Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 11:46 Go to next message
Personally Rex has had about enough and what he sees on a daily basis and it scares him...

- One day to debate the most important labour legislation in Australias recent history
-Pushing anti-terror bills on Melbourne cup day
-Exempting the CIA from torture ban
-Bombing a weaker soverign nation under weak and deliberately misleading 'intelligence'
-A free sceptical media crippled
-Representatives who avoid the questions and pass the buck.
-Shameless tabloids and trash merchants
-Lobby groups

And on and on and on the never ending list goes......

Does anyone else wonder how far it can go, or how it will end when the world is controlled by the elite few, and the rest of you are just kept in the dark cheering for the next Australian idol and eating some cheap steroid ladened battery chicken burger. When your kids grow up with no parents because they are forced to work to pay for the inflated cost of living.

How far can it go?
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what about the farmers? Its disgusting that these hard working Aussies have been pushed aside by the penny hugging retailers because its cheaper to by infested fruit and vegies from some mumdo habib nuclear cabbage patch outside of Australia!! Now breath
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato is as disillusioned as rex

first this government sabotaged the republic vote next it was gst then it was children overboard then it was ir now terrorism like theyre reds under the bed now bird flu brought here by fishing boats what birds dont fly fuckwits

enough

time for a change
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

But the world is controlled by an elite few. And their objective is to create a world government. This includes other countries and their governments and peoples, the media, large corporations. Me, us, everyone and Rex are but pawns in their game. Smile

Welcome to the world of the Bilderberg Group.....

http://www.bilderberg.org/

http://www.crystalinks.com/bilderberg.html

http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/bilderberg.ht m

Get Rex to check out the above few links.

seeyuzz
river

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 22:02

first this government sabotaged the republic vote next it was gst then it was children overboard then it was ir now terrorism like theyre reds under the bed now bird flu brought here by fishing boats what birds dont fly fuckwits

enough

time for a change

This terrorism rubbish is because of the whole children overboard thing. Cant you see? The overboard children were rescued and givin citizenship, and now they have started their own mumdo habib cult and taking us hostage. The thanks we get Rolling Eyes
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me reads 1983 and then realises what John Howard is introducing is more unjust. Laughing
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 12:08

gianttomato wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 22:02

enough

time for a change

This terrorism rubbish is because of the whole children overboard thing. Cant you see? The overboard children were rescued and givin citizenship, and now they have started their own mumdo habib cult and taking us hostage. The thanks we get Rolling Eyes

Are you sure they got citizenship? I think it's more likely they got shipped of to the middle of nowhere and locked in a cell. The 'children overboard' thing was made up by the Liberals as an election stunt, no refugee threw their kids off the boat to get into Aus.

Bathurst 91, I presume you're referring to Orwell's '1984', unless there is a lesser known prequel?

I'm with you on this one Rex, 10 years of political embarrasment and public apathy was enough for me, the last election was the final straw. So I went overseas (what a copout Sad )

Of course, we shouldn't be talking about this here..

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2005 17:13]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yar, i just read the Mars series (red green blue)...

it's scary...

it's so scary, i don't even know what to type.....

when my 2 years is up here, i'll have to give it serious thought as to which country i really do want to live in Sad

spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a worry, I'm not saying it's great in Europe, but at least a few more people seem to give a shit..
What's Japan like Oldorollas? Might be heading over next year to see some mates in Tokyo
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spirokeet wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 04:20

It's a worry, I'm not saying it's great in Europe, but at least a few more people seem to give a shit..
What's Japan like Oldorollas? Might be heading over next year to see some mates in Tokyo

to be honest, it's kinda hard to tell Wink

but it appears to be a heck of a lot safer than OZ on a daily basis... i'm sure there are exceptions, but in general, anyone is safe to walk around at any time of night (and subway etc)...

stuf just seems to work here, but i guess they have been refining things for quite some time... given their history and pride, compared to new countries like the US and Australia, who are still working out what is going on Wink

hmmm.. it seems that in general, people prefer to work together to get things done (hence the misconception that many japanes are required to make a decisions.. it's because they want to decide together, and you get better, if slower, results) and as a rsult the systems work...

ie, my house rocks... everything does what it should.. trains are always within about 30 seconds of the timetable, and open at the same spot on the platform, give or take half a metre either way......

as for politics, there are reformists and those more conventional, but it is difficult for me to tell the nuances of how it actually works...

yar, japan rocks... not jst the flashy lights... people still care about each other here, and care about a "common good".. and it's good to be able to go anywhere drunkenly and not have to worry about some fuckwit causing trouble Wink

lemme know when you are coming over Very Happy
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 17:42

lemme know when you are coming over Very Happy

Might have to do that!
Met my Japanese mates at my friend Nobuhiro's wedding then showed them around Melbourne and the surrounding coast, so in return they offered to show me 'round Tokyo. Too good an offer to refuse!

London seems to be the opposite of how you describe Tokyo- you have to watch your back, it's dirty (hardly any recycling), nothing runs smoothly and everyone at work seems to want to do as little as possible and blame everyone else for it.

Still a pretty awesome place though Smile
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex_Kelway wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 22:46

the world is controlled by the elite few, and the rest of you are just kept in the dark cheering for the next Australian idol and eating some cheap steroid ladened battery chicken burger.

thats exactly what its like now.
sux dont it.

200 years from now kids will b learning history at school and will have to know how the greatest busniess men took over the whole world, and had enough money to make entire countries scared of them.

the future im hoping for is one with a VERY limited supply of energy. this will cause a break down of governments everywhere(due to them not having the resourses to control a vast land) and we might see a return to the times of villages.
in the usa b4 cars where invented, all the towns where spaced equaly apart(nearly). this was because you could ride your hourse and carriage to the next village, do some trading and come back in 1 day.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: How far... Wed, 09 November 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Dirty Ibis also shares these concerns and wonders where it is exactly that we are heading. Nothing seems to be working for the citizens of this 'fine' country - it all appears to be angled more towards doing our Government's part for some strange and secretive agenda.

I wonder how much money it would take to create a half decent public transport system that people would actually want to use - the 10km trip to work is getting longer and longer everyday because there are just so many fucking cars on the road.
Then I wonder how much Honest John is forking out to have our troops deployed etc etc...

For some reason I can't get the colour red out of my vision for this country's future either. Confused
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How far... Thu, 10 November 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my point of view there are a lot of things I would like to change about his country, most of which have been mentioned above, but there are a lot of things I wouldnt change for the world.

Considering this country is made up so such an ethnically diverse culture its doing quite well. Legislation has to be written to cater for everyone fairly and its definitely not an easy task. This doesnt explain away many of this country's faults, but it puts our country in a different light.

Things I would change are:

-Pollies who are interested in the short term (i.e. their term in office) who sell off our resources/aussie owned companies to the highest bidder.
-A police service that has almost no power to protect, only to punish
-the ratio of import to export so that we are more independent and our dollar returns to what it was like in the 60's (the most powerful currency in the world)
-An education system that teaches more 'real world' skills and can be customised to focus on any key area a student wants to pursue (no class teaches you how to run a household, to be smart with your money, or plan for the future)
-A government that stop trading off our natural resources i.e. reserves, national parks in search of the almighty dollar from land developers
-as Australia is reaching is population limit we need to maintain our population around 20 million. The reason for this is that settlers built on the only arrible land this country has to offer. So we can only support a certain number of people, and considering the state of water restrictions only proves the point. We live on the driest continent on earth, and although we are changing the way we handle water consumption it proves we are reaching the limit of people we can comfortably have living here.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How far... Thu, 10 November 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when can i vote for you guys????
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How far... Thu, 10 November 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does it take to have your own gov party?, if 4x4 drivers can do it, we cam make a toyota owners party and rule australia Very Happy .

Now we need a few law changes, i will mention a few, you can add on:

- 101a All nissans, kias and hyundais to be banned from australian roads and torched
- 101b Anyone found with neons on there car will be shot no questions asked
- 101c All road rules dont apply to toyota motor vehicles, you must act like they are an emergency vehicle and have to move out of the way Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2005 13:23]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How far... Thu, 10 November 2005 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The Toyota Party sounds good, but I want to be part of the left wing, where we love RWD and always in-fight with the FWD-loving right wing.

seeyuzz
river
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How far... Thu, 10 November 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 00:04

What does it take to have your own gov party?, if 4x4 drivers can do it, we cam make a toyota owners party and rule australia Very Happy .

- 101a All nissans, kias and hyundais to be banned from australian roads and torched
- 101c All road rules dont apply to toyota motor vehicles, you must act like they are an emergency vehicle and have to move out of the way Evil or Very Mad

right.... just lost my vote.... Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: How far... Thu, 10 November 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 08:35

Hi,

The Toyota Party sounds good, but I want to be part of the left wing, where we love RWD and always in-fight with the FWD-loving right wing.

seeyuzz
river

mmm.... but i like this... but my problem is i have all forms of travel.... fwd, rwd and 4wd ARGH
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it all seems a bit hopeless doesn't it? There's gotta be something we can do about it though! Appart from just move overseas.

Considering how highly we're taxed (one of the highest in the world as far as I understand) our services are being erroded pretty badly.
It would be very hard and expensive to get the public transport back into govornment hands, but I think it's something we need to do. Along with making university free again, and making out Health system better.

One massive problem the govornment faces with public transport though is the sheer space our country has (yes, this is a problem). Because of the 'urban sprawl' our land is all very spaced out. Australians tend to live in large 1 story houses on even large plots of land, rather than highrises or multi-level housing. This means there's a lot of space between one person and the next. That makes it hard for public transport to work effectivly.

It'd be nice if we had some kind of ride to work insentive, as well as safe lockups at train stations for bikes, security cameras and police patrols at train stations. It'd also be nice if our bus and train service was better.

Anyway, agian, this isn't the place to discuss this. Perhaps there is a political website out there somewhere? I might be able to set up a forum on some free web hosting overseas (to completly avoid any liability) for us to discuss this kidna stuff without getting toymods in trouble. Would people be interested in that?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Perhaps there is a political website out there somewhere?

Shraka has me on ignore due to his dislike of my comic wit and gorgeous good looks so can someone quote this post so he sees the link.

http://polanimal.it.net.au/index.php

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 04:41]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

seeyuzz
river

LOL Laughing Laughing
fuck ur a funny bugga

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 04:29]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 00:04

im not gonna vote for that shit.
firstly nissans should be able to take priority over all current toyotas, at least they still sell quick cars(what happed to the relationship between toyota and turbos/supercharges?)
secondly i dont wanna see all these shit drivers in their camrys tring to over take(im sure not everyone in a camry is a shit driver, just 95% are).

i do quite like your policy on rice tho.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 13:00

Quote:

Perhaps there is a political website out there somewhere?

Shraka has me on ignore due to his dislike of my comic wit and gorgeous good looks so can someone quote this post so he sees the link.

http://polanimal.it.net.au/index.php

Thanks.

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 23:02

Hi,

But the world is controlled by an elite few. And their objective is to create a world government. This includes other countries and their governments and peoples, the media, large corporations. Me, us, everyone and Rex are but pawns in their game. Smile

Welcome to the world of the Bilderberg Group.....

http://www.bilderberg.org/

http://www.crystalinks.com/bilderberg.html

http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/bilderberg.ht m

Get Rex to check out the above few links.

seeyuzz
river

i think thay are called the patriots Shane
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

puzzle man wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 17:48

i think thay are called the patriots Shane

Whatever they're called, I think they're a bunch of power-hungry elitist chaps.

I think UFOs and aliens are involved here somehwere also. But then again, I think they're involved in just about everything. Smile

seeyuzz
river
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, is it true that since gaining control of the senate that the Lib party is trying to put through laws by which artists, musicians an journalists can be locked up (for 5 years I heard) if the govt deems what they say to be contrary to policy?
I presume that what's said would have to be pretty extreme..
Or does it just have to go against Jonny's perceptions of 'mateship'. I'd hate to be locked up for being too 'unaustralian', whatever that is..
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How far... Fri, 11 November 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone vote for the 4WD'ing party so that all 4X4 tracks stay open to all motorbikes and 4WD's. life would be boring without big mud puddles and hill climbs Sad

Razz
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: How far... Sun, 13 November 2005 00:21 Go to previous message
Quote:

Considering this country is made up so such an ethnically diverse culture its doing quite well. Legislation has to be written to cater for everyone fairly and its definitely not an easy task.

But why should we try to accommodate everyones needs to the extremes that they do. I mean I can walk down a street and not see a sign in english, a conversation in english and get snubbed when trying to order (admittedly some pretty good) food in some areas. Assimilation is not moving into an area. It's integrating with the culture. I'm not saying that everyone should be walking around in stubbies and thongs/ugg boots. But go overseas and see how long you last without knowing the local language at least.

Quote:

Hi,

seeyuzz
river

mmm.... but i like this... but my problem is i have all forms of travel.... fwd, rwd and 4wd

This makes you a greenie.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Domain name hosting?
Next Topic:Famous People / Celebrities / Stars etc..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:44:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076711177825928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.