Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Tue, 08 November 2005 08:48 Go to next message
Hey guys selling the aluminium oil catch can with breather and side measure. just brought it for my car then realised it dont fit no where! Rolling Eyes

Thats an alum. filter up top (looks black but its just the flash from the photo). the whole thing is a spanky polished alum. this is a proper can too not just a pot to sit oil in, has divider, steel wool filter and mounting brackets.

dimensions: about 100mm x 80mm x 210mm (290mm woth breather) 25mm pip5 holes

After $130 +P&P

Cheers

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16335

Attachment: catchcan.jpg
(Size: 64.15KB, Downloaded 562 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Tue, 08 November 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seen this oil catch can, and boy is it awesome, Very Good Quality, if i wasen't requiems twin in the car devision i would of brought it!!
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Wed, 09 November 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx man, still bummed btw...

Carn guys this is probably THE best catch can you'll get at this price. DEF. wouldn't be for sale if it was 30mm shorter! Very Happy

and no surprises this is a BUMP Rolling Eyes
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Wed, 09 November 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cmon,wheres the toyMODS spirit? cut it down! free bump. Very Happy
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Wed, 09 November 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on guys.
ffs
bought....there is no r in bought.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Thu, 10 November 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but i brought it home... Rolling Eyes ok so i BOUGHT it with dollars... Wink

Yeah i'd cut it down but i cant alum. weld. Been told its easy ect but yeah got no idea! easier (yeah i know slacker) to sell it off and get a smaller one...
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Thu, 10 November 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swap my smaller cylindrical one + cash for yours? Mines unused, bought it about 6 months ago and been too lazy to install it Very Happy
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Fri, 11 November 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah depending on what its like, got any pics? i was looking ate getting one that was cylindrical with level indicator and the hex screw down lid....
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Fri, 11 November 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its polished stainless steel with level indicator, I'll get some pics, when the digi cam batteries are charged Sad
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Mon, 14 November 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cool just get a pic for me and if i like i'll do! Wink

But i am a picky bastard. Rolling Eyes
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Tue, 15 November 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReQuieM wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 14:11

but i brought it home... Rolling Eyes ok so i BOUGHT it with dollars... Wink

Yeah i'd cut it down but i cant alum. weld. Been told its easy ect but yeah got no idea! easier (yeah i know slacker) to sell it off and get a smaller one...

Why not pay someone like $10 to weld it for you
raaf86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Wed, 16 November 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen these things for around $80, just do ur research, ebay.com.au can be a starting point.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Fri, 18 November 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres heaps of catch cans on ebay but like i said this is the best sucker i've seen for the price. I'm probably going to end up with one of the cheaper style one off ebay if i can't fit this. But this bad boy is hard core! Evil or Very Mad Had an idea of where i might be able to actualy mount it, if it works it'll be off the market, other wise i'm open to offers.

BTW check the postage on the ebay items, most MOFO's make they're margin back by chargin the earth for postage. Saw one chargin $58!! That must be some GOLD PLATED mofo bubble wrap! Very Happy

EDIT:
Yeah i would get it cut down but its got a divider through it as well. ALOT of pissin about when i could sell it to someone who could use it as is un molested and get my self a more appropriate size one with out lossing too much money. Learnt my 'measure first' lesson.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2005 01:58]

ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Fri, 18 November 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Opps double post

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2005 02:03]

ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Mon, 21 November 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump, it dont fit there either!

Taking offers.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Sat, 26 November 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Sun, 27 November 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
requiem, was it a jza70 that the catch can didnt fit into?

Im interested but I've got a jza70 too so it wont fit my car either.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Mon, 28 November 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i couldn't fit this into my jza70, although if you dont have ac compressor, abs or cruise control then you might be able to fit it around there. fit easily LxW just not the height. Just grab a 30cm ruler and see if you got the space
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Wed, 30 November 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont have abs as it was orig an ma70 and cruise was lost in the conversion to 1j so when i get home from interstate I might have a measure up.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Polished Oil Catch Can with breather and level indicator! Fri, 02 December 2005 12:26 Go to previous message
ReQuieM: Do you have a picture showing the mounting tabs? Please email to phillawrence@optusnet.com.au

If its suitable, i'll reply to arrange payment.

Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST185 engine and box!
Next Topic:FS: gen 3 3sge / 3sfe / 5sfe stainless extractors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:35:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055110454559326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.