Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2002 Levin performans

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
2002Levin
Newcomer

November 2005
icon10.gif  2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 01:29 Go to next message
Hey all,
I have been bending over backwards to find some good performance stuff for my 2002 Levin hatch.
I have been informed that the main difference between a sportivo and levin is basically just the cam shafts.. is that true?
Also, what could i do to get more power out of the levin (anything short of a turbo or supercharger.. cant afford that yet)

Thanks,

Mihail
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far as I know, the sportivo has the 2zz celica engine, whereas the other corollas has the 1zz. So in short, different engines Razz
Wanabe Garage
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
start with the basics. cold airflow using a highflow filter and free exhust flow, get the muffler man to make you a good 2.25" or 2.5" cat back system (if you can spend some get extractors and do the whole thing but it sounds like you cant atm Crying or Very Sad )

Even then you wont get al that much difference in power...

Unfortunatly, there isn't much out there for the sportivo unless you go custom but if your budget is low you gots no hope.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2zzge and 1zzfe are pretty different... as seen in the prev search that i did..

anyways word on the street is that there is a bolt on TRD supercharger for the 1zzfe (aprox $5-6000)

ur best bet for air is a pod or k&n panel filter (id go with the pannel because the engines are AFM so it requires a adaptor that cost like $40+ unless u make it ur self or second hand...)
and for the exhaust, should cost around $300 for a custom 2.25-2.5 exhaust
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok im going out of the way to suggest something more...noticible..

do suspension upgrades.. get some decent shocks... Koni or something adjustable. get a rear sway bar, better tyres.

go to auto cross events to master your car, track days, etc.

the 2zz is a fairly well engineered motor already, mintor upgrads arent going to do much. unless you want to spend time off teh road to get some cam and headwork done, there isnt any more easy power to be made, execpt for some n2o Smile
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A agree with terra. But remember the guy has a Levin, not a Sportivo. Levin = normal 1ZZFE corolla with black seats and backlit dash.

2002Levin: do some suspension work, and enter hillclimbs and stuff. Don't listen to people saying to get extractors, they have never seen under your car. The stock exhaust manifold seams fairly big. But a sporty exhaust may do something, buts its mostly for noise. If you are serious about more power from the 1ZZ, but without going turbo, you will have to get different camshafts. With some "big" camshafts (I only hope someone makes these), and provided the computer tune is ok, I think they could make similar power to the 2ZZ-GE. But if you got a few grand to do that, just sell your car and get a Sportivo.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old man has bought a 2004 Corolla Seca, its got the 1ZZFE aswell..

Now, since it and the current celica are both 1.8 litre why is the celica motor designated as a '2'ZZ? does it simply mean that the bore/stroke are different in the 2 blocks? like 1 is over square etc?

I was wondering off hand whether its possible to transplant the celica 'G' head onto the 1zz block esentially creating a 1ZZGE, i understand that the VVT'L'i instead of the VVTi means that it will probably need a celica ECU and wiring loom to run it correctly, but if they are not intereference motors is it atleast physically possible?

If so that might be a viable option, or if your lucky hunt around for a current celica that has been rear ended, get the front cut and transplant away Smile
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 10 November 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both motors are roughly 1.8 liter, but are different bore and stroke. 1ZZ has a longer stroke, 2ZZ has a shorter stroke but bigger bore. The difference is only a few mm.

I doubt the 2ZZ-GE head would just bolt onto a 1ZZ-FE block. Not enough people have looked into it. Because, why would you do it? Where would you find only a 2ZZ-GE head and computer without the block? I can imagine that a few Sportivos will be wrecked in the next 20 years and importers will be getting the motors from Japan also, and people (in the future) will be putting the 2ZZ-FE in their old ZZE122 corolla, and even a few AE112's. But right now they are too new and expensive. You either buy a Sportivo, or settle for the standard one with filter and exhaust.

But look into a turbo kit...
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: 2002 Levin performans Fri, 11 November 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Head over to the 'Toyota Owners Club - Australia' Corolla forums.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s= be97fa3e1abdb1969cecd967b16d931c&showforum=4

Lots of 1ZZ-FE Corolla owners there, many of whom have modded theirs. There's a few that have done quite well on the dyno and the drag.

Reportedly, the 1ZZ-FE is a lot lighter than the 2ZZ-GE, so the lower spec Corolla's have that as an advantage. I think the 1ZZ-FE is a contender for the highest engine power out of the lowest weight (100kw out of the 90kg alloy block).

EDIT: Also, the MR-S and the ZZT Celica "GT" (in the USA) came with the 1ZZ-FE, and I'm sure quite a few owners would have modified those - so check out resources for those cars; newcelica.org in particular.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 03:46]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 2002 Levin performans Fri, 11 November 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2002Levin wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 12:29

I have been bending over backwards to find some good performance stuff for my 2002 Levin hatch.

see, thats your problem....

you need to bend over forwards and wiggle your arse for all it's worth at an appreciating TRD dealer who can sell you TRD 2ZZGE bits Wink
nate108
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Fri, 11 November 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

anyways word on the street is that there is a bolt on TRD supercharger for the 1zzfe (aprox $5-6000)

the supercharger is only available for the 2003 rolla onwards
i was looking at these aswell for my 2002 ascent

they were us$1700 in the states

ill try and dig up the link

stay tunned - excuse the pun Very Happy

nate108
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Fri, 11 November 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
found the link

http://www.partznet.com/toyota/corolla/trdcorollas upercharger.html
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Fri, 11 November 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAPA australia stock TRD blowers for any that are out (corolla, camry, landcruiser.)

not worth the money, something custom will be cheaper and push more power...but psuhing more power will start to push teh limits of the stock motor, which is why the trd ones dont really output so much to begin with.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Levin performans Sun, 13 November 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure the 2ZZ-GE is significantly heavier than the 1ZZ-FE? I think the bigger difference would be that the Sportivo maybe heavier than the normal Corolla. Because the Sportivo has leather seats, more sound deadening, more plastic inner gaurds and stuff that makes it seam nicer and more solid.

And as for getting TRD-USA parts for your Aussie delivered corolla, resurch the USA corollas alot because their models don't always correspond directly to ours. eg, when we got AE112 corollas, america had ZZE112 corollas, similar shape but 1ZZ-FE no 7A-FE. And the "year" they got ZZE122 corollas won't be the same month we started getting new ones. Toyota Australia got a Camry supercharger kit from TRD-USA, but had to modify alot of things to get it to fit our camry, due to brakes on the other side etc.
2002Levin
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Wed, 16 November 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well people,
i have come in to some good cash flow so i just purchased a set of 18x7.5 BSA 291.
I didnt really think they would fit.. i wanted 18x8s but they wouldnt fit.. oh well still looks moist!
I dropped the car 50mm too and it looks pretty trick!
I have purchased an exhaust and custom cold air kit that will be goin in on monday!

Its funny gettin looks from people when u "roll" by on 18s.
haha

thanks for all the tips guys

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 17 November 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, so you want to make your car faster, so you buy something to make it slower and handle worse? Wink
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 17 November 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course, 18's. Its such a obvious thing, I'm sorry I didn't mention that before.

Please give us before and after times, 0-400m or whatever you like. Before and after weights etc. Also G-tech power difference you get with the exhaust/air filter.

I have a favorite bumpy twisty road I test stuff on. If I can comfortably go 80kph then I know its handleing ok, if I am scared to go 80 then something is up with the handling somehow. Please test this with your wheels, I am interested.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: 2002 Levin performans Thu, 17 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 12:35

Haha, so you want to make your car faster, so you buy something to make it slower and handle worse? Wink

Laughing indeed...

Get some foolly sik vinyls and a massive NOS sticker and you'll have 300kW before you know it...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Charge light on
Next Topic:AE82 Parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:42:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005328893661499 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.