Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mikelarry
Newcomer

November 2005
supercharging a sss Sat, 05 November 2005 04:30 Go to next message
guyz i know this isnt a pulsar site, but im thinking of supercharging my car, withe 1ggze supercharger. i seen heaps going for 300 dollars. what i want to know is what else is needed to do with the installation.

i know for a fact that the aircon compressor as to come off, which i can live with , does it need a intercooler, should i go front mount or top mount and what boost can i be able to achive ?

thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: supercharging a sss Sat, 05 November 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firstly i might point out that altho the sc14 is a toyota s/c the sss is a nissan and your questions are probably best directed at a nissan orientated forum..

as for i/c's you will need one best to front mount as top mounts tend to heatsoak especially in traffic and summer.

lukiss99
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think basically he's asking here instead of nissan forums is coz nissan don't have supercharged engines and he wants to know what kind of running gear he will need to supercharge an engine. I'm collecting peices to supercharge my charade. So far I have the SC12 and 4agze intercooler. Gotta get my hands on aftermarket ECU, injectors, pipework, and make up some mounting brackets for the charger to sit on.
Good luck mate.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nissan did make a supercharger... i think it's on some of the patrols... though i could be wrong, a mate of mine bought a nissan supercharger for his micra... but ended up selling it again (too much work to fit)... i'm not 100% sure what car it came off... but i'm 100% sure it was a nissan (doesn't mean i'm not wrong though)

as far as what you'll need to supercharge the SSS... think of everything you'll need to turbo charge it, then take exhaust bits off the list... i think it'd be pretty similar.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a customer of mine had a SSS with an SC12, is was pretty much stock but with the sc and it went pretty well. all he did was remove the aircon compressor, make a custom bracket to mount the sc, and make his own outlet and intercooler piping (hes a boiler maker). only thing is, with the standard pulleys it only made around 6psi boost but with stock engine it went well.
you SHOULD run a front mount, which is easy to do as the piping will be coming from the sc and has to go past the front of the car anyway.
mikelarry
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking of getting hte sc14 from the 1g gze motor, which was a 2litre, and will take off hte air con compressor . the only thing is what im worried is if i need to replace my ecu or something, i might just get it reprogammed or something,

if i go front mount how big should it be ??
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikelarry wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 18:04

im thinking of getting hte sc14 from the 1g gze motor, which was a 2litre, and will take off hte air con compressor . the only thing is what im worried is if i need to replace my ecu or something, i might just get it reprogammed or something,

yes, you'll have to get a different ECU - your ECU will have no idea of how to fuel the engine while under boost.

Quote:

if i go front mount how big should it be ??
as big as you can comfortably fit and plumb up - without forcing cooling system temps thru the roof.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you read my above post, i mentioned there is an SSS getting around STOCK but with SC12, ie stock ecu. its only been on the car for a couple of years but has had no problems as of yet. the guy who did the conversion got the idea off his friend who also did it on a stock SSS and drove that for a few years without trouble before it got stolen. but having said that an after market ecu is ideal.
front mount should be as big as you want, thats the least of your problems.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: supercharging a sss Sun, 06 November 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yes, you'll have to get a different ECU - your ECU will have no idea of how to fuel the engine while under boost.

Why?

If SC12 = 6 then a SC14 will land you about 7-8psi with the same pulley ratio's. However SSS is a 2.0L is this S/C'ed pulsar 1.6/1.8 or a 2.0 as well?

Not sure if both SC's have same dia pulley wheel. Each has a 5 peak wheel tho. So does a pulsar A/C system have a 5 peak crank pulley? If not, make sure you line up the four you want to use (the back four - minimises load on bearings) on the S/C well or you'll have beltshear probs forever.

I would scrap the A/C crank pulley and have something else welded on and balanced. Like say the S/C wheel off a 1GGZE crank pulley.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: supercharging a sss Mon, 07 November 2005 05:47 Go to previous message
in regards to the pulleys, the way i have seen it done is the sc12 pulley is left as is, clutch and all and is just lined up where the ac once was. as long as the belt is lined up properlly you shouldnt have any problems.

i should have mentioned the car/s i have seen them done on were N15 SSS pulsars with standard atmo SR20's.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Valve Stem Seals...
Next Topic:GZ20 (1st gen ecu) upgrades??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:01:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004565954208374 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.