Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kmw777
Newcomer

November 2005
tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Mon, 14 November 2005 13:41 Go to next message
Hi, I have just pulled apart my supercharged 4K and found 3 cracked pistons!!

What I need is stronger new pistons... forged ones will cost around $1200 plus from SPS in Melbourne... As a cheaper alternative, has anybody found pistons from other car makers that fit either 4K or 5K?, (Ideally from a turbo engine for lower compression, around 9:1 or less).

I have done hours of searching and have not found much yet. It seems Gemini, some Mazda may be close, but I think a piston from a factory turbo should be stronger??. The ACL catalogue that I looked at didn't show comp ht, or pin diam.
I also found a reference on the net to using 1G-GTE pistons in a K motor, but so far I haven't found the specs for the piston and rods, apart from the 75mm diam.

Any comments or suggestions/ info appreciated.
Thanks, Kevin.

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Mon, 14 November 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to find an old ACL cat, they have pin heights etc...

the ACL pistons are much better than the repco/toyota ones which, as you found, usually come out in pieces..

for a cheap effort, i'd go the ACL's first...

if you are getting serious abtu it, get shrter pistons, lower pin height and overall height, and get longer rods...
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Tue, 15 November 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the computer proggy of the ACL catalogue (no idea how or why, but i do) and it seems to have the specs you want

ed: Better yet it also has a list of what other motors the piston kit you have selected is used in

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2005 07:20]

kmw777
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Tue, 15 November 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, email sent re ACL catalogue, thanks.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Tue, 15 November 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bananaman wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 18:19

I've got the computer proggy of the ACL catalogue (no idea how or why, but i do) and it seems to have the specs you want

ed: Better yet it also has a list of what other motors the piston kit you have selected is used in

is that the old ACL cat in PDF form? wanna host it for a bit? Wink
i have new one here, but old one back home Sad
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Tue, 15 November 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I think he's talking about the ACL parts catalogue PC application, which at one point was available for download from the ACL website.

I've got the old PDF with pin diameters, compression heights etc. but no hosting. It's 15mb.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Tue, 15 November 2005 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here it is 15mb
http://www.acl.com.au/web/aclwebsite.nsf/8df7d3f7b 605537a4a2569660082eda8/f7914230e2e6c7cc4a25696700 0e22bb/$FILE/PP03.pdf

Other catalogs here
http://www.acl.com.au/web/aclwebsite.nsf/pg_cust_p cat?OpenPage

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2005 16:01]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Tue, 15 November 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that's it.
kmw777
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit?? Thu, 24 November 2005 12:50 Go to previous message
Just wondering what pistons have people been using in their turbo/supercharged 4K or 5K engines.... standard?????? and how have they performed?????
thanks, Kevin.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age stalls on high Revs ???
Next Topic:PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:41:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040779113769531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.