Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Fri, 11 November 2005 22:36 Go to next message
ive got a broken stud in the head for my exhaust manifold it has enough thread to get a nut onto it tried the 2 nut trick and then that did absolutely nothing had a few more goes at it nothing , so i got the shits and welded the nut on there and it fu**ing snapped the weld haha, so im guessing this is really stuck in there or the weld wont penetrate due to the stud crystalising due to the heat or it just getting really hard due to the heat

has anyone got any ideas on how to get it out, im not sure a eze out will do it unless i pay 100 bucks for a good set and im still not sure it will work, so does anyone know any tricks to get this out
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Fri, 11 November 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heat it with an oxy and have another go try soaking it with penetrene wd40 crc spray every day for a few days then try again
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Fri, 11 November 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got a stud remover? they are pretty cheap, and work on any size stud. give it a good soak in WD40/whatever, let it soak for a few hours and try the stud remover.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ive soakd it in wd40 etc i got it to move half a turn then it just lockd up again

think ill just get someone out to drill it out and retap it
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get a stud wrench, they are cheaper than what you are proposing
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get some stuff called INOX.
It's like wd40 etc but seems to work better. Its got me outta trouble a few times. They sell it at super cheap auto and most other automotive shops.

Cheers
-Phil
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you got the stud to move half a turn in one direction just try turning it back and forth half a turn each direction and it will eventually come loose.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hit the stud with a hammer, then they just fall out
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call this guy during the week sometime. hes getting the bolt out of my block

Quote:

J & G Thread Repair Service

*Mobile service
*Brocken bolts
*Thread coils
*Sparkplug inserts
*Brocken easy outs

JOHN 0419273371
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah those guys work wonders. a similar guy took off a rounded pulley bolt... didnt even have to tap it again..
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Sat, 12 November 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 17:07

hes getting the bolt out of my block

i jsut realised how bad that sounds!
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: undoing REALLY REALLY stuck studs out of the head Mon, 14 November 2005 06:35 Go to previous message
domasik wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 21:10

domasik wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 17:07

hes getting the bolt out of my block

i jsut realised how bad that sounds!

Haha err, even with my mind in the gutter i'm not seeing it

I've used one of those stud remove things on a head bolt before and it didn't do shit, just slipped. Was a good sidchrome one too. Ended up angle grinding it off, not that this helps you Wink

tried a plumbers wrench?

If you can heat it up then have a go at it you should be right.. Would this affect valves or anything?

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 06:35]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:w5x + 4age clutch questions
Next Topic:vr4 frontmount on ae92 sx
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:34:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058090686798096 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.