Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the for sale section on this forum I have put up the following for sale..... might interest someone here.

ST205 Rotors for sale

Front rotors already machined from 315mm to 300mm and have had the face machined also. Ready for ST165 or ST185 brake conversion. Can include 4mm spacers so discs are centered when used with 205 calipers.

Open to offers $200 and over.
  Send a private message to this user    
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so these would directly onto st165 without ANY hastles? if so how would they really improve ur stopping power without the 205 calipers?
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can tell by your questions that they are not for you.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jarrod, how much have u sunk into the car so far and how much are you planning to?

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well just looking at all my options kyoto, i just have lots of trouble finding information on things so far.

id really love to do what u have done kyoto, but st205 halfcuts are extinct man, u cant find them.

really just trying to do as much research as i can before i start the engine mods. im looking into everything, but am sorta realising that there really isnt much to be had out of the gen1 3sgte so am tossing up what to do in the future.

ive got the full whiteline kit ordered, and it seems like a waste to leave the engine stock as it is far from fast car in my opinion. bit more power and it would be the perfect car for me.

puffy: fair call, but u can eat my ass with a spoon. last time i ask u a question.

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
St165# 403 for sale:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=2612061&current_re c=1&total_rec=3&sort_type=1&keyword=GT 4&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

Very Happy
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 15:58

puffy: fair call, but u can eat my ass with a spoon. last time i ask u a question.

I dont eat dumb-asses. Try not to be so quick with the insults and people may take the time to help you even if you are too lazy to find the answers yourself.
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

Hit me,

Whats the chances of sourcing a group a front bar?

cheers

Andrew
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 13:19

I can tell by your questions that they are not for you.

well yeah, that was a really helpfull answer. thanks. everything is explained. thank u for takeing the time to help me.

end of fight with puffy.
thanks to those who do take the time to explain things to the inexperienced.

moveing on....
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 00:58

Hey all,

Hit me,

Whats the chances of sourcing a group a front bar?

cheers

Andrew

Not that I've been in the market for one before, but I wouldnt imagine it to be too difficult if you have the cash.

Does anyone know if you can order these directly from Toyota Australia?

I know you can order them from Fensport UK
http://www.fensport.co.uk/partsfiles/st185body.htm
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get all the genuine toyota parts from toyota australia but you could get a full Group A frontcut for the price you'll pay for the front bar and bonnet from Toyota.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 11:09

You can get all the genuine toyota parts from toyota australia but you could get a full Group A frontcut for the price you'll pay for the front bar and bonnet from Toyota.

I'd second that, they arn't cheap unfortionately. Go around to all the importers. Some importers don't even know what a GroupA engine is. So sometimes you can pick them up at bargain prices.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blackGT4 - sorry about the delay in replying - ive been in and out of hospital for the last few weeks - only got out again today - FCD will come to you as soon as i can afford to get the gt4 down to melb again to have it removed and retuned - which probably wont be before xmas - sorry if you can wait a little longer its yours , just please be patient - im in a hell of a lot of medical fun atrm , got to sort this shit out first before i can get stuck into the GT4 again

Re group A bars - they are avaialable - ex japan but unless you have the support bars , and related stuff , to do the full swap like i did - buting 80% new parts 20 % recycled or remade - the bar WILL cost you in excess of a grand to put on the car

You can do it cheaper but it doesnt look right nor do you get the full benifits of the weight saving

carasanctra - a friendly word - puffy IS right - you need to think a little before just whacking out a question mate - we all help where we can but yeah - 90% of the stuff youve asked can be found on here with a simple search - as its been covered before..

sometimes experience has to be learned alone , rather then geaned from those who might know - you usually learn a hell of a lot more this way , too

As for your what to do - exhaust + dump pipe .. that will give you your biggest initial gain - as covered , also , many times before in here.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a problem stu... i'll get my boost controller installed probably in the next couple of weeks. and we'll see how things go after that..
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THanks for the replys people,

Maybe I will just go the way umpman did and fit a water to air cooler and leave my original front bar on as its not that bad looking. With the comment about most power out of an exaust and dump I didn't really feel much of a gain was expecting alot more was a bit phased on this actually. I didn't go aussie like most of you have but I can't see an exaust being made up from scratch being much different to one from aussie and the one I have is a bloody good job. But yeah wondering how to get some extra ponies maybe once I get a pod filter installed or a k&n panel filter that will open it up a bit more I'm hoping.

Cheers
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 11 November 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my w2a setup wasnt cheap.
about $1200 for parts and then plus installation.
having said that if i was to do it again i'd still go the w2a setup over the front mount.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 11 November 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest - wothout the group a bar - youd be better off using a small air to air setup mate upfront , similar to what was on wyldies car , or on DAVgt4's on ozcelica

the heat exhchanger is like a radiator - or a large frontmount - the more air it gets the more efficient it is - and the standard bar is renouned for having less than ideal airflow

there are ptions to look at - like modifying the mouth of the bumper you have , tryiing to enlarge the mouth up more and maybe removing material from the heavy reo bar behind it , then custom fabrcating the stock bumper to look more inline to what it did

if i was good at photoshop i could show you an example but alas im not ..

maybe if the champs here that helped me make project yellow mongrel example , could maybe take a pic and have a crack at a few ideas that might work out cheaper OR

if your lucky - speak to lance - he may have one of the more hard to get parts you need to swap to group a that will save you a few hundred dollars - ie the group a major Reo bar

the only thing with W to A is youd probably have to look at the group A bonnet as well to clear it

with air to air you can keep the bonnet you have - just needs a little blanking off to direct airflow elsewhere..

BLKgt4 might be able to shed some light on this a little better having just done the swap

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 11 November 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh as for the pod thing too - youll get abit better flow and power response - thats for sure with a performance filter of a reputable brand ( ie unifilter, K and N - B and M etc - but yeah - you need to maybe look at removing restrictions before the turbo as well - like once again , lances and a few others ideas odf a straighht intake mod - which means relocating the battery elsewhere in the engine - or in the boot.

Exhaust first , intercooling next , management 3rd ( including elec boost controllers and or FCD but standalone like a wolf , haltech , autronic etc prevferred ) ..

I found an FCD plus better exhaust and a smarmy pants elec boost controller couldnt manage more than about 120 - 125 KW atw tops

soon as the standalone ecu went on + tuned , and the larger frontmount ( plus obvious engine upgrade ) i net 170 ATW with ease - i find now that the fuelling systems at its limits for stock injectors pump + regulator

these are the best 3 steps i can suggest for making more power - before going nutes with rebuilds - better turbos , higher fuel delivery etc

Should i post this ALL in bold to its easier to find for those seeking initial powerups ????
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 11 November 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never tried the standard st185 bonnet on my gen3 intercooler setup, but i can say the groupA bonnet clears it, but definatly not by much. actually i dont like your chances with the standard bonnet but maybe able to barely squeeze it in. i'd imagine it would at least be touching the bonnet.

i installed a hks blow off valve on my car today. pretty bodgy job. but all secure..
i'm waiting to get rego for my new ae80 that i bought. then i can start having fun with fixing shit up in the engine bay. vac. lines, battery relocations and what not.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a feeling that might have been the case re standard group A bonnet .. but was not 100 % sure ..

with the dollars involved - unless you found second hand stuff ( ( ie the core ) a small frontmount might be a better option

I can help you with a piping design to run 2 inch all of the way - as youd also need a 2.5 inch group A adaptor on the throttle body , or a reducer pipe if you were to use the W to A off a 185 - or larger again like they adapted on blackgt4's

i have a jig here that runs 2 inch to the core and 2.5 out of the core that i can show you to replcate , or make for you for a small price of suplies + postage that will clear everything guaranteed ..

all youd need to do then is make it out of metal and or silicon bends like i have - and youd be set for a small frontmount

other beauties of a frontmount as you can set the BOV and plumb back systems exactly where you want them - add in water injection nozzles where you like , and air temp sensors that are needed for aftermarket ecu's - without having to ruin any of the premoulded piping off the rare W to A cores. You can also set up small water sprays for a semi instant heatsoak fix , if you are in traffic , and or drag racing at the track
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

have a small problem my cousin just bought a Gt4 a week ago and now we have found out tonight that the radiator fan is not cutting in when the car is at halfway and the radiator overflow starts going nuts, steaming etc and temp is just above halfway so we turn it off. where are the relays located for the fan? we found 2 relays on the drivers side of the car with ac1 and ac2 on them are they for air cooling? or air conditioning if these are the wrong ones where are the right ones as we need to get the car to queensland transport by monday.

Cheers

Andrew
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the fans not working - unplug the plug at the bottom of the radiator - this will make the radiator fan run all the time while the igniution is on , and at least help you limp the car for repairs

i have the same issue of it not cutting in on mine - a broken wore i think - ir a popped resister - just havent had a chance to find it as yet
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To those of you who got their car resprayed, how much did it cost?

I'm currently looking at getting the body fixed up, after i buy my wheels.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people are gona tell ya that it varies depending on type of paint, and mainly how good the job u want them to do. i hear decent sprays can be done for 2k, and wicked ones for 4-5.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 19:54

Hey all,

have a small problem my cousin just bought a Gt4 a week ago and now we have found out tonight that the radiator fan is not cutting in when the car is at halfway and the radiator overflow starts going nuts, steaming etc and temp is just above halfway so we turn it off. where are the relays located for the fan? we found 2 relays on the drivers side of the car with ac1 and ac2 on them are they for air cooling? or air conditioning if these are the wrong ones where are the right ones as we need to get the car to queensland transport by monday.

Cheers

Andrew

dude check the fan itself, when my old dodgy ass mechanic fried my altinator it in turn killed my fan alltogether, it had to visit an auto elec for a rebuild, seeing as how 165 fans from toyota cost $700+ just for the motor, and sx or 185 fans wont fit...the sx's just barely fit but they sit a little high on the radiator and u gotta take hammer to fan surrounding so it clears the turbo

good luck man, cheers
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 13 November 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah just pull the plug off the temp switch at the bottom of the radiator and see if the fan stays on.

Also you can make the air con fans stay on by removing the plug from the pressure switch up near the pass side strut tower.

I believe the relays for the main fans are the ones just above the air con compressor.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 13 November 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 22:55

I am looking at taking mine to the local tafe. I am going to get in contact with them tommorow, and find out what it cost and time it will take. I have heard there is a waiting list and you only pay for the cost of materials. It can only be as bad a job as a dodgy panelbeater could do and they would charge about $2000, so I dont think I'll be out of pocket to bad, if worst comes to worst i'll get it sprayed again. I'll let you know how it goes.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 13 November 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esk34 wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 19:46

-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 22:55

I am looking at taking mine to the local tafe. I am going to get in contact with them tommorow, and find out what it cost and time it will take. I have heard there is a waiting list and you only pay for the cost of materials. It can only be as bad a job as a dodgy panelbeater could do and they would charge about $2000, so I dont think I'll be out of pocket to bad, if worst comes to worst i'll get it sprayed again. I'll let you know how it goes.

I remember someone else telling me to do this. Most times it is a job well done.

Keep us posted, i'd be interested on how it all pans out.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 13 November 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A teacher at my old high school had his Mustang sprayed by a local tafe, and it looked pretty nice, even though I really didn't know much about cars back then. I do remember he said that the tafe's were usually good, as they made them re-do things if they fucked them up, so you would end up with a good job in the end.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 13 November 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wherever you go to get your car sprayed ask to see some of their work before giving them the job.

I can't see anyone doing a good 2 pack spray job for $2k by the way... everyone I've spoken to has said 5k+

Make sure whoever does it has a proper (clean) HVLP spraybooth and gun and make sure they use a decent brand of paint (e.g. Glasurit, Sikkens etc.)
Sikkens is what Toyota use apparently... or at least its the brand they recommend.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 14 November 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, i hear ya's.

The paint on my car has gone to shit, typical red oxidisation. And panel damage, i thought it's a good time then ever to get it resprayed while i'm off the road.

I'm thinking Euro Red.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 14 November 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The deep burgundy that you see on some ST184's would look good too!
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 14 November 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What side of the radiator is this plug on, cause its dam tight in there and pretty hard to see whats going on, will try the plugs tomorrow but I we think the fan motor has gone.

Cheers for the help

got it registered today, though just drove it there with the aircon on to keep the radiator cool to some degree, didn't over heat.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 14 November 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its near the bottom of the radiator.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 14 November 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Mon, 14 November 2005 20:57

What side of the radiator is this plug on,

lower alternator side....

"o" represents radiator hoses
"x" represents sensor plug

--o--------
=======
=======
-------x-o-

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 12:41]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get my wheels back today Smile
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where have they been?

This thread is getting really cold Rolling Eyes
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm getting some GrpARallye shirts made, and i was wondering who else would be interested....approximately 35-40$ each for an embroided/stitched logo on a polo shirt.

graphix would be one of the following over the right breast
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1530/cap23ng.th.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/76/shirts9rs.th.jpg

(even better if someone wants to photochop the E for me so its perfect)

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2005 05:43]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the idea Beej. I think the second logo looks the best.

What colour were you thinking?

Some other things worth considering:
- 'Celica' on the other breast or on the sleeve;
- Toyota logo somewhere (maybe the top centre of the back?)

If you do end up getting them, you can count me in Wink
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool! I'd be in for one.
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

soon as the standalone ecu went on + tuned , and the larger frontmount ( plus obvious engine upgrade ) i net 170 ATW with ease - i find now that the fuelling systems at its limits for stock injectors pump + regulator

sorry to backtrack but i cant remember you mentioning what boost you were running your turbo at and whether it was hiflowed or not

just interested to find out as ive yet to have mine dynod to get an exact figure
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
running 15PSI - stock ct26 ( group a spec - ie not ceramic wheel - steel wheel )

not highflowed - but i do run a 3 inch Dump pipe off it
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Until we move to the new forum officially ill still ask here.

Has anyone replaced the rear diff mount on a 185?

I seem to get a clunk in the rear coming on and off power. Is there an easy way to determine if its the mount and not backlash in the diff?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beej was looking into some alloy mounts i believe - cant help you much on this one im afraid - havent encountered it wiyh mine , yet
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 19:32

Hey guys,

I seem to get a clunk in the rear coming on and off power. Is there an easy way to determine if its the mount and not backlash in the diff?

i was getting sounds of all sorts from the rear of my car too.
i've recently installed a whiteline works kit and now they all seem gone.

but yeh dunno about the diff mounts sorry.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How are you finding the Whiteline kit? Worth the $$$?
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beej: Black shirt with silver writing/yellow A would look good. Maybe you could get the toyota symbol on the back up the top, and TOYOTA (in the original font) or the toyota symbol on the sleeves.

I would get one if it was like that Smile
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 20:11

How are you finding the Whiteline kit? Worth the $$$?

couldnt be happier.
the first day i got it i was a bit worried to be honest.. but now i think everythings settled in and it just feels awesome.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
told ya
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 19:32

Hey guys,

Look under the rear of the car, the diff mount is fairly easy to see. It is in the centre and (should) have a rubber surround, if the rubber is gone then it would be the diff mount

I also had a noise like this, turned out to be the muffler moving a bit and hitting the heat sheild, maybe check all the muffler mounts are still attached??

Regards Nathan
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 19:02

Hey guys,

Classique71 wrote on Tue, 29 November 2005 19:12

beej was looking into some alloy mounts i believe - cant help you much on this one im afraid - havent encountered it wiyh mine , yet

a guy named mario konig from GT4OC made billet aluminiun solid rear diff mounts including 4 polyutherane cradle mounts to replace the stock gear. i purchased all of that shipped for 330$ from the UK......toyota are asking i think it was 340 for just the shitty rubber diff mount.

if u like i can get u in contact with him
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 29 November 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MattyP + Tooch: all this is stitching, so that may blow out the price, how much i dont know i can find out.....the real expense is in entering the original design into the stitch machine.....50$ or so. (should be cheap for just the word "TOYOTA"). i rekon TOYOTA stitched on the sleeves and perhaps the logo (which they already hav on file) stitched on the oposite breast and the back of the colar visible wen folded down? unless ur talking about a large print on the back which i'll haf to research more into.

something else to think of was incorporating "GT-Four" which someone on alltrac.net expressed interest in

as per colours.....black or white is easy and available....also stylish

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2005 13:02]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 30 November 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Beej - black or white would both be good.

If you are going to incorporate TOYOTA it really needs to be in the correct font, otherwise it would look silly. I was thinking that the Toyota symbol should be about 5cm wide in the middle of the back, just below the collar.

If they're able to do childrens' sizes I'll get one for my boy as well Very Happy

What would look really good (but probably cost a heap) is to have Grp A Rallye on one breast, GT-FOUR on the other, TOYOTA on the end of the sleeve and Toyota symbol on the back.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 30 November 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 15:57

I did a quick photochop with this car:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/miscellaneous/classiquesug001.jpg

What do you reckon? Maybe a little less mustard? Very Happy

Rainey - do you know of any more details on this car ..

if you have a weblink or something id appreciate it - trying to find out what Alloy's are on it
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 01 December 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it incorperated GTFOUR in the correct font, id put myself down for one or 2, howbout also a hat to match with the toyota symbol on it then GTFOUR just underneath that?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 02 December 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was caught in the freakiest storm I have ever seen hit Canberra. Whilst in it, debris smashed right hand quarter glass. Does anyone have a spare for sale?
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 02 December 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was pretty wild.

I was under the car at the time - the rain was coming from all directions! Lucky I was in my carpeted garage Very Happy
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 02 December 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spinner i was caught in a crazy storm in newwy too...signs getting blown everywhere, massive big pot plants on the side of the road all getting blown down the road and stuff it was nuts
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, this Queensland sun hey. My dash has popped out up near the windscreen where the air vents are that run along the bottom of the windscreen. looks like shit now from the outside of the car. Need to try bend it back in place when it is really hot like now, cause when the car is cold inside you can't bend the dash Sad

looks shit

anyway else had this happen. It has happened to both gt4's at my house cause they sit in the sun all day

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
da_foles wrote on Sun, 04 December 2005 14:50

Man, this Queensland sun hey. My dash has popped out up near the windscreen where the air vents are that run along the bottom of the windscreen. looks like shit now from the outside of the car. Need to try bend it back in place when it is really hot like now, cause when the car is cold inside you can't bend the dash Sad

looks shit

anyway else had this happen. It has happened to both gt4's at my house cause they sit in the sun all day

Yeah has happened to mine slightly, and I think nearly every other GT4/ST18x around! Altho we don't get much sun here in melbourne so its not as bad Very Happy

On another note, I cut the under hood insulation away from around the bonnet vent, christ almighty my BOV is loud now! Bloody ridiculously loud! You can also see the amount of heat escaping off the turbo when you are stopped or going slowly.
Pages (23): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:19:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011942863464355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.