Toymods » Tech & Conversions » eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Sat, 05 November 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and before any 1 says just put some other 50mm on your motor the inlet has a 12liter big air box on and is set up to bolt to the throttles plus i have the trd inlet on it as well and is the right length as well so by the time i get some 1 to make up specials to fit the motor and airbox it would be around 1800 aussie ,already have been quoted on it ,hence my decission to go this way glenn
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Sun, 06 November 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also - beforfe anyone gets carried away with these "this pipe dia *flows* the same vol as that pipe" etc etc...

its WWAAYYY more complicated than that and comes down to peak port velocities and hamonic tuning, not equiv surface area
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Sun, 06 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For comparison on a large cammed 4A, the 1600 barely flows enough air to max out a 42mm throttle, let alone the 45mm throttles which are on it at the moment. Possibly when i put the new bearings and rods in and up the rev limit it might flow that bit more, but it woudlnt be near flowing what Glenns 3S needs.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Sun, 06 November 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 15:00

also - beforfe anyone gets carried away with these "this pipe dia *flows* the same vol as that pipe" etc etc...

its WWAAYYY more complicated than that and comes down to peak port velocities and hamonic tuning, not equiv surface area

sorry i was making a vague generalisation between small 4cyl high rpm... and dinosaur single carb V8..... as a basic starting point...

it is very complex.. if it wasn't, there would be a single formula way of doing it already Wink
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Sun, 06 November 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaRA45: while I agree with your theory theres no way a 7a block can reliably rev to 8000 revs, let alone before you offset the crank, they just break. However I understand you were trying to illistrate a point more than anythign else. So do you have any more pics or information on your engine right now?
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Mon, 07 November 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam they run these engines in the NSW clubman series and the rev limit is 8000 rpm and most of them use 7a cranks etc they have no probs ,just maybe your motors that have 7a cranks break ,its that a lot of work is put into the crank ,stress relieve it offset grind rebalance it nitride it as well and maybe the same as my 3s crank take 2.5 kilos off it as well
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Mon, 07 November 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you have a point, I also didn't consider that the people who have been breaking the cranks would of most likely been using standard bottom ends, I am sure some super light forged pistons and rods would massively reduce the inertia stress loading (is that what kills cranks?)
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: eoi casting up new 20v throttles [pics are up ] Sat, 12 November 2005 23:16 Go to previous message
ok update just picked up the throttle springs ,know just waiting for the machine guy to start pressing the linkages and the other guy to start making shafts and butterflies ,and the casting guy is making another 5 sets of quads then to the heat treaters and hopefully last thing will be the plastic spacer that goes near the throttle spring
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:speed sensor/ speed limiter disabled/ disconnected
Next Topic:rwd 4age aircon compressor the same as fwd 4age?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:29:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049450397491455 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.