Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1g_oneday
Newcomer

November 2005
TA and RA crossmembers Sun, 06 November 2005 07:57 Go to next message
I'm currently in the middle of a 1G conversion in my TA23 and I have just realised that my TA engine crossmember is not going to work without making mounts. From a bit of reading around I'm starting to think that my best option is to find an RA23 crossmember.

Will this solve all my problems?? Will the crossmember bolt patterns match etc.??

Does anyone have an RA23(or suitable) crossmember and want to swap for my TA23 crossmember? I'm in the Hunter Valley, but I'll pay postage if necessary.

Cheers,
Casey
  Send a private message to this user    
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: TA and RA crossmembers Sun, 06 November 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, if you got a mid sump 1g then youll need a RA23 xmember. bolt in fit too Smile . sump will still require a beating though. also, youll probly need to cut the mounts off the crossmember and lower them to get the engine lower in the bay. thats what i did with mine anyway. for the 1gge/1ggze you can get away with this i think.

i got a couple RA40 x members (same as RA23/28) but postage cost would make it not worthwhile.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: TA and RA crossmembers Sun, 06 November 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA crossmember, urethane 18-r engine mounts (repco) and steal mount brackets and it will bolt in. Apparently there are a number of different brackets and some won't work, mine just worked so I dunno.
ajmor6
Regular

August 2005
Re: TA and RA crossmembers Mon, 07 November 2005 04:01 Go to previous message
If need be remove cross member and lower the engine to where it would normally sit. Have a look at how far out of the way the cross member needs to go. Cut the centre beam away from the engine mounts weld either some square tubing or some thick angled steel (like an L-shape). Works a treat, just spray it black and no one will ever know!!! Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZ20 (1st gen ecu) upgrades??
Next Topic:1UZ AFM part number for 7MGTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:08:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051441192626953 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.