Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Tue, 15 November 2005 11:39 Go to next message
I've almost completed the 18RG conversion into my KE35. It just needs 2 things, 1. is the exhaust to be connected (easily done), the second is getting some aircleaners to fit.

There is about 25 mm clearance between the carby throat for the 4th cylinder and the brake booster. The 3rd cylinder throat is a bit better, and the front to are fine.

Does anyone know of a thin type air cleaner to suit the standard Solex carbies?

I've been thinking of using some 'Ramflo' dome type filters and just modifying one section of the external cage to clear. Any other suggestions?
  Send a private message to this user    
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Tue, 15 November 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I woulda suggested the ramflo's too. You could also make a tapered air box, but the ram flos would be easier.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Tue, 15 November 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K&N make low-rise DCOE filters. Theyr'e a chrome top and bottom plate with an element around the side faces. I don't think they'd be much bigger than a inch thick.

The Ramflos you want are Ramflo 400s and are available online through www.lynxcorp.com.au if you're interested.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Tue, 15 November 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep - the K&N ones....
http://knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=56-1 310
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Thu, 17 November 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We use Ramflo filters on my brother's engine, but not for long.

Ramflo filters let all sorts of dirt an shit in, and we are relly careful that the foam filter contacts the backing plate firmly all the way around.

Basically, ramflo filters let lots of air in but don't filter it.

I'd be making an airbox to suit your space requirements and then using a pod filter.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Thu, 17 November 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pipercross from england make some thin panel filters for fitting to multiple carb setups.

http://www.pipercross.net/
http://www.pipercross.net/competition_carb_px500.a sp
http://www.pipercross.net/images/px500_dimensions.jpg
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Re: Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's Thu, 17 November 2005 10:35 Go to previous message
Problem solved!! I modified a set of Redline filters, cut a hole in the top and covered the hole with a unifilter foam panel. It's only 20mm high, and should flow plenty of air, and looks trick!!! Laughing Laughing

If anyone wants a picture of what I've done just pm me your email address.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fixed or full floating rotors???
Next Topic:Quad Throttles on a 100 or 86 km
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:24:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040929317474365 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.