Toymods » Cruises and Events » Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 19 October 2005 06:02 Go to next message
So the nationals have rolled around to Oran park again. Over the weekend of October 29th and 30th.

Come on down if you're into such things, there will be the occasional Toyota mixing it with the Nissans.

Usually practice and qualifying on Sat and top 16 battles on Sunday though I am not 100% sure on details yet. They can most likely be found at www.fulllock.com. I'd recommend Saturday for spectators as you get to see more cars and plenty of crazy action.

Hen
  Send a private message to this user    
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 20 October 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be there for sure cant wait should be awesome

-nathan

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 02:57]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Mon, 24 October 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there taking piccies again, hope it's as good as the Drift Australia Drift. Nats. Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I paid my entry fee and faxed my form off yesterday, so I'll definately be there. Should be entertaining to say the least Wink

Oran Park drift nats holds a lot of poignant memories for me from last year. Sad
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill b there, and if my driving sux as much as usual I will be spectating on day 2 Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^ LOL Same Confused
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 10:44

Oran Park drift nats holds a lot of poignant memories for me from last year. Sad

What kind of memories? I didnt think you had started drifting by then?
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if only it didnt cost me to drive down,might make an appearance though
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 20:28

What kind of memories? I didnt think you had started drifting by then?

I wasn't drifting but the guy I was seeing was, that weekend was a lot of fun. Also that was the weekend I found my car! Very Happy
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 25 October 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, The way i read it it sounded bad, like you crashed your hachi or something. Confused

PS, Dont you like kicking pigeons anymore? You were our last line of defence against Bird Flu!

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 00:05]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 26 October 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 09:59

Ahh, The way i read it it sounded bad, like you crashed your hachi or something. Confused

Lol thats what i was thinking too Wink
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 26 October 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn DP

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 00:01]

Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 26 October 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well they're good memories because I was supremely happy that weekend, have you ever had one of those days where every thing in life is just perfect and you wish you could stop time and just stay there? But its bitter sweet because now it's just memories and nothing is the same, still good, just different Confused

Don't worry I still enjoy kicking pigeons but repairing my car is more on my mind at the moment Wink

Disclaimer: please note that I have never ever actually kicked a pigeon although I do find the urge hard to resist at times.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 00:24]

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 27 October 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I've finally sorted out who's convoying up and booked accom, so I will be seeing everyone there. Should be a choice weekend.

Is it true we will be using the tight Driftland circuit? Or will it run on the same course that DA used?

Hen

PS if anyone has some good leads on 195/50 15 drift tyres in Sydney then please let me know. I have very little good stuff to bring up.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 27 October 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, Driftland

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 27 October 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, that's probably an advantage for us in the underpowered Corolla brigade.

Hen
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 27 October 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 10:21

PS if anyone has some good leads on 195/50 15 drift tyres in Sydney then please let me know. I have very little good stuff to bring up.

I might be buying some new front tyres on Friday, if John doesn't want the old ones I'll sell them to you if you're interested. They are Yokohama C Drives 195/50/R15 not enough tread for the front but they have plenty if you want them for the rear.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 27 October 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm led to believe it's going to be on the tighter circuit, not the full oran park....
abidash
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Fri, 28 October 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys this im a newbie on here but hopefully i'll be there on sunday showing off my new MK 3 Supra. Hope to meet up with a few of you guys. cya there
Kebin
Regular

January 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sat, 29 October 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there on sunday for sure last year was crazy! does anyone know if the d1 drivers from japan gonna be there?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rain raijn rain, was it cancelled.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope wasn't cancelled, the track got very wet though, and flooded for a while when a drain got stuck. Plenty of great action, all my pics will be up on www.driftkings.com mid week, until then here are a few...

Also, nice to meet you Indi, maybe I'll get to see you throw your Sprinter around next time.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01569.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01693.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01719.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01561.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01663.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01661.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01673.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01743.jpg

That V8 won the whole event by the way...I hate to say it but the guy did an awesome job. Was good to see plenty of AE86's and even a MKII Chaser out there.

If those 2 sprinters are anyone from Toymods I can axe the plates if you like, or if you want a full quality pic just PM me.(They are 3MB each)
Kebin
Regular

January 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody rain! i wanted to see tire smoking! its just not the same Sad
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some nice pic's there Alchemist. The Mark II belongs to a member of Toymods. Do you have anymore pic's of it? The one you posted is good- just wondering if you got any closer to it?
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammm commerdore,where were all the regular competitors????
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh damn, i was suppose to go to this, but thought it was called off, was going to represent the toyotas out there!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, no closer pics of the MKII. I've got more of it drifting though. Usually I wander the pits and get more pictures, but it was just raining so hard....

I was quite a sissy and stayed in the one spot, all day.....it was undercover though Smile
nebuchernezzer
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 30 October 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plenty of pics of Greg's Chaser Tourer V in the media area of www.initialdrift.com.au
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Mon, 31 October 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clicking on the link doesn't take me anywhere. I had a look at the site anyway & there are no recent photo's of Greg's car. I want to see it with the new graphics.
nebuchernezzer
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Mon, 31 October 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm well type in www.initialdrift.com.au
The graphics have only been on two weeks so all the photos on the IDA site are sans graphics.
If you want to see it with graphics go down to wakefield next saturday.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 07:33]

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 01 November 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that white sprinter looks feral
what a heap!
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 01 November 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alchemist did u get any photos of my mate johns AE86 ( not even sure if he ran he was having colling probs with his new motor on friday night) his sprinter is all light blue with a red lefthand front quarter pannel i havnt got 2 talk 2 him scince the event to c if he ran or not if u got any pics can u let me know ... oh and it has a carbon bonnet 2 i forgot that bit lol

cheers
-Nathan

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 08:07]

Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 01 November 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 16:04

man that white sprinter looks feral
what a heap!

But not as feral as you.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 01 November 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist was only there on the Sunday, unfortunately John didn't qualify in the top 16 on the Saturday so he wasn't out on track on the Sunday. He came 21st in the qualifying.

Hey Alchemist it was great to meet you too Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 12:02]

zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Tue, 01 November 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info indi oh well seems like he did ok considering it was his first time ever with his new motor and it did have an over heating problem thanks again indi

-Nathan
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 02 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he got the overheating problem sorted, or at least it wasn't a major problem on the day, it was his new control arms causing him problems. They had some sort of tabs on them which prevented the wheels from turning to full lock.
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 02 November 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sum guy ran into him on the front left hand side and completly bent the chassis at the front i think that may have caused problems aswell oh well better luck to him next time

-Nathan
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 02 November 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the new control arms were a consequence of the accident so I guess you could say that but he had everything fixed before drift nats.
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Wed, 02 November 2005 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i saw him on friday night on hawksburry road i thought he said that it was still bent but oh well dont really matter now anyway

-Nathan
Chump
Regular

April 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 03 November 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer that white sprinter looks really shit just as bad as this s13 with hks number plate i have seen around.....
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Thu, 03 November 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really don't see what was wrong with that Sprinter, I thought it looked pretty tidy?

Here's another one I snapped at the Autobahn Drift Nats. a little earlier in the year.

http://www.driftkings.com/driftcars/images/oran_park/Nathan%20Holland/Drift%20Australia%20-%201st%20October,%202005/800x600/DSC01007.JPG

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sat, 05 November 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, my pics are now up at Driftkings, follow the link on the left of the front page.

http://www.driftkings.com

[Updated on: Sat, 05 November 2005 08:36]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Sun, 06 November 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 19:02

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/toyo_drift/DSC01663.jpg

This would be Henn.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park Mon, 07 November 2005 00:08 Go to previous message
^^^ Note the tight line, huge angles and massive amount of counter steer being used... cough... cough...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oran Park Twighligh this friday 11th Nov
Next Topic:** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:21:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092589855194092 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.