Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
front mount for 4agze Wed, 26 October 2005 14:47 Go to next message
hey guys,
i was thinking of placing a front mount intercooler on my JDM 4agze AFM in an ae92 and taking out the stock topmount.

What size intercooler should i be looking at and what pipping??

My mate has a stock intercooler from a r32 gtr, would i be able to used that?

i have also read about the engine stalling after installing a front mount due the the pipping is this true? how can i overcome this??

any suggestions would be appreciated!
thanks
dug
  Send a private message to this user    
LeZZa
Regular

September 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Wed, 26 October 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The piping would be longer, but 4agze into Sprinter conversions all use front mounts without probs. The stock intercooler works fine. If you plan to run huge amounts of boost then go for the GTR intercooler, but otherwise would probably be too much trouble to fit such a big one...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Wed, 26 October 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditch the stocker if you can especially in smallport form they are tiny something like a 1ggte core will work well
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Wed, 26 October 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh lad, get the gtr core.. they work well and should do the job nicely.. or u could get a VR4/supra core.... man' even brand new 600x300x75mm cores can be had for as low as $270... The Gze wouldnt need such a big core, but still its worth considering...
a second throttle body may be needed to break up the length of the piping in some instances' but its unlikely..

piece...
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Thu, 27 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

so would it be okay for me to put the front mount on the AFM 4agze with no probs?

dug
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: front mount for 4agze Thu, 27 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a vr4 for the stock 4a twinky
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: front mount for 4agze Thu, 27 October 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the vr4 ?
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Fri, 28 October 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Fri, 28 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean i have one "mounted"

i picked up a stock skyline r33 cooler for $25 once

edit:
http://www.geocities.com/rthy86/Pics/TOTALSTOCK.JPG
thats wat it kinda looks like behind the bar Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 04:17]

pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: front mount for 4agze Fri, 28 October 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o ok
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Mon, 31 October 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm going ahead and placing the stock r32 gtr intercooler on my ae92 4agze AFM this weekend and just wondering what size pipe to use and do i use the same size pipe all the way??

any ideas or help would be appreciated!
thanks
dug

lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt there be problems with that extra piping my friends car ended up going worse when he ditched the top mount taking too long to boost or something mind you his piping from the supercharger was pretty dicey
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$179 for hybrid copy IC

cant go wrong
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i have read some posts about that but there's a number of people that had fmic without losing boost and i don't know why, would it be because their pipping have leaks?can anyone shed some light here?

do you mean an topmount hybrid ic or front?
where can i get those at??
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.nissansilvia.com

check the sponsors section

heaps of deals on FMIC's there Smile
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you frontmount an IC on a GZE then welcome to the club of the neverending idle adjustments.
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1373/flynsx39sp.jpg

if your putting a 600 300 75 cooler in a ae92 sx thats what it is going to look like farking huge.

when i was supercharged and i had the front mount i had stalling and idel probs all the time. I think was due to lengths of the cooler pipes not sure never fixed the problem just went turbo.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there anyway to get a FMIC setup without the car stalling or problems with the idling??

chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that i know of
GUN-16L
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Thu, 03 November 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine has a front mount not as big as flynsx but still good size and i have never had a problem with it stalling or idleing funny
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Thu, 10 November 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is a bit old, but i never had idle or stalling problems with my vr4 intercooler but does take longer to boost Confused
with the top mount it boost stright away while the fmic boosts from 3000+...
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: front mount for 4agze Fri, 11 November 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

is there anyway to get a FMIC setup without the car stalling or problems with the idling??

My car never had any idle problems or stalling problems ever with the 4AGZE with 175mm pulley and front mount. Mine just had the piping kept short and the piping was 2" to 2.5" in diameter (pretty narrow compared to some). The front mount was custom made, I can't remember the dimensions. Everything else was stock including the ECU.

The gay thing with 4AGZEs and the throttle being pre-supercharger is that as you increase the volume between the throttle and cylinders with increased pipework and a larger intercooler the throttle response is decreased. You get used to it but it something to be aware of.
chug
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 15 November 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally i got the intercooler on!!!!

BUT
my car now stalls everytime i stop even when i leave it to idle.
Is there anything i can do to fix this??

poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: front mount for 4agze Tue, 15 November 2005 10:21 Go to previous message
from what i remember u will get hunting idle probs once warm
due to the travel of air from ic

not sure how this is fixed tho..

oh and also. u might not wanna go bigger than 450x300

you might end up losing power rather than a gain

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2005 10:22]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EP91 Starlet standard PCD?
Next Topic:soarer air con re-gas
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 11:57:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069549083709717 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.