Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
scottie75
Newcomer

August 2002
icon4.gif  FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 02:05 Go to next message
Ta22 Celica 1971
Belonged the president of the SA Celica car club
In miles per hr
SA rego. (has expired however very easy to get renewed) currently the car is in Sydney
Ex. rally car
18rg/2tG twin cam with a 3t crankshaft stuck into it High compression pistons, 5 speed manual, twin solex carbs,
Stiffened suspension, lightened and balanced flywheel, Genie extractors and 2in exhaust system (very loud!! Annoyed many neighbors in my time)
New ignition coil and HT/LT lead (about 2-3weeks old) however spare set of TRD HT/LT leads, battery purchased in January, new intake/exhaust valves in January, Original GT honeycomb grille
Kidney shaped alloy rims
New plugs, points, battery leads, etc.
Chassis has been undersealed to prevent any rust attacking it (a very messy job, I can see the benefits now, but at the time!!!)
The diff is approx. 5 years old, but has only done about 1500 miles due to I stopped using the car at this point.
Maintenance manual (Haynes) engine manual (Toyota)
A few other little things like 2 fuel lines, sports steering wheel, kill switch

I bought the car about 10 years ago in bits as my first car then spent approx. 10 months putting it back together I then drove it for 4-5 years between other cars that I owned but for the past 5 years it has been sitting in the shed whilst I was Overseas however I decided to rebuilt the engine over X/mas and get it back on the road.

The problems with it are the carbs need tuned or maybe overhauled, it runs okay at higher speed, one of the carbs is running too rich the other too lean. This also makes for hard starting on occasions. The driver’s side window winder needs replaced due to the spline has worn out. The interior is very basic due to the cars original purpose the rear seat is in excellent cond. However the driver’s seat has a few rips in it, there is no roof lining, which I actually quite like. (The interior lights are built in to the rearview mirror, which also has a backlit LCD fluxgate compass built into it. A very cool accessory acquired from my dads company that designs car parts. It was to go into the US version of one of the Lexus, but was too expensive to mass-produce so I got one of the prototypes.)
As most cars that are 30 years old there is a bit of rust in it this has been body filled and rust proofed and at the moment it has not yet been re-sprayed as I was intending to get it welded, it is mainly isolated to the sills under the doors, however there is a small bit on the door skins and a small bit under the fuel cap.

I need to sell the car urgently due to I have to move interstate within the next few days, and would prefer the car go to a good home than having to wreck it. I am open to any offers. You can call me on 0405396043 or email me at huntersc75@yahoo.com

Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
selling complete i guess ??

id be curious of the front GT grill if your parting it out ??

where are you moving to ? Ill be in adelaide this weekend for a bit of a looksee- checking out a few things with a friend who lives there

scottie75
Newcomer

August 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guess right, I would prefer to sell the car complete, as is. But if there is any changes in this plan I will let you know Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lemme know if u wanna part it out too pls
ta

Smiley = Grin
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cools - if it comes to parting her out - Ill be interested in the grill Smile

Im over in Vic Atm - coming to see a friend in adelaide this coming weekend - so keep me posted
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol... and in come the vultures Razz Laughing Wink
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*squark ! *

hey i only want the grill ! its going on another 71 so a 71 GT grill would be goods ! Smile

ill tell my friend in adel about the car too - hes into rallying ..

What price are we looking at for the car ?
scottie75
Newcomer

August 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am really open to offers, due to I have to sell it in the next couple of days or I will proberbly have to wreck it and that would piss me off, so I am really looking for offers, but I would be flexible on the price, just the best offer I get. So make me a price "everything must go!!!" Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some pics might help ppl give u price Smiley =
scottie75
Newcomer

August 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good idea!

Current pics can be seen at:

http://www.fast.net.au/shunter/celica.html

Hope this helps out - offers appreciated!

Cheers,
Scottie
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey if u end up parting out

I got Dibs on the wheels mate !!
ta

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Wed, 28 August 2002 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got dibs on the rear light lenses and that rear view mirror Very Happy
I may be interested in the bumpers too!

Where are you moving to?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Thu, 29 August 2002 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*squark*

GT Tacho , GT grill , GT bonnet vents here !!
( and GT oil/amps guage too if its still in it )

Hate to see it parted but ill take those bits

my bank account will hate me - BUT i lay claim to em *IF* and only *IF* its parted
alakasam
Regular

August 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Thu, 29 August 2002 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What price are you looking at for the car as a whole?
Sammeh
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Thu, 29 August 2002 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's good about the wheels? buying a celica in a fortnight or so with same wheels..
Sam
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Sun, 01 September 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah so how much for the whole car???

make an offer and we will see how we go...
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Mon, 02 September 2002 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLD!! Very Happy
corolla_craigie
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Sat, 12 November 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and the old man have a budget of $5000 i dont know if you will exept this but if u know of any 1 selling rally cars in or can be shiped 2 W.A that would be great, sound like a good car tho:>
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Sat, 12 November 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wed, 28 August 2002

Look at the date of the 1st post dude.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: FS TA22 !!!URGENT!!! Sun, 13 November 2005 10:28 Go to previous message
simon u r now the official date of post police guy...thats about the 3rd one of urs ive read in the last few days
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ebay
Next Topic:WTB: Ke20/25 !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:32:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006328821182251 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.