Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
seca_16v
Occasional Poster

June 2005
corolla AE92 conversion Tue, 15 November 2005 10:49 Go to next message
hey im currently running a stock 4a-FC 1.6 carby in my 1990 AE92 SECA and am interested in getting a 100Kw 4A-GE conversion done, can any one plz fill me in on basic costs ... wat it involves etc. coz i reali got no clue, my mate giving me his spare 4age for 400 if thats ok .. ??
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Tue, 15 November 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'll be a straight bolt in afaik. You'd probably want to get the engine at least reconditioned so you dont get problems down the track. Ask your mate if anything has been replaced etc, that'd give you a better idea of what needs replacing Very Happy
seca_16v
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Tue, 15 November 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh beautiful!
but coz mine is carb, i heard u got full re-direct fuel lines n evrifink, how much do u think prefessional installation shuld set me back ???
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Tue, 15 November 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops, misread that as 4afe Embarassed

I guess an efi fuel tank with 4age fuel lines will do, but you may be able to use the afc lines (dont quote me on that). Wouldnt be too much to it, but if you have mates that have some knowledge about conversions, a bit of elbow grease will do fine Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: corolla AE92 conversion Tue, 15 November 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first, please learn to type in english; many helpful souls here have little patience for poor grammer and spelling....

just get the fuel tank and fuel lines off an EFI AE92 out at pick'n'payless.

how much it will cost you to do overall depends on how dodgy you are and how much you can do yourself.
it would cost me about $500 on top of the engine cost to do personally - but im not you Smile

Good luck.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Wed, 16 November 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 08:25

first, please learn to type in english; many helpful souls here have little patience for poor grammer and spelling....

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 03:08]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: corolla AE92 conversion Wed, 16 November 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both grammar and grammer are both acceptable ways to spell the word... Razz
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Wed, 16 November 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the final drive is higher in the 100kw box (C52). you probably have a C50. Will still work though.
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Wed, 16 November 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo:
"both grammar and grammer are both acceptable ways to spell the word... ". bzzzzz.

As a proper noun "Grammer" would be acceptable as a person's name. (Good old Kelsey)

As a noun "grammmar" is the correct spelling. You could always investigate the much tastier form ... "gramma" which is a real word, is spelled correctly and can be used as a noun or an adjective.

Razz
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Wed, 16 November 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think one of the engine mounts (driver's side from memory) is different for the 100kw as opposed to the 4A-FE. You can get them new from toyota in the eastern states, but they're in short supply.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: corolla AE92 conversion Wed, 16 November 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scorpion wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 19:38

Merudo:
"both grammar and grammer are both acceptable ways to spell the word... ". bzzzzz.

As a proper noun "Grammer" would be acceptable as a person's name. (Good old Kelsey)

As a noun "grammmar" is the correct spelling. You could always investigate the much tastier form ... "gramma" which is a real word, is spelled correctly and can be used as a noun or an adjective.

Razz

Laughing Laughing
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: corolla AE92 conversion Thu, 17 November 2005 12:37 Go to previous message
Hey i am sellnig a 100kw ae82 if ya interested pm me. Thats if you wanna avoid the conversion cost of over 3g

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2005 12:38]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 front strut help
Next Topic:is AE92 sx fuel pump suitable for 4AGZE?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:37:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056250095367432 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.