Toymods » General Car Talk » What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
killer_taxi
Regular

April 2005
What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Thu, 10 November 2005 08:51 Go to next message
I've been looking at some Toyota MX83 Cressida's on the Internet. I then came across this image of the rear armrest been put down. Can some please tell me what the white circle is, what is that thing there?

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4673/6038396full8gs.jpg

Thanks. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Thu, 10 November 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno? It's not factory from what ive seen. Could just be someones cut a hole there to stick something through cause the back seats dont fold down?
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like it could be a tissue dispenser Laughing

Cheers
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My guess is it's some sort of bass reflex hole.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought tissue dispenser and bass relfex hole to. Dunno really a hole so they peak thru and check the dead bodies to make sure they are infact dead.

Looks odd and doesn't look like anything i have seen from factory. You can pull the middle section down in my car so you can grab shit out of the boot but that hole doesn't even enable you to do that.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intriguing. I have seen holes similar to that in toilet wall cubicles that are frequented by homosexuals............

Back on track........what is behind the hole? That would probably answer the question. Maybe you could put a child in the boot and have them pass beers through the hole to passengers in the rear seat Cool
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL... that's my car. Laughing

Behind that hole (the white thing you see) is a JVC sub. I'll dig up some more pics. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 09:01]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/9480/img07191si.th.jpghttp://img466.imageshack.us/img466/345/img07206af.th.jpghttp://img492.imageshack.us/img492/2300/img07226zd.th.jpghttp://img492.imageshack.us/img492/1070/img07216vi.th.jpg

The sub has a blue LED in it that makes it glow blue when the bass comes on.
I made the box out of 18mm MDF and was designed shallow and wide to minimise the amount of space the box robs the boot of.

And, before you ask, yes i know the sub is upside down, it's like that on purpose. The box is so tight that the base of the box interferes with the terminals.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nice
is the hole stock?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm, very nice cut then
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Fri, 11 November 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Compass with biro... then scalpel with steady hand. Wink
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Sun, 13 November 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berry nice SIMDOG, its good to see some decent installs around these days, rather than bodgy half assed installs, that are oh-so-common.

well done Smile

Eldar.O.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Mon, 14 November 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speedhole?
flux capacit0rz power feed line?
Cowbell increaser?
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: What is it? - Toyota Cressida MX83 Tue, 15 November 2005 06:13 Go to previous message
haha that looks cool simdog.. and you've got the same amp/sub as me.. i was like "hey, that's MY boot" (minus the cooler looking sub box etc.. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help with getting loan in Perth
Next Topic:Jamboree on Speedweek 20th Nov SBS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:43:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053138732910156 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.