Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 02:00 Go to next message
The Honda rider was travelling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

Swedish Police estimated speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is travelling at 227 feet per second. normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6seconds the above-operator would have travelled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/753/d31324nf.jpg

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/8041/d314219hj.jpg

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9205/d315129py.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1803/d316130wc.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2005 02:06]

Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Absolutely Horrific
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is pretty amazing to see.

they did a top job of cleaning the blood n guts off b4 putting it on display.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another VRF down the drain Sad
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't undersatnd why the rider went 200+km/hr?? He had to go home and wank?? I am pissed by the stupid rider that caused 2 innocent death....
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last time I seen a bike in that sort of accident was when I lived in Bundaberg, You could hear this guy coming into town from about 5 minutes out on his Honda 750 four.
This night the sound came to an abrupt stop about 1km south of my place, so we jumped in the car to go see what happened to him.
The cars occupants where ok, he & his bike was still in the backseat of the car, I ended up finding his helmet about 200 yards up the road in the gutter, and yes his head was still in it.
RXSHN
Regular

July 2005
Re: Motorcycle crash Fri, 04 November 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy sheeeet Shocked
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Motorcycle crash Sat, 05 November 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 02:50

Looks more like an RVF/RC30
>bike-nerd alert<
Wink
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Motorcycle crash Sat, 05 November 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 13:00

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly.

Never knew a bike could make a car flip Shocked Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Up near my aunties property off the pacific highway. At one of the intersections where you can enter a ute entered not seeing a fast moving bikes and it actuallt cut the ute in half. Rider died but luckily the occupants of the car survived.

Thats pretty insane though but just goes to show why you shouldn't drive/ride like a moron on public roads.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spirokeet wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 13:00

cannonball wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 02:50

Looks more like an RVF/RC30
>bike-nerd alert<
Wink

LOL, yeah, thats the one (i knew it was VFR switched around)
Mako79
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes my feet tingle.. i actually just picked up a bike and going for me L's this weekend...

Seriously, why the f..ck whould you need to where a helmet if you are trying to break the sound barrier on public streets...

Its like those skydivers... comon, if ur chute dont work... travelling at those speeds ur helmet aint gonna help...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
note to self: dont get motorcycle... Confused
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, Note to self, when you buy a motorcycle, use your brain, as you need to think for everyone around you.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 09:20

The last time I seen a bike in that sort of accident was when I lived in Bundaberg, You could hear this guy coming into town from about 5 minutes out on his Honda 750 four.
This night the sound came to an abrupt stop about 1km south of my place, so we jumped in the car to go see what happened to him.
The cars occupants where ok, he & his bike was still in the backseat of the car, I ended up finding his helmet about 200 yards up the road in the gutter, and yes his head was still in it.

Shocked
geebus!

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2005 12:35]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Motorcycle crash Mon, 07 November 2005 22:23 Go to previous message
Mako79 wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 15:38

Seriously, why the f..ck whould you need to where a helmet if you are trying to break the sound barrier on public streets.

to keep the wind out of your eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2005 22:24]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Virus - Multiple Norton email scan?????
Next Topic:Help removing staples
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:13:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004857063293457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.