Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Tue, 08 November 2005 10:46 Go to next message
ive searched for this, and its probably stupidest question ever asked here but better to double check things and be sure and to use what ever resources you have available---you guys. does a 2t-g bolt straight into a ta22/23?? if not what needs to be done for it to fit in.
thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Tue, 08 November 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the TA22 GT's had 2TG engines in them originaly so YES a 2TG sould bolt straight in.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Tue, 08 November 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it does bolt straight in, even the engine mounts on the standard motor swap straight over.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Tue, 08 November 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is all incorrect!! The 2TG does NOT bolt straight in! It bolts in on an angle.
andurils_sheath
Regular

December 2004
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Tue, 08 November 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a quick q, do any alterations need to be made to the fuel system or are the fuel lines the same. Also do the same linkages connect.

Cheers
hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Wed, 09 November 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say that they would be a bit different but i dont think it would be hard to rerout some fuel lines, as for the linkages you might even find that the old one will work. I COULD BE WRONG THOW Wink
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Wed, 09 November 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel lines DO NOT have to be changed, from a 2T to 2TGEU, unless they are rooted (hard cracking rubber..) when you go 3TGTE id suggest all new braided lines, as with linkages you can modify the 2T linkages to work with a 2TG, but id recommend a cable setup, as you get a much better throttle response and feels better on the pedal.

cheers.
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Wed, 09 November 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gerald1,

Will bolt into the TA22 and TA23.

Can use same fuel pump and lines.

Can use same alternator, water pump, starter motor and gearbox.

Can use same engine mounts.

Can modify the throttle linkages to make a bodge, but a cable replacement would be far better.

Cool1, you will find that the 2T-G stands up vertical side to side and the crank centre line is parallel to the ground just like the 2T.

See you all on the other side!

Rodger

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Wed, 09 November 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yrhkira wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 12:20

Cool1, you will find that the 2T-G stands up vertical side to side and the crank centre line is parallel to the ground just like the 2T.

No. The 2T and the 2TG bolt in leaning to one side. Passenger side I think Rolling Eyes
If your 2T isn't leaning, your mounts are probably stuffed, or they are not bolted in correctly.
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Wed, 09 November 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well then I'll have to look a bit harder at my installation and recalibrate my glasses.

Regards

Rodger
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1,

Glasses recallibrated. I checked my installation and have never given it much notice.

The motor is about 2-3 degrees off vertical, top of engine leaning over to the exhaust side.

Thanks

Regards

Rodger
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep
I know what i'm talking about sometimes Razz
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah noticed this too in my 2tg rolla, i had a metal spacer plate under one of my mounts, about 4mm thick or so.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIKTA22 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 13:18

Fuel lines DO NOT have to be changed, from a 2T to 2TGEU, unless they are rooted

Unless it's a typo, if you're installing a 2TGEU as opposed to the 2TG as suggested, you do need to replace the fuel hoses, as the Fuel injection runs at a higher pressure to the Carby. If you don't put EFI fuel lines in your in for some serious flamage!
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azrael wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 14:54

Fuel lines DO NOT have to be changed, from a 2T to 2TGEU, unless they are rooted

Unless it's a typo, if you're installing a 2TGEU as opposed to the 2TG as suggested, you do need to replace the fuel hoses, as the Fuel injection runs at a higher pressure to the Carby. If you don't put EFI fuel lines in your in for some serious flamage!

No its not a typo, Yes EFI pumps pump at a much much higher rate than a carby pump but If hes installing a 2TGEU into a TA22, the lines underneath the body are made from alloy tubing, there are rubber bits here and there about a few cm long but thats all that will have to be changed, i should have mentioned that, but otherwise its fine. if anyone has had problems with running a 2TGEU in a ta22 with the stock underbody lines please put in your input, as i have seen quite a few with the stock lines running about.

my 2c
cheers
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was under the impression the 2t / 2t-g water pumps were different? Please comfirm i'm wrong cause I need a new pump and i guess a 2t is much easier to get.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Thu, 10 November 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they are different but you can get the 2t one and modify it to work with a 2tg.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Fri, 11 November 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIKTA22 wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 16:27

Azrael wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 14:54

No its not a typo, Yes EFI pumps pump at a much much higher rate than a carby pump but If hes installing a 2TGEU into a TA22, the lines underneath the body are made from alloy tubing, there are rubber bits here and there about a few cm long

I agree the metal piping is not a problem, but I ended up using about 1.5-2m (total) of efi rubber hose running the pipes to the new fuel pump and filters. Over this sort of distance I wouldn't be wanting to use non-EFI hoses.

Sorry just being pedantic in the sake of safety...

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 04:50]

SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: nooooob question ta22/23 2t-g Sat, 12 November 2005 03:19 Go to previous message
yeah anywhere from 80cm to 2m of rubber, depending on how you setup your fuel delivery but no worries, all is good Smile
goodluck with your engine swap Gerald1
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Question about engine start
Next Topic:URGENT safc HELP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:47:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056900978088379 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.