the market value of a Sprinter. Sun, 06 November 2005 23:38 Go to previous message
The simple answer to this is what ever someone is willing to pay for it.

The Redbook and other similar "guides" are just that. Guides.
These books assume that things happen over time. ie they assume the car travels 20,000km's per year every year of its life, that the car is in standard form and that it has been exposed to the elements so there will be rust, faded paint, rough interior, and generally need of a freshen up.
I also recall talking to a broker on this and these figures do not include rego or how much rego is left, but they do assume that the car is or can be registered in current form.

So concidering these few things a Sprinter built in 1983 with 440,000 on the clock, has passing paintwork, minor rust in the usual places, some repaired rust areas, and interior that is generally clean but shows signs of being 22 years old (worn seats, cracked dash etc) would be worth (lets say) $2500 + the cost of the residual rego left (10 months, say) $3000.

From there the common rule of thumb for modifications is to add half the price of the physical parts. Labour is not usually counted, nor is work that is labour specific (ie porting, boring, machining, wiring)

Meaning that the previously mentioned Sprinter at $3000.
with respray and rust cut out - $800
a 4aGZE engine installed - $1000
Wheels & tyres - $700

Would be worth $5500 to the owner if priced correctly. and should be insured at agreed value at that price.

From there there is the owners attachment to the car which is priceless (usually) but again irrelivant to a buyer unless the buyer has seem every step of the work and knows the car nearly as well as the owner.

and then there is the So called Takumi Tax. which while poorly named is accurate. The Sprinter is a Cult car and this seems to have driven asking prices up by 50% and a buyers impression up by about 33% based on what I have seem on these forums.

Meaning our Stock Sprinter example with 10 months rego would probably be advertised at about $4500 and a buyer might buy at $3500-4000.
Our modified version would be advertised at $8500 and probably sell at $6800-7000.

A cult car is only worth this to a enthusist as insurance companies will treat the value of the modified version the same as the stock version but charge you a Higher premium because of the higher risk. It is wise to accuratly value the car and insure it as such when you start modifying majorly as this may be you only comeback in the ubove mentioned incident on the bridge.

If you have the grounds to fight the value use it as this will be the only way that you'll get more than the offered $2700.
I would expect you might get as much as $3500-4000.

*Disclaimer* This is the process I use when looking at a possible car purchase. and may not be everyones way of thinking but seems to be accurate from the trading on these forumns
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:dyno sheets!
Next Topic:What KW @ Wheels 4AGZE 101 MAP with nevo ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:09:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057079792022705 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.