Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » does this need an engineers ( VIC )

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke20man
Newcomer

May 2005
does this need an engineers ( VIC ) Wed, 16 November 2005 06:32 Go to next message
hey every1, does a ke10 with a 4k or 3k with a injection setup like 4ke/7ke need to be engineered, and does a a celica 5 speed fit in the tranny tunnel in a ke10 also?

im presuming its a must if i put a new diff in it like a hilux or something but i wasnt sure if i injected it cheers

Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: does this need an engineers ( VIC ) Wed, 16 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
injection needs to be engineered due to the new fuel system lines etc cant help you with the rest
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: does this need an engineers ( VIC ) Wed, 16 November 2005 07:28 Go to previous message
ke20man wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 17:32

hey every1, does a ke10 with a 4k or 3k with a injection setup like 4ke/7ke need to be engineered, and does a a celica 5 speed fit in the tranny tunnel in a ke10 also?

im presuming its a must if i put a new diff in it like a hilux or something but i wasnt sure if i injected it cheers

well, i asked about that in NSW when i did mine....

and the answer was that it was a very grey area due to the age of the car.

from emissions point of view, you only need to comply with the later of engine or car.. so as long as you have better than KE70 emissions, it's ok.

if you are using stock ECU from 4KE it is a nobrainer, but with 7KE, you need programmable or similar, but it can still be argued that EFI is a step int he right direction..

as for fuel lines and safety, it should be engineered.. or at least checked over, but it's mainly the fuel tank (if you go with intank pump) that needs to be certified..

I'd take a list of things i wanted to do to an engineer, and get them to cross off the things that didn't neeed to be done.. then get it certified anyway.... $400 now vs hassle at rego time (at least for yearly inspections in NSW)

celica gearbox fits sideways, but may be a little tall, particularly at the back. T50 is about same width as K50.. just taller.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82/AE92 DEDICATED THREAD!!!!! YAY FOR PROGESS
Next Topic:Job and licence woes...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:03:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042481422424316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.