Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 02:49 Go to next message
hey guys i cant get reception on my antenna - its plugged in but dont know where the line runs to - bad earth perhaps - anyone know where it is? or are the jap antenna good enouigh in aust
  Send a private message to this user    
rarararara
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey. From recollection the antenna you speak of is located within the seal of the passenger rear quarter window. This is what my mechanic told me when i recently had my GZ20 serviced. Can someone else please verify this for me as i was not 100% sure whether he was was of a correct opinion.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's in the glass in the rear window of your car, it'll look like demister lines, should be at the top. A few new cars have this nowadays, but from my experience, the older models ain't much chop.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thing most people forget is that these "in-glass" antennas are actually POWERED! That's right, they need 12V.

Do some testing of your factory head unit and you will find there is a particular 12V OUTPUT from the head unit, that when cut causes the radio reception to go to shit.....

Well that's how it works in the crown.
Althought the crown also has a "dual diversity" system... meaning there are actually TWO antennas, and two radio plugs. I screwed this up tho when putting a new plug on the antenna wires to join them and hence my reception turned to shit.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also from the Day i got my Tint put on my windows i cannot pickup AM / FM stations due to the metallic in the Tint
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers guys - investigated myself (any opportunity to do something other then study for upcomming exAMS) confirmed that its in the glass - fucked around a little - note i no longer have a rear window demister Wink as i used the demister lines rather then the antenna lines as their are so many more of them - mainstream stations work great. cheers for the replies - what do u think of what ive done
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was wondering about the other smaller antenna plug wasnt sure if it was for the tv or not but i only hooked up the power and the large antenna plug and my radio reception is as it was on any other car
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was both brilliant and mad. You'll miss not being able to see out of the rear window come winter Razz
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not a heavy breather besides theirs always windows
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't have to be a heavy breather to fog up the rear in winter! Windows aren't real good when it's raining either Laughing
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can tell your an aussie - afraid of a bit of rain Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 radio antenna Wed, 09 November 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rain itself, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I got absolutely saturated at Indy and couldn't give a damn. Water on the INSIDE of my car, that bothers me.
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: MZ20 radio antenna Thu, 10 November 2005 07:18 Go to previous message
Black wire with red trace on the factory stereo loom will power the antenna booster. The line runs with the aerial coax so its pretty easy to find.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Firing problems?? 4K-C
Next Topic:4AG(Z)E fuel pressure regulators
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:47:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063939094543457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.