Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Putty Road run Wed, 09 November 2005 21:45 Go to next message
Ok guys ive heard about this road alot and decided we need a trip out there... this will take some planning to get everyone to go and get organised..

So far details are:
From: Glenwood/Parklea Hungry Jacks/caltex/outback steakhouse
To: Putty rd to Broke
When: 4th december
Time: TBA but around 10am leave
BYO: probably food ,full tank of fuel, friends

This is a 350-400 Km round trip and prob 2.5hours each way so its a good day out

I will see how much interest there is then make an offical thread if we get large numbers.... all welcome tell your friends...but NO IDIOTS AS WE DONT WANT ACCIDENTS, UNWANTED ATTENTION ETC. SAFE DRIVING IS EXPECTED!!!!!

Let me know whos available for 4th December
  Send a private message to this user    
wazzy
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 10 November 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate can it be the week after
i'm going for my p's on the 5th
and if i get them i was going to go the weekend after on the sunday the 11th
Silvercorolla
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Putty Road run Fri, 11 November 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i am coming

Silverolla
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Putty Road run Fri, 11 November 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wazzy wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 11:43

for your first outing in you car with your p's putty road probably isnt the best idea for you. its a pretty dangerous and challanging road
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Putty Road run Fri, 11 November 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, well you know we will be there, Adam. Christian has been hanging out to do that run, as he had a broken wrist on the last one. Not that i think i did a bad job! I quite enjoyed myself.
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 15 November 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol adam once again i will come and u have to keep up with me,joel,david,wagonist and cannonball down old pac this time not get 2 far behind and then take the wrong turn Smile ahaha good times let me know about details ill help u organise ill have to meet u guys out at mcgraths hill maccas or at the ettamoga pub again

-nathan

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 01:44]

zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

and i am agreeing to domasik plus there is no gaurantee u will get ur P's Smile the sonner this is held the better i have been waitin for another chance to go for the drive down there again will onli be the second time i have ever driven it but i can still keep up with em hehe Smile

-Nathan
hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so y is this putty road so good, is it like a race track on a public road type of thing Very Happy
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6914/putty6fb.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 10:06]

zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/7977/putty21er.jpg

pictures curtesy of craig aka puzzleman Smile
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there in my toyota

Lexcen
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 10:49

for your first outing in you car with your p's putty road probably isnt the best idea for you. its a pretty dangerous and challanging road

i have to concur with zertek and domasik on this, putty road is a very challenging road and not one for the inexperienced or light hearted driver: full of bumps, crests, off camber corners, motorbikes doing warp speed and nasty surprises at every turn, its very easy to stack from experience.

here is a crash i walked away from in may this year (i was in the front passenger seat with a totally experienced driver at the wheel and the lastest traction and stability management) to this day i look at the pics and say to myself that im lucky to be alive!

dont take this as an insult, we r sure you are a good and capable drivr regard this as friendly advice, get more road experience behind your belt first.

http://img123.echo.cx/img123/8903/ata19k5xs.jpg

http://img123.echo.cx/img123/7507/smashedside5ew.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9368/thecabin2zo.jpg

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1301/insidecayenne9nv.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 11:57]

F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 16 November 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like Sam4A-GE_Seca mentioned.......... just get a bit of experiance under your belt and go on this road. its not at all i repeat NOT AT ALL safe for inexperianced drivers.

Just a friendly advice as you spend more time behind the wheel you will gain valuable experiance on reading the road and condition.

just my 2cents.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a public road, so if you trust yourself to drive within your limits (have you found out what they are yet?) or at the reccomended speeds, then its a perfectly safe road, but for an inexperienced driver to go chasing a bunch of psychotic toymodders through a series of blind crests, off camber curves and hairpins, You might find yourself in a spot of trouble. And if you do have an accident, its about half an hour ride BY CHOPPER to the nearest hospital, and the walk to a telephone to get a towie (or an ambulance!!) can take up to 4 hours.
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 11:04

It is a public road, so if you trust yourself to drive within your limits (have you found out what they are yet?) or at the reccomended speeds, then its a perfectly safe road, but for an inexperienced driver to go chasing a bunch of psychotic toymodders through a series of blind crests, off camber curves and hairpins, You might find yourself in a spot of trouble. And if you do have an accident, its about half an hour ride BY CHOPPER to the nearest hospital, and the walk to a telephone to get a towie (or an ambulance!!) can take up to 4 hours.

I like the bit about the psychotic toymodders just because he is one and said it himself Razz haha nw cannonball u bringing the sprinter along again?

-Nathan
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Possibly, but its getting to that busy time of year again, so its a bit too far away to be definite.

And hey, theres nothing wrong with a little mental instability behind the wheel Rolling Eyes Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2005 09:06]

zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i noe u are mentaly unstable at times behind the wheel u and wagonist almost killed us all when u guys passed me on old pac last time lol i was trying to conserve wat my engine had left so i was slowing down lol but u guys passed me prolly at the worst time and there wasnt much gap between me n david infront of me LOL

-Nathan
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, and whats scariest is when i was cornering as hard as i dared on my stock rims and tyres (lots of groovy sidewall flex) Wagom=nist flew past me on the outside like i was standing still Shocked
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea that thing is pretty unstoppable up a hil fkn diesel turbo to much tourqe LOL i was pullin out of them corners in 4th gear coz the motor in my car is on its way out i didnt wanna fu*k it in the middle of nowhere LOL

-Nathan
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please note, All of the above events occured at safe legal speeds Rolling Eyes
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 21:04

Please note, All of the above events occured at safe legal speeds Rolling Eyes

as always
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Thu, 17 November 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u really should change ur display pic now sam adam might get jealous lol
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Putty Road run Fri, 18 November 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zErTeK[2k

wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 21:24]u really should change ur display pic now sam adam might get jealous lol

its a bit of a catch 22 adam getting jealous or toymods kicking me out Razz
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Fri, 18 November 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol shhh urt car is a lexen LOL
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Sat, 19 November 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going for a run down the putty tomorro 20/11 if anybody wants to come along let me know and ill try organise to meet you somewhere i only live near richmond so im close to the beginning anyway let me know

-Nathan
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: Putty Road run Mon, 21 November 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was pondering wether to come its a hike for me but i doubt my car is stable enough to cope so ill sit it out too many bumps and its like driving a speedboat at full tilt
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Mon, 21 November 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the road actually aint that bumpy its suprisingly good for the thrashing it gets and the 16km of windy section near the end is like new road

-Nathan
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but the high speed corners on the ridgeline near the start would be damn scary in a loose car
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 11:29

Yeah, but the high speed corners on the ridgeline near the start would be damn scary in a loose car

Pansies Razz , will have to see whats happening might turn up as haven't done the putty road yet.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/with bells on
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, were you on Sunnyholt rd on saturday about midday? Just near Pick n' paymore? Otherwise you have a twin (car)
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrmmmmm imposters. Mad Laughing

nah not me ... nother guy inmembers goes there "$200 ra28" thread.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is putty road the one that leads up to springwood? or did i look at the map wrong?
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, you looked at it wrong. it starts just nort west of windsor, and heads straight north, through the middle of the national park, up to broke.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i looked at a map before, i was thinking of one of the roads that leads down towards windsor
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Tue, 22 November 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the road u say is hawksburry road it is a nice drive only takes about 15 minutes tho and the windy section on it i do in 2 minutes flat going up i drive the road pretty much every day to goto my missus place

-Nathan
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 23 November 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would like to come, but i want to know if i have any remote chance at keeping up in a stock ke55 4k, cause i dont like being left behind by the group !!!!Sad
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 23 November 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not everyone will be going fast the quicker guys will take the lead going into the windy sections there are only really 2 major sections that people can loose others the rest of the trip is rather cruisy

-Nathan
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Putty Road run Fri, 25 November 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im thinking about maybe coming on this one, would you be stopping at windsor befor you start on putty?
Never been on this road before (i dont think Confused ) so ill probably be one of the back runners ie. slow people Very Happy Razz

cheer
chris
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Sat, 26 November 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i live in bligh park which is like right next to windsor so i can meet u at say mcgaths hill maccas if u like then we will meet up with the rest of the guys as they come through

-Nathan
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Putty Road run Sat, 26 November 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let the death toll begin
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Putty Road run Sat, 26 November 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actully coronac u got blue mountains listed as ur location where bout in the mountains? ill b sleepin at my gfs place at winmalee on the saturday night then heading down so if u wanna meet up there somewhere if its easier for u let me know

-Nathan
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Putty Road run Sun, 27 November 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im in glenbrook, just gota work out if ill have some spare money for petrol next sunday so ill get back to you about a meet up point if i can still make it.

cheers
chris
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Putty Road run Wed, 30 November 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone coming from the northern beaches general direction? im very keen but i dun wanna try heading out there myself cause ill surely get lost on the way there and wont be able to find the cruise Razz
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Putty Road run Sat, 03 December 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most likly not coming on this one now, maybe next time.

cheers
chris
woomabanga
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Putty Road run Sat, 03 December 2005 03:27 Go to previous message
Ok is it going ahead? If so just tell me when and where....i'll be there (st185)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November
Next Topic:WSID on the 30th
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:37:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096900463104248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.