Toymods » General Car Talk » Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 08:09 Go to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

after not reading anything on toymods about Insurance Embarassed

i rang about 6 of Perths best knowen Insurance companys they all laffed and said no Mad "IM TOO YOUNG TO DRIVE A GZ20"

alright , lets ring shannons .... sammmeee deallllll and i thought they were good ... and i guess they would be IF I WAS OVER THE AGE OF 25 !!

Just CAR Insurance came to my mind! , best customer service ive ever had EVER !

I got Insurance on the spot pending payment ...

Keep in mind im 20 , ive had my licence since Apr 03 and crashed into the back of a 1998 Mazda 323 in Dec 03 and did 4.8k damage to it(and $120 to the AE82 Laughing)

Anyway this is just a small rant to tell everyone JUST CAR is the winner for Insurance for imports and modded cars !
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep just car will insure anyone almost. When i was looking at the GT4 NRMA wanted 6 grand erm no, just cars wanted $2300, shannons didn't really want to know me (being 19) but gave a quote of 2.5K to 3K.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does crashing cars run in your family?

You and your sister do not do our premiums any favours Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh Just Cars rule!!! Very Happy
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 16:29

Does crashing cars run in your family?

You and your sister do not do our premiums any favours Laughing

haha and my cousin a week after my sister crashed his AE92 seca
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should judge an insurance company by what they do when you make a claim, not when you pay your premium.

not saying there is anything wrong with JC here at all by the way
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey coFF33 do you mind sharing what it cost you and if its 3rd party or the whole slog?

I had a commodore years ago with a slightly modded motor and it cost me $600 3rd party which i thought was a bit much.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it was $327 for a whole year , i will have to pay 1.1K in Excess if it have a tiff , and if someone hits me and i dont get their details (or im parked at work etc) then Just Car will pay UP TO $3k damage ..

Fuckin good deal if u ask me . Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait till you have to make a claim...then you will see how great just cars are...
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i got full comp with them. ive been driving 5 years with 1 crash. costing my $600 a year.

when i called shannons they sounded very good and knew what i was talking about when i mentioned mods. but when i told them the car will b parked on the street they said they cant insure me. wtf. its just a ae82 ffs. not like its a resprayed boddy kitted show car or anything.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck $600 is cheap , but how old are you ? and it is a AE82 compared to a GZ20
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My full comp costs $920 a year, covers all my mods. That's for me and my gf as the driver. Shannons would only insure me once I told them I was a member of Toymods, but even then wanted the better part of $1400. Ultimately, when I'm at an age where I don't get bent over for driving a cool car, i'll switch to Shannons.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF you have to be 25+ year of age to get them to help you .

if ya Pre-25 your as good of a driver as a 17 year old asain girl
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not entirely true. Tell them you're a member of a car club and they'll insure your modified import no worries, well, that was the case for me anyway. And I got that quote when I was 21.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 16 November 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 10:51

Not entirely true. Tell them you're a member of a car club and they'll insure your modified import no worries, well, that was the case for me anyway. And I got that quote when I was 21.

Same once I mentioned toymods they gave the quote for the GT4 albeit more expensive than just cars, still cheaper than elsewhere and there excesses are no where near as bad as just cars are.

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 09:40

Shannons would only insure me once I told them I was a member of Toymods, but even then wanted the better part of $1400. Ultimately, when I'm at an age where I don't get bent over for driving a cool car, i'll switch to Shannons.

shannons only insures you if you are part of a car club or are a car enthusiest(SP?). im not a meneber of anything, but i told him that i have owned 2 ae82 and i have put a 20v into this one and he said i fall into a car enthusiest catagory.
i recon if you told the guys at shannons how much love you have for your car and the detailed procedure of washing/waxing every weekend they give it to u.
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been insured for Third Party with Just Cars for almost 3 years now. They have an offer where if you have you upgrade to a comprehensive plan with them, they'll count your (accident-free) time as a Third Party policy holder towards gaining a no claim bonus - which is very attractive.

The Just Car's only downside so far is that you can't pay in installments, you have to pay for the insurance up front.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 12:06

I've been insured for Third Party with Just Cars for almost 3 years now. They have an offer where if you have you upgrade to a comprehensive plan with them, they'll count your (accident-free) time as a Third Party policy holder towards gaining a no claim bonus - which is very attractive.

The Just Car's only downside so far is that you can't pay in installments, you have to pay for the insurance up front.

Dude every insurance company does that Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed. Just Car do that even if you've never been with them.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NRMA even gave my brother 40% no claim just for being listed on my dads policy for a few years. All you have to do is hold a policy and your no claim builds up. Wink
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, well thats good to know Smiley =
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just cars = underwritten by AAMI
AAMI = the devil
the devil = ghey see: Southpark, the movie

THEREFORE:
JUST CARS = GHEY

I'm comprehensively covered by Shannon's for both my cars - The UZS131 and the RA28, both listed as modified.
The crown for $14k value
The celica for $5k value (weekend car)
My total premium is ~$1900/year.
Excess is $400, age excess is extra $400
I have only just turned 24.

Shannon's is by far the best company in my opinion... but you have to be an enthusiast, and make sure they know you are an enthusiast. All i did was talk cars and Toyotas to the people on the phone and doors were opened and discounts were freely given... the first guy loved the VIP wheels on the crown, and the second girl was into RT40 coronas and was building an 18RG for hers!

My best advice is direct the person to your member's ride thread on toymods! That's more than enough for them to see you are an enthusiast Nod

I'll be with Shannon's for the rest of my life.
They also do Home Contents insurance, including a special $10,000 "enthusiast" cover for car parts and memorabilia - NO ONE else does that!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell Witzl, I'd agree with you. Both chicks I spoke to at Just Car were equally as into cars as the people I spoke to at Shannons. I just couldn't justify the $500 extra a year Shannons commanded.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just car wanted $2000/year for the crown, and $1100 for the celica.....

.... i know which i prefer Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn willis, perhaps i'll have another word to Shannons come renewal time.
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 17 November 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance in nsw cost = other states X infinity

also heaps of factors go into working out the costs

Best way to find out - Give each company a call. Not a one size fits all situation
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys so i know some of you have reccommended Vigil insurance before so i thought hmmm i'll get a quote for Ed's Supra which I am considering buying, now for listing almost every mod i could think of on his car they gave me a quote of $900 full comprehensive insurance me thinks thats pretty damn good. Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm the same with Shannons, 22 have comp insurance on the JZA80 for <$2000 and they counted my previous 3 years being on my Dads insuracnce to my NCB. I'll be with Shannons as long as they will insure me Very Happy
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons are fucked. I went to insure my Mustang with them and they wanted me to install a fuckin tracking system before they'd touch it. I rang Vigil and all they wanted was an immobiliser and the premium was a third less than Shannons.

Cheers, Greg.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 16:19

NRMA even gave my brother 40% no claim just for being listed on my dads policy for a few years. All you have to do is hold a policy and your no claim builds up. Wink

Things they do to get business.... business must be getting desperate at NRMA. I changed all my policies (and the better half's so that's 4 car insurance) out of NRMA because of the stupid repairing policies they were trying to force down the repairer's throat and also their parts replacement policy.

What do you call a group of NRMA insurance policies, insane!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with AAMI. That TV advert chic sold me to them... Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NRMA laugh at me Sad

the NRMA quote on my RA65 for 3PP was the same as my quote from shannons for full comp.
I've had 3 different quotes from just cars for 3 different cars I've owned, and they've been $100 - $900 more expensive.

plus shannons have some awesome perks.

Greg: how long ago was that? shannons have changed quite a bit in the past few of years
BabyZ
Regular

January 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 18 November 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NRMA were hopeless for us. As soon as I mentioned the words "engine swap", it 'was F#&k off, mate we're not going to insure you any more'.

This was on an existing policy for the Hilux. I told them that if we have to move this policy to another company, then all the other vehicles were going with it (7 in all), and they just couldn't give a stuff. That, and their deteriorating attitude toward service and smash repairs, made the decision to leave pretty easy.

I also had problems with the 1JZ Cressida and Shannons (and others, maybe including Just Car, can't remember), as the main driver (my dad) is too old (he's over 70). The opposite issue to what you guys are getting, but they get you coming and going!!

All our stuff is now with Zurich as part of a whole insurance package covering the farm, buildings, machinery, public liability, etc. Can't remember what the costs are, except that the Cressida was about $350 when we added it.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2005 23:11]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons is the way to go for me... Cheap as chips... Just cars said I have too many modifications Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats bullshit , Just Car told me they will insure unlimited mods as long as its not illegal and its complied ...

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2005 04:34]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed. I had a list of mods as long as my arm, and Just Car said no worries to any of them.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just cars will insure anything... I'd be very suprised if you had more mods than me to list Razz
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sat, 19 November 2005 10:59

Shannons is the way to go for me... Cheap as chips... Just cars said I have too many modifications Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...

http://images.animanga.nu/fanart/1964/pwned.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2005 04:55]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your mail John Very Happy
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do u mean nathan ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your hotmail e-mail.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your PM Nathanina
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 19 November 2005 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 19 November 2005 08:23

Greg: how long ago was that? shannons have changed quite a bit in the past few of years

It was only about 2-3 years ago. I was only insuring the Mustang for 22K.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Mon, 21 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

since you are now a member of an incorporated car club which is listed on the shannons website... you are more easily recognisable to them as a car enthusiast.

Shannons care more about the person than they do the car.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Mon, 21 November 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, they might have assumed you were going through an end-of-life crisis Razz
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Tue, 22 November 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vigil rock, $1300 a year to insure my 1JZ Cressida, and I don't even have a full NCB saved up yet Smile Try insuring a Skyline or WRX or other cars of similar performance for that sorta money Wink
Famous Insurance are not bad either.
www.famousinsurance.com.au
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 23 November 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was with just cars, i found the to be too expensive, i changed to vigil and found them to be a few hundred cheaper. ( the cheapest i could find that would insure the car, 23 yrs old, no claim history, accident history only 1 suspension of licence 4yr ago)
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 23 November 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 11:48

I was with just cars, i found the to be too expensive, i changed to vigil and found them to be a few hundred cheaper. ( the cheapest i could find that would insure the car, 23 yrs old, no claim history, accident history only 1 suspension of licence 4yr ago)

how much if you don't mind me asking?
cressida_1jz
Regular

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 24 November 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons are the go.You have to look at whats gonna be done when you have an accident.They sound pretty good.

Im paying $1900 a year($40 a week) for a 91 Cressida Grande 1JZ in immac cond.I have a 30% no claim and its insured for $16000.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 24 November 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm with vigil and i can't complain. agreed value of 11k on the corolla, $1000 a year, $1000 excess. Considering i'm 21 and the car is modified i'm quite happy with that. only catch with vigil is that the car must have a 3point immobiliser and the car must be legal.

basically all the same stuff as shannons, choice of repairer etc.
called shannons, they didn't want to know about me, just cars would only cover the car for $5k Rolling Eyes young and cool basically told me to get fucked, but in a nice way and referred me to vigil.. what can i say

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 08:20]

Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 26 November 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I put in a vote for Vigil. I'm over 25 so only $500 excess and they insure me for my agreed value. Just Cars was $1200 excess, and the maximum value they would 'agree' to was $4,000 under market value! Premium about the same, but Vigil gives 10% discount for being part of a car club.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 26 November 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 20:22

you should judge an insurance company by what they do when you make a claim, not when you pay your premium.

Very true, shannons,:choice of repairer, no claim bonus protection and a choice of value.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 26 November 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 07:30

draven wrote on Sat, 19 November 2005 08:23

It was only about 2-3 years ago. I was only insuring the Mustang for 22K.

The clubs incorporated? How much are the shares?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Mon, 28 November 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 12:37

shinybluesteel wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 20:22

Very true, shannons,:choice of repairer, no claim bonus protection and a choice of value.

True Shannons bent over backwads when I made a claim!! They followed up everything quickly and without any prompting from me.

There was some damage missed - niether panel beater or myself noticed it first time, they were completely cool, just took it back to the panel beater and did it again!

If they keep the same level of service I will pay whatever it takes to stay with them!

As a side note, the corolla is 3pp insured with westpac, $11 a month, cheap as!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Mon, 28 November 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is Just cars like to make a claim with, do they try and screw you hard?

I am with them purely through no other choice. I tried getting insurance with shannons they said, your 22, you have a modified import, they said ahh no we don't really cover grey imports, I even stressed that I was an enthusiast, I told them all about my previous ride history and what I do, but they still said no your too young. And Vigil well, I told them about the car, SC MR2 with suspension mods and engine internal mods and a few bolt ons and they said sorry the car is not High performance enough, we only insure high performance cars. Confused

so I really had no other options, I am gonna try them again come renewal time though.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Mon, 28 November 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had nothing but misery dealing with Just Cars - customer service, price etc, just woeful.

I have had nothing but bliss in every interactin with Shannons. Flexible, helpful, follow up phone calls to make sure I was totally happy with repair jobs etc etc

This is personal experience (my little disclaimer there to avoid any complications)

And yes, I was 23 when I started insuring with JC after NRMA started behaving like full on losers.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 15:38]

Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Tue, 29 November 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently had a claim job done through Just Cars (my old insurer), & I have to say they were very good to deal with claim wise. Lots of follow up calls during & after repairs, easy process, no probs. I hear they are still having probs getting the guy at fault to pay up...
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Wed, 07 December 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, after numerous phonecalls to people that have no idea wtf they are talking about and then emailing them to ring me when they understand what I want, this is what I was offered from suncorp in regards to insuring my celsior.

$1000 excess, instead of $350 because its an import
$1550/year that was with a 5% multiple policy discount
no cover provided if an under 25 is driving the car.
and market value
That is with rating 1 and I am 27.

Will see what shannons says tomorrow. Their $10k extras thingy on the house and contents looks good too.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Thu, 08 December 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the $10k "enthusiast section" is a FREE bonus that Shannons gives on home contents!! Shocked

To give you an idea on what Shannons might cost..
I've just turned 24.
65% NCB.
1989 UZS131 V8 Crown, imported
$1400 policy, $14,000 agreed value. They wouldve been happy if i wanted $20k value, but the premium would be higher.
$400 basic excess
$400 age excess
no other excesses

Car is insured as MODIFIED, driven every day.
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Project Sleeper is with vigil.

I am 36, Good Area, Good driving history, Nominated Driver Policy with 3 drivers listed (36 yr old, 24 yr old and 28 yr old) 60% NCB, Garaged, Tracker, $18,000 Agreed Value, $500 Excess and the car is 100% legal and engineered.

Vigil were by the far the best value for money for me, (note, I didn't say cheapest) and whilst the really low premium I pay will make some of you cry, it all comes down the the risk you pose to the insurance company...

Also - something I have noticed whilst reading these posts...
Just remember - regardless of whether the company says all mods accepted as long as they are legal, or you have to specify each modification - if your car is NOT legal - you may not be covered...

So make sure your suspension is within legal limits, that your wheel track is still legal and you don't have wheel spacers etc... because you may be living in a fantasyland thinking you are fully covered...

If you get your car engineered, then you have nothing to worry about....
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:First drive of the RA65
Next Topic:GT4 owners dedicated thread
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:59:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085380077362061 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.