Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » fixed or full floating rotors???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bert
Regular

May 2003
fixed or full floating rotors??? Wed, 16 November 2005 09:25 Go to next message
ok. sorry to ask questions that may have been touched on previously, but i have to work out what setup i need to do on the slide86.
i have a setup consisting of s14 callipers (four piston) and at the moment peugot 604 rotors (i dont want to use these, to narrow)
i was considering the standard s14 rotors.
now, i want to use the factory ae86 hubs. should i make the rotors fixed to the hub from the rear like they are factory. Or make them floating and put them on the front of the hub.
i know either way i will have to make special adaptor plate to hold the callipers but the way the discs are mounted has me thinking.
would appreciate youer views or ideas, even setups that you have tried/are currently using....
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: fixed or full floating rotors??? Wed, 16 November 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd strongly reccomend using S14 spindles too, this way you wont have to adapt anything, and!

you will have shorter steering arms,

you will have better wheel bearings.

it means you will have to use S13 offset wheels on the front, but these are very common. you could use the same wheels on the back with some bolt on spacers too.

and do a search using google, there some good if hard to find info on this topic.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 09:33]

Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: fixed or full floating rotors??? Wed, 16 November 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have thought bout converting to s13 front end BUT.....
s14 are 5 stud wheel pattern and i dont think the hub will bolt onto ae86 stub axle.
also, converting to s13 front end means i have to source another set of coilovers (i already have the sleeves and stuff to convert factory struts to coilover) so i was going to use the s13 setup as a last resort...
any other ideas???
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: fixed or full floating rotors??? Thu, 17 November 2005 10:53 Go to previous message
Use the bigger Skyline rotors and calipers installed over the front of the hub - I suppose you could use the smaller S14 stuff if you prefer though. It all works in fairly well, just takes a little bit of patience and messing around with a lathe etc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is AE92 sx fuel pump suitable for 4AGZE?????
Next Topic:Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:32:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061769485473633 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.