Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
To Buy or Not To Buy Mon, 07 November 2005 00:08 Go to next message
hey guys,
im thinking about either trading or selling my ma71 with 5 speed 1j for a jza80.
my car has the usuall mods (zorst, suspension, stereo, boost controller, 18's, pod, ect) and was wondering if i shoud spend more on the 89 supra or buy a jza80.
im test driving a couple soon, anything i should look for, one is modified little bit more than mine (brakes, diff, clutch, guages, body kit), the other just zorst and wheels. both have 75000kms. one a 93 and the other a 94.
please give your opinion as im unsure what i should do.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To Buy or Not To Buy Mon, 07 November 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The JZA80 is a better car, it's lighter and has a more powerful engine. Ultimately though dude, it's up to you. What one is more fun to drive for you?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To Buy or Not To Buy Mon, 07 November 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what mods have been done to brakes and diff of the jza80?
'cause both are quality items from factory... only reason you'd replace the diff would be for drag/track use
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: To Buy or Not To Buy Mon, 07 November 2005 06:28 Go to previous message
i was thinking that maybe the brakes were upgraded to the 95+ models brakes, as they were a little bigger than the earlier supras. as for the diff im not sure, it just says upgraded diff.

these are the details of one of the cars

front mount, oil cooler, relocated oil filter, splitfire extended earth wiring kit, pod airfilter, tein adjustable coilover suspension, upgraded diff, multi plate clutch, hks f-con, boost controller, greddy oil and water temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge and boost gauge, 3.5' full exhaust system, 18' alloy wheels, bodykit full custom white paint with multi pearl, carbon fibre rear adjustable gt wing, trd strut brace front, cusco strut brace rear and upgraded brake system.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone purchased a car through SVI?
Next Topic:Settings for traction brackets AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:56:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040481090545654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.