ALL SOLD

there only ended up being 2 pairs...

thanks guys

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 23:23]

Send a private message to this user    
konect
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Thu, 10 November 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So are these just the shocks or the whole suspension set up ?

And are they just front or front & rear ?

thanks.
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Thu, 10 November 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front inserts for the standard strut casing.

other suspension components can be purchased through me vai pm thanks
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Thu, 10 November 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please measure the body diameter and the body lengths please, so we can be sure what they fit.

KE70/AE71 insert body should be 38.1mm diameter, and 388mm long. That is to fit all KE70 type cars, sedan, wagon and van.

TE72/AE86 insert is 44.5mm diameter, and 397mm long. These inserts also fit a whole host of toyota struts, like Corona, Cressida, old Supra etc, even if a few mm shorter.

I suspect your 407mm inserts are to suit Sigma '77-'87 and too long to fit a Toyota strut I know of.

Razz
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Thu, 10 November 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are 38.1mm dia

so to suit ke70/ae71

sorry about confusion
ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Fri, 11 November 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey lawson, I'll probably be keen provided they fit.. i'll call you on the weekend and come have a suss.
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Fri, 11 November 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries dude, you got my number?
ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Sun, 13 November 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When will you have them dude??

I've got a KE10 strut i'll compare it with.. Let us know when you've got them and i'll check them out.

Cheers.
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Sun, 13 November 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries, late this week, i put the measurement thing to bilstein, i am awaiting their reply...
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Tue, 15 November 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ON HOLD!!!

Bilstien part number matches to a ra40 and ra60 celica (44.5?), and i still dont have delivery of the items. Ill put this on hold till at least a pair or 2 arrive... thanks
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Tue, 15 November 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just measure them when they come, and I will let you know what they fit, and with what spacer.
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Tue, 15 November 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your help Smile - ill let u know
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Wed, 23 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the shocks arrived.. pics here

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5372/sv3012842q y.jpg

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5287/sv3012851n d.jpg

ill test fit some tomorrow, thanks Very Happy
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Wed, 23 November 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump...
beige_bandit
Regular

September 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Wed, 23 November 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you test fitted yet?
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Thu, 24 November 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
test fit 1 is happening on a ke15 today

ke70 tomorrow.. Very Happy
beige_bandit
Regular

September 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Thu, 24 November 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont understand why the fuck bilstien make different inserts for KE70 to AE86 when koni inserts fit both struts Mad
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Thu, 24 November 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have different diameter strut housings.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Thu, 24 November 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenght?

thanks dave
beige_bandit
Regular

September 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Thu, 24 November 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
length?

Are you saying the hight of the insert is different?(between ke70 and ae86)

Is there any difference you guys know of between the jap ae86 strut
and the auz ae86 strut

truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Thu, 24 November 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdm ae86 and adm ae86 struts are identical bar brakes (but pads are same
ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Fri, 25 November 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lawson, I had a quick look, the longer of the two dont fit in a ke10 strut.. theyre diameter is too big at the bottom, hence why on the other shock it is smaller.

The shocks both have identical stroke to ke10 and the top mounting thread is a direct fit.

length wise, they are bothe shorter than ke10 so i'd need to cut strut tubes down a bit more which will allow me to lower it more. you would also need to remove the gold cap thing that is press fit on the top.

I'll let you know if im keen.
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Fri, 25 November 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey dude ur friend wouldnt have any spare corona shocks lying around would he?
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Fri, 25 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
?????

pm is best...

but what model of corona, what are you looking for from a shock, budget etc, pm me

thanks

Nathan, any luck with fitment?
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Sat, 26 November 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave how long are the inserts?

thanks
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Sun, 27 November 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude u tried these in ur ke yet?
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Mon, 28 November 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will try em in like 2 hours
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Mon, 28 November 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THESE SHOCKS DO NOT FIT GRRRR

people that have paid, please pm me your bank details for immediate refund, thanks Very Happy

my apologies to all
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Mon, 28 November 2005 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what dont fit about them? too long?

dave if u could measure the lenght for me ill tell you if they will fit in my ta22 struts and ill buy them

thankyou
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Tue, 29 November 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
605 fully extended, from base of shock to where chrome piston stops, thanks
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Tue, 29 November 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To save confusion, how about you just measure the length of the main body, and the diameter of the body. Then I can let people know what they fit.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Tue, 29 November 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 20:10

To save confusion, how about you just measure the length of the main body, and the diameter of the body. Then I can let people know what they fit.

yea thats what i meant by measuring it.

in what way do the not fit the ke70 strut housings? are the too long?
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Tue, 29 November 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the body was too wide for the strut housing
beige_bandit
Regular

September 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW Thu, 01 December 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 20:58

Can you please measure the body diameter and the body lengths please, so we can be sure what they fit.

KE70/AE71 insert body should be 38.1mm diameter, and 388mm long. That is to fit all KE70 type cars, sedan, wagon and van.

TE72/AE86 insert is 44.5mm diameter, and 397mm long. These inserts also fit a whole host of toyota struts, like Corona, Cressida, old Supra etc, even if a few mm shorter.

I suspect your 407mm inserts are to suit Sigma '77-'87 and too long to fit a Toyota strut I know of.

Razz

Are these measurments of the diameters internal or external of the strut body?

Ive got ke70 struts out of my p/van that measure 45mm external diam
and ae86 struts that measure 51mm external diam

Whats the part number for these inserts
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Fri, 02 December 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we are talking about INSERT body, not strut housing...

you are correct with the different sizes
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Fri, 02 December 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan1: I don't wish to offend, but I need to make this clear. You have strut inserts for sale, which maybe at a good price. BUT you are not sure what they fit, AND you won't measure them and let us know what they are. How can you posiably expect to sell something we don't even know will fit?

You have the struts there. Please just measure the length of the main body, and the diameter of the main body, and the fully extended length.

OR delete this thread.
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: Front KE corolla shocks NEW - PICS UP Fri, 02 December 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence taken, i have just opened a shop, i am very busy, the shocks are not currently in my possession, a mate is trying them, i will update this thread shortly...thanks for your patience
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Wed, 07 December 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIG BIG BIG BUMP, read top thread...
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Wed, 07 December 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these shocks are factory length but are uprated and can handle some decent lowering.. Very Happy
truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Wed, 07 December 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be putting these in my daily, as they are the same price as kyb, monroe etc, but way way better...
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Wed, 07 December 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have pm

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 23:43]

truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Thu, 08 December 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm replied
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Thu, 08 December 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt recieve a pm.

could u send me email to farmerpoh@hotmail.com

or pm me on ae86drivingclub

toymods = gay

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 01:41]

truenosedan1
Regular

July 2005
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Thu, 08 December 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im the dumbass, i forgot to hit send, actually sent now Smile
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Bilstein: AE86 front shocks PICS UP - 2 pairs left Thu, 08 December 2005 05:03 Go to previous message
lol sall good thanks for the reply Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Black limited Trueno wheels 14'
Next Topic:F/S king springs AE82, ZZE122 & ZZE123, Echo, Celica ZZT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:38:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008368968963623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.