Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2tgeu unleaded fuel? compression and modifying

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
2tgeu unleaded fuel? compression and modifying Mon, 07 November 2005 07:42 Go to next message
hi i have a 82 2tgeu and was wondering if i should run a valve lube additive to my unleaded fuel. i am also wondering what compression a 2tgeu should have.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 11:51]

Send a private message to this user    
andurils_sheath
Regular

December 2004
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a/ Nope

b/ Not sure
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks i ask cus my car is runin a bit rough and cant figure out what it is. iv got some side draft Webber's and that are a pan to tune so im hoping that is all it is. but im having trouble getting a compression test on it due to the position.
andurils_sheath
Regular

December 2004
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm fairly sure youre supposed to run premium, 98 octane with the g's, though dont quote me on this, try this, assuming you arent, and see if that fixes it, if not. Confused Not sure mate
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks im not running premium, but i've had it for 4 months and haven't had any problens yet. but ill keep it im mind if i cant find any thing. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEV051 wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 18:42

hi i have a 82 2tgeu and was wondering if i should run a valve lube additive to my unleaded fuel. i am also wondering what compression a 2tgeu should have.

are you sure? this is an efi engine and you said you have carbs . may be worth checking up on coz if its an older 2tg you may need the valve lube.

chris
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks. it is a 2tgeu, got it stamped all over it. and im in the proses of putting an efi on it just trying to get it sorted out.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 19:23

are you sure? this is an efi engine and you said you have carbs . may be worth checking up on coz if its an older 2tg you may need the valve lube.

chris

sorry matey, all toyotas alloys heads are fine with plain unleaded.. because they have hardened valve seats... if it were a plain alloy seat or a /shudder.. holden cast iron head, you may have issues...

toyota alloy heads are fine (even back to 1967 for the K motors)
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks thats good to know
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 19:41

mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 19:23

chris

sorry matey, all toyotas alloys heads are fine with plain unleaded.. because they have hardened valve seats... if it were a plain alloy seat or a /shudder.. holden cast iron head, you may have issues...

toyota alloy heads are fine (even back to 1967 for the K motors)

there you go, learn something new every day. i was told to put valve master in my '72 2tg. lying bastards Laughing
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool got the fuel side of thing sorted out what about the compression
ROTAROLA
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Mon, 07 November 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the comp ratios are usally 8.8:1 or 8.4:1
for the 2tgeu.

cheers Preston
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Tue, 08 November 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks but do you know what kpi or psi it should have with a stoke bloke. and wile im here what is involved in poring it out and putting the 3t pistons in it.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Tue, 08 November 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not much, since 3T pistons are the same as 2T pistons. The 3T gets its extra swept volume with a longer throw crank.
BEV051
Occasional Poster

October 2005
2tgeu unleaded fuel? compression and modifying Tue, 08 November 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the pistons are the same diameter. but the 3t has a longer stroke and it is easy to but the 3t crank into the 2tgeu with out to much modifying. what is the 2tgeu normally over square, square, or under square. which 3t is best for doing this with? thanks.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? compression and modifying Tue, 08 November 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have to modify the block to put the crank into a 2tg, but you can put a 2tg head on a 3t block, this will also require some mods, but won't weaken the block overall like the first option of putting 3t crank into 2t
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 2tgeu unleaded fuel? and compression Tue, 08 November 2005 15:39 Go to previous message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 20:12

Not much, since 3T pistons are the same as 2T pistons. The 3T gets its extra swept volume with a longer throw crank.

3T pistons are not the same as 2T pistons; the compression height is shorter on the 3T piston.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 Wiring
Next Topic:MA61 6MGE overheating
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:28:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054259300231934 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.