Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
stalling when my ac is on Mon, 24 October 2005 11:44 Go to next message
hey guys,
my 4agze works fine when driving with ac off, but once it's on the car seems to stall heaps.

what could be the problem??

thanks
guys
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 24 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a/c idle up not connected?
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 24 October 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can i check for that?
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 24 October 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had the same problem in my st162, it turned out that the compressor was farked. not sure how to check it.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 24 October 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just wondering how does the compressor cause the engine to stall??

thanks
dug
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 24 October 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the compressor is harder to spin than it should be, the idle up won't be enough and will stall the motor..

i also vote for the idle up solenoid though.. and sorry, don't know enough about your car to tell you how to check..

parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Tue, 25 October 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A. Do you have a standard ECU
B. If yes do you have an idle up VSV connected
C. If yes again, does your loom contain the wiring and diodes etc.

If you have done a conversion, probably not. I know on 4AGE's that early type dash looms had an idle up computer seperate from the main ECU whereas in later type looms it was incorporated into the ECU. Anything that places load will drop off your revs, lihghts, heater etc.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Tue, 25 October 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i got this guy to wire up my electricals and when i asked him why the car's stalling when the ac is on he said its a common thing and he doesn't know how to fix it.

yes i have a standard ECU. where's the idle up VSV placed and what does it look like so that i can check if it's connected.
would anyone know how to check if the compressor is faulty??

thanks
dug
parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Tue, 25 October 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of car is it? If it is an AE86 it is located just in front of the drivers side strut tower or if you have a JDM airbox, I think it is mounted to that. There will be one vacuum line from it to your throttle body and another to atmosphere (or your airbox). From memory it is a green 2 pin plug. Of its own it doesn't solve your problems unless the rest of the idle up circuit is there as well. So if you have converted over an Australian AE86, although there will be a VSV there (looks slightly different to a 4AGE one) it will not function. The AE82 TC VSV's are the same as the AE86 TC VSV and the AE82 location is again near the airbox. If it is not a 4AGE, you should still be able to track it back from the throttle body presumably.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Wed, 26 October 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's in an ae92, with an JDM 4agze AFM from a levin. when i turn the aircon on the revs seems to drop and not go up. It wouldn't be a faulty compressor because i just got it replaced....

chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Thu, 27 October 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would anyone know where or how can i check if the idle up circuit is connected??

thanks
dug
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Fri, 28 October 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Fri, 28 October 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess you could take the belt off your air con compressor and see if the idle changes when you turn the air con on..
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Fri, 28 October 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've recently changed my compressor it shouldnt be the problem... but dont know if my idle up circuit is connected..
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Fri, 28 October 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the compressor isn't connected to the belt, and you turn the air con on.. the idle should rise..
parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Presumably this problem has always been there since your conversion? When you put the 4AGZE, did you do a complete front cut swap with all wiring including under dash, or just the engine and engine loom. If you did the latter, the circuit is not going to be there. I am sure the idle up circuit in an AE92 will be in the engine bay ancillary loom as it is in the AE86, from where it joins into the dash loom through the junnction box. Even if you have found the idle up VSV, if the loom isn't intact, it isn't going to do anything.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Tue, 08 November 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy that did the wiring didnt fully changed the wiring he used some of the half cut and some that's on the car, would anyone know how i would find the circuit or components for the idle up circuit???
sonwill
Regular

February 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Fri, 11 November 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy fix, just put a realy on the compressor clutch line to drive an idle up VSV off something like a 4AGE (good as the have an adjustment bleed knob), then stick it on the intake after the butterfly (or somewhere on the intake maifold).

Then when the A/C compressor fires up it will bleed some more air into the intake, increasing the idle.

Easy fix as you don't need to screw with much (especially the ECU)
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Sat, 12 November 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for such a stupid question but what does a idle up vsv look like???
would anyone have a pic of it??

thanks
dug
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stalling when my ac is on Sat, 12 November 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should look something like this
http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/3243/acidleupvsv5gi.th.jpg

and normaly has a pipe/s that runs before and after the thottle body.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Sat, 12 November 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it have any wires connected to it??
would it be this in the pic??? the one with the green line??
it has 3 lines going to it 1 on the top and two at the bottom(one shown the other isnt)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/dougtran/ass/Picture(9).jpg
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stalling when my ac is on Sat, 12 November 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmm.. different lookng to mine, but might be it. try adjusting the knob anti-clockwise while the engine is idleing with the a/c on and see if your idle raises.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Sun, 13 November 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would you happen to know where the green line is connected to?
at the moment i have it connected to nothing.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stalling when my ac is on Sun, 13 November 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no sorry, it's different to mine. mine only had the big white knob, 2 large vacum lines (one went to the thottle body and one after the AFM by memory) and the plug with the 2 wires.
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 14 November 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would this be the thing you are talking about (circled)? My car stalls now from time to time only when the AC is on. The two wires on this thing are not connected to anything.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/trevtrevtrev trev/ebaycirc.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 00:39]

chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: stalling when my ac is on Mon, 14 November 2005 14:07 Go to previous message
i can't see it properly so not really sure but that should be the one but mine has an extra device.

anyone have a clue where they're connected to??
now all i know is that the green line is connected to the yellow.
which will leave my cannister vacuum line free because its the yellow line at the moment.

thanks
dug

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 14:09]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cam sizzing for boosted 18rgeu
Next Topic:3TGTE injector problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:01:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058259963989258 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar