Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NeDiC
Regular

March 2005
Hydraulic clutch setup Sun, 06 November 2005 23:03 Go to next message
hey ive got a ke30 rolla with a sr20 in it. im in the process of installing the clutch pedal. i have a mx5 clutch master cylinder(because of how small they are). what i wanted to know is it hard to use the standard rolla clutch pedal or will it be easier if i use the mx5 one?

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
NeDiC
Regular

March 2005
Re: Hydraulic clutch setup Mon, 07 November 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Hydraulic clutch setup Mon, 07 November 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One would think you'd NEED to use the rolla clutch pedal for it to fit properly, then if needed simply modify the pushrod on the MC so it hooks up to the clutch pedal like the standard MC would do.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hydraulic clutch setup Mon, 07 November 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

simply modify the pushrod on the MC so it hooks up to the clutch pedal like the standard MC would do.

His issue with this setup would mainly arise from his car being a cable clutch setup as standard Wink

I fitted a hydraulic clutch setup to my old KE38 and simply used a TA22 clutch pedal and mounted the master cylinder in the location marked out on the firewall for the corollas that were specced with T series engines.

Very easy to do, the only task really was aligning the TA22 pedal with the master cylinder, which is very simple once you bolt the master cylinder in place.

That said, I have seen people retain the standard corolla cable pedal and make it work. Alignment with the master cylinder and attaching the master cylinder push rod to the pedal are the only real tasks involved.

Once you get started and stick your head under the dash you will see it's a very simple job.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Hydraulic clutch setup Mon, 07 November 2005 02:19 Go to previous message
Ah yeah, forgot the older rollas used cable clutches.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Am I being ripped off?
Next Topic:2T-G head bolts`
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:36:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042159557342529 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.