Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Alpine Head Unit question Tue, 05 October 2004 08:56 Go to next message
Hi
I had an issue with my car the other night where my drunk friend (so-called) borrowed my car keys to get his bag out of it. He ended up joy riding to the other end of town. Long story.
Dont worry he has been dealt with. Cunt. Evil or Very Mad

Car is fine, however first time I drove it after the 'issue' stereo will not turn on at all. Only the little red LED came on and stayed on but I could not get the display to light up.

2nd time I drove it no lights come on at all.Checked all fuses they are OK. I disconnected everything and reconnected. Still no luck. Deck has 12V tested.

I dont understand. There was no attempt made to steal the stereo. It looks fine no damage to anything. I dont understand it worked fine the day b4 this prick went for a drive.

Anyone got any ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Tue, 05 October 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it has a detatchable face the mabe the contacts between the faceplate and the rest of the unit are dirty or not touching or something? just a guess... either that or its fucked Razz can your "mate" remember what he did to it?

[Updated on: Tue, 05 October 2004 12:32]

Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Wed, 06 October 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depending on the model there should be a small recessed reset button on the face of the deck, hold this in for about 30 seconds and see if that works for you.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Wed, 06 October 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally, I'd just get him to buy a new one.
I'm guessing he is no longer a friend, so screw him.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Wed, 06 October 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. I think there is a reset button I will check that out and the contacts. If not I will make him buy a new one! Shame he's a broke Uni bum.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Wed, 06 October 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit! I tried the reset button and cleaned the contacts. No good!

Is there a fuse inside the Head Unit itself that might have blown? Is it easy to check?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Alpine Head Unit question Wed, 06 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which alpine is it ?

there is an inline fuse on the 12v power connector on most alpine units. the yellow (iirc) wire should have a small grey block about the size of a pack of matches on it. inside that block will be a fuse.. 10or 15A i think.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Sat, 09 October 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a cdm7856r

this inline fuse, would I have to take the casing off to check it? Ill have a look when i get home. Cool!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Alpine Head Unit question Sat, 09 October 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope its inside a block about the size of a pack of matches along the wiring harness.
Maphril
Regular

January 2004

Re: Alpine Head Unit question Sat, 09 October 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that could be the problem, but it still brings back the question of how this fuse blew in the first place. Let's hope for your sake that your 'friend' didn't damage the unit in his travels.
OviMR2
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Sat, 09 October 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon take it to your nearest dealer and see what they can do about it.. It might be something trivial that noones seen before..
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Sat, 09 October 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and pay someone when he could potentially fix it him self? Wink
flax
Newcomer

November 2005
icon9.gif  Re: Alpine Head Unit question Sun, 06 November 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an Alpine deck (same model) with the same problem which I thought was unusual for an Alpine. What was the end result in your situation?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Alpine Head Unit question Fri, 11 November 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well mate i have a new MP3 headunit now. I actually never fixed it! I think i killed it somemore trying to find the internal fuse. Its a paperweight now. sorry mate cant help
flax
Newcomer

November 2005
icon7.gif  Re: Alpine Head Unit question Fri, 11 November 2005 16:05 Go to previous message
No probs thanks for the reply I managed to retreive my cd and I'm off to the shops to buy an MP3 unit as well.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3TGTE wiring issues
Next Topic:HOW MUCH???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:20:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004741907119751 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.