Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE Help!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sikmr2
Regular

January 2003
4AGZE Help!!!!! Sun, 23 February 2003 08:32 Go to next message
Hey all, ive got an aw11 mr2 with a map sensored 4agze. My problem started with the check engine light coming on and the blower not switching on. If i reset the ecu it would run fine then do it again, until i reset the ecu, then do it again.
I replaced the supercharger, cause it was stuffed(snapped a bolt off the front that holds the pulley on) and it was making some nasty noises. While i was at it i put a nevo 175mm pulley on, with new belt, and also some new spark plugs.
Thinking my problem was solved i started it up but it still wont boost and the check engine light still stays on. No diagnostic codes, the check engine light stays on, or sort of half lit sometimes. It will falsh but its not a code, it does it without the pins bridged.
Ive replaced the map sensor,TPS, checked vsv's, oxygen sensor, air temp sensor etc.
What the hell could it be, i wanna drive it with the nevo.
Could it be the ecu itelf, how do i test it?
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE Help!!!!! Sun, 23 February 2003 23:31 Go to previous message
Freakhey dude,
i cant remember if this was asked on the mr2 board. but have you been for a drive in it? the reason i ask, is from what you are saying you have only started it and reved it but not driven it yet? please correct me if i am wrong.

i have a afm ze motor, so i dont know exactly how the map one works. but when i first put my ze into the 2, the check engine light was on, i could not find any problems with the motor or how it ran, so i drove it anyway. it all worked good 8-10psi boost from the 160mm pulley. well anyway, after a week or so the check engine light just went out. i can do diagnostics on it and everything. all is well.

i wouldnt know how to test your ecu, but first thing i would be doing is finding someone else with a map ze in your area, that you could just 'borrow' the ecu from and try it in your car.

or if you havnt already, go for a drive and see what it does. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I.R.S. rear end for AE86
Next Topic:AE92 4age clutches
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 22:34:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044169425964355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.