Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » so this is what happens when you do up a real super car

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:29 Go to next message
MOTHER OF GOD

Quote:

What the hell happened here??

Yes ladies and gentleman your eyes have not failed you, this is indeed a twin-turbo-charged 5.7 L V12 Diablo SV! Feast your eyes on what is one of the most impressive engine conversions I have ever seen. Unlike bolting on ready-made, easy to fit bits & pieces like a lot of tuners do [playing Lego as I like to refer to it Wink] everything you see here has been designed and built for this particular car, all custom. The massive KKK K27 turbine and Blitz wastegates have found a home behind the massive V12 where they compress the air up to 1.2 Bar and feed the twin top-mounted intercoolers, again all custom built. This engine bay is something you just can't stop looking at...
This thing puts out 1187 PS at the rear wheels and a tractor rivaling (it is a Lambo after all!) 128.8 kgm. For those of you that can't get their heads around the modern metric system that is 931 pounds for every one of those "feet" you still use Wink

Out on the road this thing is savage. I thought highly tuned GT-Rs were fast but this thing is just ridiculous. It can pull 368 km/h flat out and there is plenty left as it bounces off the limiter in 5th. More power is on the cards too with a slight increase of boost and a few more tweaks Mr. Kondou is shooting for 1,400 PS and 136 kgm. Crazy!

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/ttd-01.jpg
http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/ttd-08.jpg
http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/2005/10/lamborghini_dia .html
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet mother of god that is awesome. Koenig has been making turbo kits for the Diablo since the mid 90's.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUCKEN HELL!!!!!!!!!
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah......its not bad.....Its absolutely fucking incredible!!!!! Shocked Eye Spin Shocked Eye Spin Heart Nod

If it tops out at 368km/h cause its bouncing off the limiter id strech its legs a bit...break the elusive 400km/h for 99.99999% of road cars
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 16:51

oh yeah......its not bad.....Its absolutely fucking incredible!!!!! Shocked Eye Spin Shocked Eye Spin Heart Nod

If it tops out at 368km/h cause its bouncing off the limiter id strech its legs a bit...break the elusive 400km/h for 99.99999% of road cars

Definately needs a taller diff ratio and it'd crack it easy.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen better. Laughing

Shocked thats just dam stupid... like the guy that had the ferrai pushed 800hp at rears or sometihng...

but fuck thats damm hot.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id atleast do that before thinking about more power...It boggles the mind as to what a car like that would actually feel like to drive....

I dont think the loud pedal would ever need to find the floor with that much power on tap....deserves the numberplate AFTBNR hehehe
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/ttd-10.jpg

hahaha its got cannons! lol

spoontah eat ya hearts out
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 16:58

Id atleast do that before thinking about more power...It boggles the mind as to what a car like that would actually feel like to drive....

I dont think the loud pedal would ever need to find the floor with that much power on tap....deserves the numberplate AFTBNR hehehe

More power wouldn't do shit anyway if they kept the same rev limit if that was the problem, i mean the 9ff Porsche cracked 388kmph with less power, and the veyron has pipped the 400kmph mark 1000hp+ at the engine (apparently some are a bit fitter than they are supposed to be). So with over 1000ps atw there is now way it wouldn't be able to crack it not unless it has substantially worse aerodynamics which i doubt.

The question has to be asked though why'd he mod the 5.7L motor get a later diablo and it has the 6.0L motor or heck a Murielago has a 6.2L or the concept soon to be released GT has 6.5L NA pushing 522kw. I mean anyone modding a lambo would have a decent bank balance the difference between them interms of money would be like an acclaim and executive commo for common folk.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...words fail me...
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better number plate "WHY-TRY"

witch do you think would win....the shiny diablo or old mates sleeper 1500HP supra?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 18:37

better number plate "WHY-TRY"

witch do you think would win....the shiny diablo or old mates sleeper 1500HP supra?

win what?

a 5.7L motor with 1.2bar is gonna be a heck of a lot less laggy and have a lot more midrange than a 3L motor with more power.....
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Fri, 11 November 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It never ceases to amaze me how far (and how much money they spend) people will go to try and get their car to perform like it had an 18RG in it. Smile

seeyuzz
river

PS: I hope he's at least got an F-series diff in the car!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sat, 12 November 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

pfft i reckon the soarer would still go harder Laughing
andylaurel
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sat, 12 November 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that made my night...

im going to watch Drift Battle DVD with Hibino at BM day and then im going to die of happiness.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sat, 12 November 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why does he have 4 echausts in the above photo? has he just left the stock ones on......DODGY!!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sat, 12 November 2005 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 01:04

why does he have 4 echausts in the above photo? has he just left the stock ones on......DODGY!!!

Dodgy? I don't think anything about that car is dodgy.

They probably added the ones at the bottom. I'd imagine all 4 have exhaust comming out of them. Just the two at the bottom wouldn't flow enough air for a 5.7ltr high revving turbo setup. No way.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or the top two may be for the external wastgates...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 01:04

hahhahahhhahab Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

there's a small difference between a spoontah running 4 exhausts with a 1.6L engine......

compared to a boosted 5.7L (say a bit over 1bar) givign an effective 12L engine... thats... 7.5 times MORE exhaust gas Rolling Eyes

so if he had the usual 2" exhaust for a 1.6L motor.. he'd need 7 exhausts Razz ... or one 5.3".... or four 2.6" exhausts
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.strangevehicles.com/images/content/106150.jpg
Rolling Eyes
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude...what are you talking about? Confused

nyah...i'm merely suggesting that if he'd gone into that much trouble....the least he couldve done was to have 4 identical, symetrical looking exhaust!
i mean seriously..i presume that thing pops flames, imagine the flames coming out of that exhaust setup? it'd be everywhere!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the simple reasoning would be looking at the bottom exhausts they would fit in the gap between the bumpers without cutting being needed and would probably be too close to the bumpers even then and thus melt/damage them.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Nahhhh... it's just rice. Two, or maybe three of them are fake.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 17:49

Hi,

Nahhhh... it's just rice. Two, or maybe three of them are fake.

seeyuzz
river

Diablo has twins to quads stock river
Black
Regular

March 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanna touch it Shocked
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Sun, 13 November 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Rona... listen chap, don't confuse me with the facts 'cos I've got my mind made up. Smile

seeyuzz
river
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could someone please pass me the spoont cup.. i'm in need.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and heres what happens if can't parallel park a lambo. (hard to stomach)

http://zoltuger.orcon.net.nz/lambo/
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa wonder what happened there, WTF is up with that pole though? it looks like a tall bessa block (or what ever they are called)
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just when you thought it was safe to park your very expensive car in your garage.

http://media.skoopy.com/misc/ferrari_crash/1.jpg
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.S THIS is a real done up supercar
http://www.desoto58.com/customzone/lambo02.jpg
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats fuggin awesome in a matchbox car kinda way Very Happy

mmmmm stylish
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats almost as Bad as the 300sl in one of the cannonball run movies with the 400ci chev in it, die die die. Alas its just a fibreglass so all is good. Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: so this is what happens when you do up a real super car Tue, 15 November 2005 13:13 Go to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 23:39

Thats almost as Bad as the 300sl in one of the cannonball run movies with the 400ci chev in it, die die die. Alas its just a fibreglass so all is good. Razz

what drugs are you on???
it's one of the best drag cars of that style i've seen for a while!

then again, maybe thats just the rivets talking... i reckon it's "D1 READY.. YO ASP"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help with buying car
Next Topic:this is cool!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:09:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058968067169189 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.