Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 13:22 Go to next message
Just recieved an email saying that BP had an accident of some form yesterday and the Perth's supply of BP Ultimate 98 RON may not be available untill december.

Dont know how true this is, or whether other states supply may be affected as well?

Has anyone heard anything about this?
  Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*FILLS UP TANK TOMORROW*

thank fuck i got paid yesterday Very Happy
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bp ultimate sux anyway...vortex 98 is the shiznit...i dunno my four just pings off its head on ultimate and runs without a problem on vortex 98.....so im not to worried about this ultimate shortage
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DV, BP Ultimate is the only 98 octane fuel sold here in WA.

On my way to the WRC today, I filled up. While I was there I saw two people (both in WRX's...) attemping to fill up with Ultimate, both pulling about $3 from the pump before giving up.

Looks like it's a good time to invest in octane-booster stocks Smiley =
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I happened to stop at a BP tonight and noticed that all the Ultimate pumps were out of order/stock. I wonder if it's because of this alleged accident or if it's just a coincidence. Confused
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 3 BP's all with ultimate within 5KM of my house

theres also Optimax, Vortex, Synergy8000 all within 10km of where i live.

and i live on the border of the metroplitian area too...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 12 November 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for sharing, now what does that have to do with the fact that in Perth, stations that usually have Ultimate98...dont?
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it all gets used up in adelaide b4 it reaches wa?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man thats gotta suck, gonna cost a bit in the meantime for you guys to buy some octane boosters every tank or just putter around on 95 ron fuel. As for the argument that BP ultimate is crap, i'd beg to differ of the three 98 ron fuels i have used it's by far the best in terms of economy and the car just seems a little more respnosive using it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, we have our own refinery.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 11:15

Man thats gotta suck, gonna cost a bit in the meantime for you guys to buy some octane boosters every tank or just putter around on 95 ron fuel. As for the argument that BP ultimate is crap, i'd beg to differ of the three 98 ron fuels i have used it's by far the best in terms of economy and the car just seems a little more respnosive using it.

agree on economy.

i get the worst mileage from shell fuels (around 400km a tank). mobil is only a small amount better, and caltex is almost as good as the BP stuff (over 600km a tank) Smile
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what does that have to do with the shortage of BP Ultimate in WA?
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-itude wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 12:03

what does that have to do with the shortage of BP Ultimate in WA?

Matt-itude wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 23:52

or whether other states supply may be affected as well?

Has anyone heard anything about this?

nothing. we were just merely pointing out whats happening in our own states.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was talking about the talk of fuel economy of different 98 octane fuels.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terra, as informative as that is,

it still has nothing to do with the fact that we have no BP Ultimate (98 octane) in Perth.

Eldar.O.

*edit* i am teh t00l

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2005 04:39]

Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update... just received this email:

Quote:

stolen form perth streetbikes forum:

"not trying to give the servo i work out business but,

the truckstop on 549 abernathy rd kewdale gets the fuel pumped directly from next door (tank farm). we had over 20,000 liters last night when i dipped it and we dont sell much ultimate.

if/when we do run out we will be the last to run out and the first to get it back again. "
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sun, 13 November 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.bp.com.au/sms/

from bp website
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 15 November 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BP Employees (I work at BP Bulwer Island in Brisbane) got a "Confidential" e-mail last week saying that supply in Perth and Adelaide may be affected due to an unplanned outage of some equipment. (Seems like public domain knowledge now...) This will affect 95 and 98RON. We make Ultimate here in Brisbane so I don't give a toss what happens in Perth Razz Not sure when the equipment is coming back online (although their Reformer seems to be working as of yesterday, so will take a little while for the good stuff to start flowing again.)
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 15 November 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep confirmed , i gave the guy 20 questions the other day at the BP Karrinyup

he didnt wanna say much but said it was a problem with electrical equipment and it will be at least a month with no 95 or 98 also at my work (im a senior call center agent) we do BP refinery emergency calls , and a call came through the otherday regarding an electrical malfunction and spill at the refinery.

oh well, Shell can take my next $200 worth of fuel ...
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 15 November 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BP Kewdale has no Ultimate either - ran out this morning.

This whole situation is f*cked. Somebody senior at BP Kwinana needs to lose their job over this.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 15 November 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 12:12

oh well, Shell can take my next $200 worth of fuel ...

Most Shell petrol stations I rock up at don't even have premium.
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 15 November 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shell premium?
caltex vortex seems to work better for me, by far.
shell premium makes my car run like its on 92ron Neutral
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 15 November 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mithy wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 18:43

shell premium?
caltex vortex seems to work better for me, by far.
shell premium makes my car run like its on 92ron Neutral

that could be why shell is normally 2 - 4c cheaper than all other stations Excluding Woolworths because we all know what they sell isnt even really petrol Laughing
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Thu, 17 November 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh man, ever since i got this rebuilt motor i was using ultimate. but tonite there was none at my bp. and i couldbt be farked driving around looking for some so i had to get premium. Sad
so its not only for perth i guess?
coz i asked teh guy and he said there was a production problem.
oh wells. hopefuly we will get it back soon.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Thu, 17 November 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 22:46

oh man, ever since i got this rebuilt motor i was using ultimate. but tonite there was none at my bp. and i couldbt be farked driving around looking for some so i had to get premium. Sad
so its not only for perth i guess?
coz i asked teh guy and he said there was a production problem.
oh wells. hopefuly we will get it back soon.

Yer. BP in Templestowe ran out of Ultimate too. Asked to dude when we might be looking at getting some back. He reckons early December. *sigh*
beige_bandit
Regular

September 2005
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Thu, 17 November 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Canberra's fresh out aswell Mad

So i grabbed some ampol gold instead, good stuff but bout 8c more
in price Mad
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Fri, 18 November 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BP's Kwinana refinery is back up and running their Reformer now so supply should start back up to Perth by this weekend. May take a bit longer to get to Adel, Mel, Syd etc.

I think Syd gets premium from Brisbane (and our alky was shut down for quite a while last month) so Syd should be getting restocked soon.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Fri, 18 November 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I noticed all the pumps at BP where out too.

Something else too. The other day when I went in to BP to find they had no ultimate. I then went down to Shell that is about 1km up the road and noticed an interesting price difference.

BP 91: $1.23/ltr
Shell 91: $1.12/ltr
Shell 98: $1.22/ltr

I was getting Shell 98 at less than BP 91! Has the high octane fuel shortage at BP forced their regular petrol price up?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Fri, 18 November 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed this too the other day, Woolworths (Caltex) fuel 109.9 before discount for 91 ron fuel, thrn drive past BP about 2kms where I normally fill up and its still 123.9 for 91 ron fuel.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Sat, 19 November 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just recieved a sms

Quote:

GREAT NEWS ! We're Delivering BP Ultimate to WA sites over this weekend. Thanks for your patience. BP Ultimate - Clean engines work better.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My GZ20 fuel tank says yay !
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Mon, 12 December 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 00:35

bp ultimate sux anyway...vortex 98 is the shiznit...i dunno my four just pings off its head on ultimate and runs without a problem on vortex 98.....so im not to worried about this ultimate shortage

Where can you get vortex 98 in Newcastle?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Mon, 12 December 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have had a shortage of the ultimate 98 for two weeks in adelaide...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Mon, 12 December 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same haven't had ultimate in NSW again for two weeks , after the original shortage I filled up then none once again WTF is going on.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Mon, 12 December 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cycleofabuse wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 15:53

most caltex's ive been to have it....i think the one at belmont has it, u can get it at the one on griffith/newcastle road waratah, maitland road mayfield ect, its prettymuch only the woolworth/caltex stations that dont have it man
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Mon, 12 December 2005 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cycleofabuse wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 15:53

Belmont (high school side of Pacific Highway only)
Charlestown (Near the BP)
Mayfield (Near AMF bowling alley)
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Mon, 12 December 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, i'll check it out.
I put some normal vortex in my car the other day and man did that suck! It felt laggy and didn't pull much when on full boost. It feels better now, maybe the ecu had to adjust to the new fuel or something. I might make vortex 98 my new fuel since bp ultimate seems to be non existent and you can get those 4c off per litre things with caltex.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 13 December 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We haven't had BP ultimate at work for weeks, Refinery issues apparently. As for Vortex98, it's a mythical, imaginary product that exists only in T.V. adverts.

I've never seen it for sale ANYWHERE, EVER. I checked Caltex's website and it's not for sale ANYWHERE within 150km of Melbourne. Pfft,,, Caltex . . . Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 13 December 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 11:31

We haven't had BP ultimate at work for weeks, Refinery issues apparently. As for Vortex98, it's a mythical, imaginary product that exists only in T.V. adverts.

I've never seen it for sale ANYWHERE, EVER. I checked Caltex's website and it's not for sale ANYWHERE within 150km of Melbourne. Pfft,,, Caltex . . . Laughing

I have been using it since there is no ultimate I know of three caltex servos within 10-15mins from my house with it Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 13 December 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't BELEIVE that BP is STILL out of Ultimate.

This has got to be seriously effecting their future sales.

I wonder if it's had an impact on their regular sales?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2005 01:25]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected? Tue, 13 December 2005 01:39 Go to previous message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 12:24

I don't BELEIVE that BP is STILL out of Ultimate.

This has got to be seriously effecting their future sales.

I wonder if it's had an impact on their regular sales?

its a new problem dude the other one was solved as I managed to get a tank of ultimate between the shortages. It shits me as the supra needs ultimate or Mobil and there is only one mobil within about 20mins of my house that I know of and it doesn't have synergy 8000.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lock up your Missus!
Next Topic:What tyres for SV21 camry?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:19:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084190368652344 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.