Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » RA28 LSD & Axle Question ???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
icon4.gif  RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Thu, 20 October 2005 22:20 Go to next message
Hi Cool

Hi I have recently acquired Snyper's Ra28 & want your advice on upgrading the ECU & LSD:-

1977 RA28
1GGTE Twin turbo six, GEN 3
Corona disc on the rear celica diff
Bleed valve fitted, high/low setting 9/15psi
Lowered king springs all round
KYB shocks
Rear sway bar added
Dyno - 165kw at the wheels

Iam looking to fit a LSD & an aftermarket ECU,I have a T-series Diff and have read about the Zenki/Cusco/Faaz LSD's. I can also get a F series with F313 LSD from a donor car (Ra28 GT...Checked the vin tag)

Q) Will the Corona Disc mount on the F series?
Q) Is the F series a bolt on replacement?
Q) F313 LSD is 1way? 1.5way? 2way?
Q) What would the offset change by +? -? I have some ET6 wheels in mind Very Happy
Q) Should I stick with T series LSD? If so which one? And where is the best place to buy?

I will be selling of parts I dont need from my stock pile & raising the funds.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 October 2005 13:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Thu, 20 October 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The T series diff will have a limited lifespan behind a 1G. Sure it might last a year or two IF you're gentle, but the F series will last forever. If it was me I'd upgrade to the F series diff in a heartbeat.

Can't answer your other questions sorry.
SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Fri, 21 October 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks,

All other options/opinions from the Forum welcomed....To be honest NEEDED Wink Wink So I make a Informed decision.

(Toymods rules Cool )
SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Fri, 21 October 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP!
SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Fri, 21 October 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMPTY.........BUMP.......BUMP.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Please I require your guidance!!
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sat, 22 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leave the T behind.

Nothing but F and up is going to be reliable and useable.

T isnt rated to handle them sorta duties that a 1G will put on it.

Basically....Replace T centres reguarly

Or bigger initial cost but now future replacements.
(unless you do like a twin t88 4.0 V8?! Very Happy )
SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sat, 22 October 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How easy is the T to F conversion? is it bolt on bolt off conversion? will the Corona disk brake convert over?
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sat, 22 October 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cut trailing arm brackets of youe T diff.
cut brackets off F
weld T brackets to Fdiff in apropriate spots to fit.

not sure on trans axle fitment. may be a bolt in item the right length from another car or just get yours shortened / lengthened to suit.... provided yours doesnt fit...if it does sweet.

Thats about it roughly. Then i guess you'd have to look at brake bias etc dependant on the brakes your using. So possible Master Cylinder upgrade dependant on what Snyper had in it.

Hope this helps...note this is roughly not exactly.

Cheers

Nathan
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sat, 22 October 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah F is the way to go.. I distroyed a few T series with my 3T-GTE.

Haven't closely read this post.. But I just cut off all the mounts on the F series MKII (MX23 corona) diff.. Made new brackets using the Jig that Anthony - Gold28 made up.

I then put a torsen LSD centre in it.

Using standard RA28 drum brakes.

Love it!

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sat, 22 October 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCarLover wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 08:20

Iam looking to fit a LSD & an aftermarket ECU,I have a T-series Diff and have read about the Zenki/Cusco/Faaz LSD's. I can also get a F series with F313 LSD from a donor car (Ra28 GT...Checked the vin tag)

1) Is the F series a bolt on replacement?
2) Will the Corona Disc mount on the F series?
3) F313 LSD is 1way? 1.5way? 2way?
4) What would the offset change by +? -? I have some ET6 wheels in mind Very Happy
5) Should I stick with T series LSD? If so which one? And where is the best place to buy?

1) If it is indeed from an RA28 GT (as highlighted in red), then it should bolt in.
2) With a little work as described in the "Articles" page.
3) No idea what this stuff ever means.
4) Seeing as the diff came out the same car (in effect), there will be no/minimal "offset" change.
5) No. All other questions irrelevant.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 08:31]

SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sun, 13 November 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have located a new Kaaz 2 way LSD from an early Ae86, The guy never used it as he sold the car for good price before he had a chance to fit it. I can get this of the guy for free Cool Laughing as I know a guy, who nows a guy who will approve his morgage Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink

So do you think its worthwile me using it before I transplant T for F diff.
Q) How strong is the LSD & how long will it last in the T series diff? (Behind a Gen3 1GGTE)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sun, 13 November 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem still stands. A T-series diff, fancy LSD or not isn't going to cope properly behind a 1GGTE. Get yourself an F-series diff and be done with it, if need be, sell the KAAZ centre and use it to fund an F.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sun, 13 November 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotta remember its not so much the diff centre that breaks it is more so a question of axle strength.

T series axles behind that motor will snap like toothpicks the moment you give it 'some'.

EDIT: spelling

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2005 07:16]

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sun, 13 November 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
getting an LSD for the T series diff will only increase the chance/occurance of breakages.
ive got a gen3 1ggte in my RA40 celica and havent broke the diff yet Laughing

ive put this down to tthe fact of not having an LSD (ie. inside wheel breaks out - stress relieved) and also that i got 5yr old 195 tyres. so basically , there isnt much stress being put on the differential components. i just break traction regurely Razz

im taking the F series route. i got a MX13 diff and a MA61 LSD and ST141 avante disks. housing is all made, and its nearly ready to transplant Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Sun, 13 November 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

F313, if I remember correctly is a 2pinion, 7.5inch LSD F-series diff. As mentioned, if it came from an RA28GT then it will bolt in. Just do this and all will be fine.

seeyuzz
river
SillyCarLover
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: RA28 LSD & Axle Question ??? Mon, 14 November 2005 01:38 Go to previous message
Ok...! The F series it is, The F diff is from a Ra28GT standing rotting ten years with drum brakes I hope its ok Confused

Q) I have a T diff with Corona disk setup will these disk & calipers transplant over to the F diff?...Any link to info?

Q) Is there an easier/better conversion to disk brakes for the F series?....Did read somewhere about peugeot disk?

Q) How good is the F313 LSD? is it a 1 /1.5 /2way?

Q) What is the recommended LSD centre for F series behind Gen3 1GGTE?

Embarassed Embarassed SORRY for all these questions but Iam in the UK and ONLY the lads at Toymods have the experience & expertise to help me. Call me an Ass kisser but one must do,What one must do to get the job done Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Cool Cool

Thanks in advance!! Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 01:39]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 Engine Specs & Info
Next Topic:1jzgte vs 1jzgte vvti
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:24:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012495994567871 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.