Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 11:45 Go to next message
Today i acquired a twin-carburettor setup from my brother.
He claims its off a ae86 from Japan. Ive researched with little luck.

So i was wondering if this is for a 4age or 4ac?
I dont think 4ac was realease in Jap, am i right?.
And would this provide any gain in on either 4age or 4ac?.

The throttle cable position seems different to the standard 4ac aswell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tai Tran

Sorry about the poor quality pictures (off phone)

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7842/p11141715323uz.jpg
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3511/p11141716165wd.jpg
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/9523/p11141716470sd.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theyre not off a 2TB or something are they?

That manifold is definatly NOT off a 4age or 4ac
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well they were supposedly removed off a recently imported AE86 half cut. Im not really sure actually Crying or Very Sad But the ports are all in the same place and same size, as the one on my 4AC.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2005 11:52]

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely not for a 4AGE. Unsure on 4AC.

My guess would be 2T-B also.

I am no carby expert, but those carbs look pretty rubbish and small. So my advice is attach them to a length of chain and use it to prevent your boat from moving.

Hen
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from memory the 4AC has inlet ports 1 and 4 outboard, and 2 and 3 quite close together. the exhaust manifold is basically siamesed (1 and 2 exit in the same pipe, 3 and 4 exit in the same pipe) or something along those lines, dont reckon its for a 4AC.

it bears a striking resemblence to a 4AGE exhaust flange though...
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe this was a custom job? fitting downdrafts off a 2TB motor and adapting them to a manifold to suit? i dont know much about 4A motors but i dont think originally they came out with twin downdrafts.. i could be wrong.. but if you were going to use carburettors on a 4AGE, id be looking for a sidedraft setup..

RO11LR
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey if your looking for twin carbs i will be selling mine soon , they're 42 mm DCOE webers , maybe a few weeks away but let me know if your interested, with manifold but its to suit a 3k
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I verified this today, and yes it was removed off a Jap-spaec Trueno. Confused Maybe the trueno had the 2t engine in it?.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taitran wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 10:05

I verified this today, and yes it was removed off a Jap-spaec Trueno. Confused Maybe the trueno had the 2t engine in it?.

was it an AE86 trueno? that name has been used for many models.. so there may hav ebeen a misunderstanding perhaps..
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Mon, 14 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im positive its off a AE86 , because my bro's dont import any older models of corolla than AE86. He also has the lights there and its the pop-up version of the AE86.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Tue, 15 November 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What shiny said.

4AC is non-crossflow, so the intake and exhaust manifolds come off the same side of the head. So if that is the intake manifold flange, how does the exhaust get out?

So definitely not 4AC or 4AGE.

Unless there has been a mixup (likely) I think that AE86 has received a 2/3T transplant.

Hen
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Tue, 15 November 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks a lot like the factory 2T-B twin carbs, manifold flange looks like 2T also.
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Tue, 15 November 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure that they are Toyota? The early Mazda 1500 ss came with a twin carb set up just like that and the flange looks similar.

Cheers,

Ty
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Unknown Twin Carby setup for AE86(pics) Tue, 15 November 2005 07:27 Go to previous message
Im Baffled!!.
So are these as good as a paper weight? or are they worth something?.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:stock 3T-C clutch
Next Topic:Is it a Carbie or i dunno
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:55:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052769184112549 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.