Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
River Fri, 11 November 2005 14:18 Go to next message
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/11/04/suicide.inter net/index.html

not very funny but i did find it amusing that one of our own regulars uses other web forums Razz

"Suzanne's dad believes one of those messages taught her how to illegally obtain and use cyanide to end her life. And he was horrified to learn that an older ASH member who goes by the alias "River" may have helped her"
  Send a private message to this user    
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: River Fri, 11 November 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Waiting patiently for "River" to reply!!!!

He's been up to NO good!!!!! assume the position!!! Laughing
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: River Fri, 11 November 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think hes in trouble Razz
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: River Fri, 11 November 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good job of advertising.
This now has the potential to increase the membership of this news group by 13026 members.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Sat, 12 November 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Now listen here chaps....

I can neither confirm nor deny those allegations. You'll have to speak to my lawyer.

seeyuzz
river
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: River Sat, 12 November 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill ring him monday morning Razz
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: River Sat, 12 November 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why have we never been open for this info river?

*i dont tihnk i know you any more* Crying or Very Sad
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Sun, 13 November 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well it's not the sort of thing one devulges on a car forum.

I'm still the same lovable chappy as always. I know you guys still love and adore me. Rolling Eyes

seeyuzz
river
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: River Sun, 13 November 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 17:57

Hi,

Well it's not the sort of thing one devulges on a car forum.

I'm still the same lovable chappy as always. I know you guys still love and adore me. Rolling Eyes

seeyuzz
river

were would we be with out a wise old man.. who says we need more 18rg in that!

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: River Sun, 13 November 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt that old man river would've done thast, if he had've he'd have told her the best and only way to die is to "inhale the intoxicating aroma of an 18RG exhaust till u cark it"
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Sun, 13 November 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I love the smell of a rich-running 18RG in the morning!

Death by twin cam. There's something romantic and special in that.

seeyuzz
river
Eighty-6^
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: River Sun, 13 November 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 22:18

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/11/04/suicide.inter net/index.html

not very funny

i agree Razz jk
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: River Sun, 13 November 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CO, With the price of fuel this is now to expensive.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: River Wed, 16 November 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That isn't really the Toymods "River" is it?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Wed, 16 November 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The "Toymods river".... I like that! Smile

I'm in numerous forums, many of them related to Toyotas - especially 1st gen Celicas, but I also haunt other forums like the various rubber fetish, lesbian doctors, aliens & UFOs, the egyptian "sphinxta & phuck you" forum, beaver eaters, female circumcision, philosophy, steam engine revival, war gaming, old computers, conspiracy theories, MILF, homebuilt cyclatron making, advanced telescope making, celestial photography, perones disease, sci-fi writers, aerospace, Gorean, and........... ASH.

I'm a man of many talents and have my hooks into many things.

seeyuzz
river
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: River Wed, 16 November 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

A question, River -

Is your bed made out of old 18RG parts?

Cheers,
James
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: River Wed, 16 November 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So It is serious then?

I was going to give you the benefit of my doubt, but I guess there's no need for that.

In the most politest of ways, that story doesn't do anything for your public opinion. What the hell were you thinking?

I know the internet is all about freedom of information, and you can't be responsible for what people do with that information, but I have to say what the hell would you need to be doing stuff like that for?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: River Wed, 16 November 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 10:32

So It is serious then?

I was going to give you the benefit of my doubt, but I guess there's no need for that.

In the most politest of ways, that story doesn't do anything for your public opinion. What the hell were you thinking?

I know the internet is all about freedom of information, and you can't be responsible for what people do with that information, but I have to say what the hell would you need to be doing stuff like that for?

whoa whoa whoa

man, he's joking! far out!

LOL

It's not really the toymods river, he's just yanking your chain.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: River Wed, 16 November 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, that's alright then.

I thought he was a little blase' about it all.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: River Thu, 17 November 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This article however contains the real River:

Quote:

(MSN) Kevin Knowles seemed to have everything going for him.

A bubbly 19-year-old with loving parents and good friends, he was also a strong student and earned a Bonza Badge in year 12.

But everything changed one spring day two months ago, when Kevs parents, Macca and Shazza, received the following e-mail.
"Dear Mum, Dad, and Bazza, I will make this short as I know. It will be hard to deal with. If you haven't heard by now, I've started drifting in industrial estates in my AE86" the e-mail read.

Alone on a beautiful right hander, just kilometres from his caravan, Kevin methodically prepared and began his approach to the corner, where his use of the E-brake and feint drift action led to his death by leaving the road and wrapping himself around a light pole.

In doing so, he joined the roughly 4,000 people between the ages of 15 and 19 who suffer dorifto death each year, according to the RTA. Dorifto death is now the third leading cause of death among young people, the RTA reports.

But Kevins case has an unusual twist. He frequented an Internet Forum called www.toymods.com

Members of this news group trade advice on how to street drift, using code words like 'slide' and 'entry speed' and 'drift angle'. Kevin found this group nine weeks before he died, posting nearly one hundred messages detailing the specs of his eight-six and his plans of fitting a 4AGE.

"My chosen method is e-brake....I've stopped throttle induced powerslides," one of Kevins posts read.

Kevins father claims the Forum group gave him everything he needed to kill himself.

"The knowledge, the tools, their psychological encouragement. ... He was led to his death," Macca Knowles said.

Forum Groups like www.toymods.com work something like an online bulletin board. Anyone with a computer and some basic Internet knowledge can gain free access to thousands of messages about dorifto. And they can post their own messages.

An archived section of the site called "The Drift Methods File" contains a list of instructions, recommendations and tips on the best and worst ways to street drift.

Kevins dad believes one of those messages taught him how to remove the button on his rear seat that activates the fold down mechanism and use it on his handbrake. And he was horrified to learn that an older www.toymods.com member who goes by the alias "River" may have helped him.

"Kevin had me check over his E-brake and we went over all the details of his corner exit, just to be safe," reads one www.toymods.com message from "River."

But "River" disputes his role in Kevins death.
"No one in www.toymods.com encourages anyone else to street drift. www.toymods.com is pro-choice yo!" he wrote in an e-mail to MSN.

"86asp_yo" is another www.toymods.com member. He was the same age as Kevin when he joined the group last year and thinks dorifto groups like www.toymods.com actually keep people from drifting.

In fact, "86asp_yo" credits www.toymods.com with saving his life.
"If it weren't for it, I think the chances of me having started drifting would have been greater," he said. "Having a place where you can see how much of a bunch of tool-beaters most of the 86 fans are really opened my eyes, I promptly sold my AE86 and bought a Daewoo Lanos wif neons."

But Kevins dad thinks otherwise.
"That's not pro-choice," Macca Knowles said of the site. "That's brainwashing. And they are not being held responsible yo."

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2005 05:07]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Thu, 17 November 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, settle down chaps.

If you think that good old Toymods river would go around and assist people in killing themselves, then you obviously haven't been reading my posts.

Perhaps it's my dry sand-paper-rough wit and cool drollness in my words and sentences that may allude others to think differently to what I have written.

Besides, my "r" in river is a little "r". I wouldn't be that pretentious to use a big "R" in my nick.

seeyuzz
river

PS: See you on alt.rubberfetish

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: River Thu, 17 November 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is this the real story about bubbles ARGH
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: River Thu, 17 November 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam river/River, I was going to ask you for some suggestions.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Sat, 19 November 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hi-Ace wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 07:44

Dam river/River, I was going to ask you for some suggestions.

Not a problem, you old geezer. I've got a few suggestions! Smile

seeyuzz
river
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: River Tue, 22 November 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 10:48

This article however contains the real River:

Quote:

(MSN) Kevin Knowles seemed to have everything going for him.

A bubbly 19-year-old with loving parents and good friends, he was also a strong student and earned a Bonza Badge in year 12.

But everything changed one spring day two months ago, when Kevs parents, Macca and Shazza, received the following e-mail.
"Dear Mum, Dad, and Bazza, I will make this short as I know. It will be hard to deal with. If you haven't heard by now, I've started drifting in industrial estates in my AE86" the e-mail read.

Alone on a beautiful right hander, just kilometres from his caravan, Kevin methodically prepared and began his approach to the corner, where his use of the E-brake and feint drift action led to his death by leaving the road and wrapping himself around a light pole.

In doing so, he joined the roughly 4,000 people between the ages of 15 and 19 who suffer dorifto death each year, according to the RTA. Dorifto death is now the third leading cause of death among young people, the RTA reports.

But Kevins case has an unusual twist. He frequented an Internet Forum called www.toymods.com

Members of this news group trade advice on how to street drift, using code words like 'slide' and 'entry speed' and 'drift angle'. Kevin found this group nine weeks before he died, posting nearly one hundred messages detailing the specs of his eight-six and his plans of fitting a 4AGE.

"My chosen method is e-brake....I've stopped throttle induced powerslides," one of Kevins posts read.

Kevins father claims the Forum group gave him everything he needed to kill himself.

"The knowledge, the tools, their psychological encouragement. ... He was led to his death," Macca Knowles said.

Forum Groups like www.toymods.com work something like an online bulletin board. Anyone with a computer and some basic Internet knowledge can gain free access to thousands of messages about dorifto. And they can post their own messages.

An archived section of the site called "The Drift Methods File" contains a list of instructions, recommendations and tips on the best and worst ways to street drift.

Kevins dad believes one of those messages taught him how to remove the button on his rear seat that activates the fold down mechanism and use it on his handbrake. And he was horrified to learn that an older www.toymods.com member who goes by the alias "River" may have helped him.

"Kevin had me check over his E-brake and we went over all the details of his corner exit, just to be safe," reads one www.toymods.com message from "River."

But "River" disputes his role in Kevins death.
"No one in www.toymods.com encourages anyone else to street drift. www.toymods.com is pro-choice yo!" he wrote in an e-mail to MSN.

"86asp_yo" is another www.toymods.com member. He was the same age as Kevin when he joined the group last year and thinks dorifto groups like www.toymods.com actually keep people from drifting.

In fact, "86asp_yo" credits www.toymods.com with saving his life.
"If it weren't for it, I think the chances of me having started drifting would have been greater," he said. "Having a place where you can see how much of a bunch of tool-beaters most of the 86 fans are really opened my eyes, I promptly sold my AE86 and bought a Daewoo Lanos wif neons."

But Kevins dad thinks otherwise.
"That's not pro-choice," Macca Knowles said of the site. "That's brainwashing. And they are not being held responsible yo."

GODDAMN IM WRECKED FROM THAT Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: River Tue, 22 November 2005 01:51 Go to previous message
Hi,

Yeah, it's pretty good, eh? If only ke382tg (and oldcorrollas for that matter) could only use their talents for good! Smile

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Public Enemy vs John Howard
Next Topic:Should I keep the blue hair?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:47:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086038112640381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.