Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Power windows for AE86 Sat, 29 October 2005 11:32 Go to next message
HI, just wanted to know if any people have power windows for a AE86 sprinter, i have tried searching but with no luck.

I've heard of people modifying Widebody camry window regualtors to fit to an AE86.

Can DIY kits be purchased?

Any ideas will be great,

Tai

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2005 11:33]

Send a private message to this user    
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Power windows for AE86 Sat, 29 October 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparantly ma61 electric windows and rails are identical but dont quote me on that
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Sat, 29 October 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn dat was fast ^^ i just clicked SUBMIT REPLY then screen refreshed and deres your reply LOL.

Are MA61 da supra celica shape?
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Power windows for AE86 Sat, 29 October 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure but a guy i know got a set from pick and payless and they were exactly the same as my electric windows regs so i guess they they are the same
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Power windows for AE86 Sat, 29 October 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taitran wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 21:14

Are MA61 da supra celica shape?

yes
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Sun, 30 October 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anybody tried the MA61 electric windows yet?.

Does anybody know if Electric-Life sell kits for the AE86?
Or if power windows came standard in JDM 86's
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Power windows for AE86 Sun, 30 October 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah power windows came standard on at least some JDM sprinters, proabably the ones with all the power options, as i know a friends has powersteering/windows/mirrors.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Power windows for AE86 Sun, 30 October 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am pretty sure that only some of the kouki models, probably the GT Apex did have power windows.
I know for a fact they had them, but not sure if others did.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Power windows for AE86 Sun, 30 October 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got some Cressida window regulators I intend to fit to mine sometime, but I haven't gotten round to trying it yet. I can't see it being too hard, I'll probably have to cut/lengthen/generally alter them a bit though.
Jeff Lange
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Fri, 11 November 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea about anything else fitting into the AE86, but the AE86 was offered with power windows in North America for 86-87 GT-S models. I just recently installed some into my 86 coupe. Smile
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Power windows for AE86 Fri, 11 November 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get diy kits but dunno bout the quality of them.. any of you boys know what their like?
wokstrx7
Regular

August 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ae86 has power windows. no power steering/mirrors though. apparently its an import from malaysia but there is no compliance plate on my car. it looks to b australian delivered though??????????????????
window switches r massive blue boxes approx 10cm x 5cm on each door.
anyone know about these????
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post pics, a giveaway would be holes where the winders should go if they werent fitted factiry
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah show us a pic Smile
Would you be willing to sell or swap your power windows?.
wokstrx7
Regular

August 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there r no holes where winders would have been so i guess its factory. ill take some pics but dont know how 2 host them. anyone willing to host for me if i email them to u? the colour of the boxes match the colour of the plastics in the car so that makes me think they r original. as for sale/swap i guess i have something thats pretty rare and i like power windows so i ill b keeping them!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imageshack.us, no need to sign up!
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT-Apex Power Window Buttons are located about 6cm from the door handle towards the dash.

they are the same height as the door handles and are always black.
wokstrx7
Regular

August 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Tue, 15 November 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are def not gt apex ones then. they r the size of 2 ciggarette packets!
wokstrx7
Regular

August 2005
Re: Power windows for AE86 Wed, 16 November 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2386/elecwindow 0vt.th.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 11:08]

Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Power windows for AE86 Wed, 16 November 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So much trouble and extra weight for a bit of convenience, i'd say the solution is to have a dose of harden the f... up Wink

I've heard the diy generic ones are painful, i'd be exploring all "factory" options before going that path, even if its cheaper..
assassin10000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Power windows for AE86 Wed, 16 November 2005 18:07 Go to previous message
SEXY 16 wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 21:38

apparantly ma61 electric windows and rails are identical but dont quote me on that

Anyone else know if they fit for sure? I wouldn't mind converting to electric windows myself - they are a pita to find here...

Andrew
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Valve lift?
Next Topic:Noltec TA22 trailing arm bushes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:51:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066750049591064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.