Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
teeBore
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer Mon, 07 November 2005 02:45 Go to next message
Hey all,

I've been leaking power steering fluid from the steering rack on the driver's side. The seal at the end of the rack seems to have been leaking for some time, as the rubber boot recently split and released a fair bit of fluid.

I spose I'll need a new boot and seals for the the rack - so was wondering if anyone has gone about this before and whether I should get new seals from toyota or just a second hand rack?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer Mon, 07 November 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It *may* be easier just to get another rack. It's inevitable that it will eventually leak though.

Easiest way to get the seals would be to pull one off and give it to Heath to get you a replacement, nice and cheap.
teeBore
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer Mon, 07 November 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm all for just replacing the seals, and may as well do both sides. What power steering fluid do I use? Is Heath able to get a boot too?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer Mon, 07 November 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea on what to use, I just use whatever I have lying around Razz

Heath can't get the boot no, you may have to get that from someone like Odins or through your mechanic if he's feeling nice.
teeBore
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer Mon, 07 November 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All right then I'll just use that old oil I left at your place, that should do the job?? Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Leaking steering rack - GZ20 Soarer Mon, 07 November 2005 03:00 Go to previous message
Haha, any old power steering fluid...that is new...and in a bottle labelled power steering fluid.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1UZ AFM part number for 7MGTE
Next Topic:Am I being ripped off?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:35:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043327808380127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.