Toymods » Tech & Conversions » G, F and T series Diffs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: G, F and T series Diffs Wed, 16 November 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been told the RN2X hilux G series diff is a similar width to the XA2X celica. Being of the nature it is, with LSD and aftermarket ratios common, it is the weapon of choice for my RA23 3SGTE conversion next year, and my mate's TA22 3TGTE conversion. 5 stud conversion is also required. MA70 rear brakes shouldnt be hard to slot in. Anything can be acheived when you know a machinist. I would like conformation from anybody who has set up a G series for celica use about the width, but i will be taking a measuring tape to my local wrecker soon enuf to find out for myself. Same goes with the MA70 brakes.

I dont think the dunnydoor 3.8 will come close to breaking or wearing a G series, and the long ratios are available for this. Check your local holden wrecker for the diff ratio of the bog warmer the VNs etc have.

Did i hear a mention of shimming a toyota diff?? being that all decent toyota diffs are front fed(like ford 9"), the diff is adjusted by screw plates, not shims. Much better setup.

Cheers, Owen
  Send a private message to this user    
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: G, F and T series Diffs Wed, 16 November 2005 11:13 Go to previous message
I have a RN25 diff in my 28, it's the perfect width for the conversion. Once you have the mounts transfered from the old diff to the new all you may want to do is add an adjustable panhard rod to center it up, though I'm still using the original item :S

Cheers,
Kirk
  Send a private message to this user    
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gt28 rebuild?
Next Topic:KE30 Welch Plug Behind Gearbox?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:45:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044729709625244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.