Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » engine mods for 3SFE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
engine mods for 3SFE? Thu, 10 November 2005 10:30 Go to next message
hello folks, was just wondering if anyone had any info on performance enhancing the 3SFE? yeah apart from all the pod/exhaust gen. what about a different inlet manifold? perhaps from a 3SGE?
think i will be performing this on the weekend, just the AFM mod, not the timing eeek!
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t82158.html
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Thu, 10 November 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3sfe was not designed with performance in mind, so theres not alot of options before u spend big bucks for very little gains,

drop a 3sgte in

you wont do it Razz
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Fri, 11 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i think that would be a step too far for me to spend that much on a 15 year old car
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Fri, 11 November 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i think that would be a step too far for me to spend that much on a 15 year old car
camryGT?
Regular

April 2004
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Sun, 13 November 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These run the coolant through the throttle body to stop them freezing open in really cold places. pull the heater hoses off the bottom of the throttle body and it will decrease your intake temps a little.
I wouldn't be doing anything with the airflow metre on one of these without a good air fuel gauge to check before and after. I had a 3SFE before the 3sgte and with a proper wide band air fuel it actually ran to lean at some points.
Doing the mod I mentioned above will make it slightly leaner anyway as the intake temp sensor is in the air flow metre which is before the throttle body/manifold so the ecu doesn't know about the cooler air in the manifold.
The timing is your best bet, run premium and keep advancing it a little (just move it a few degrees then go for a drive and check it doesn't ping then go a few more till it pings a bit then back off a few degrees.) don't bother with a timing light.
I did over 100,000kms with my base timing on about 25 degrees after doing that and the car would bet most V6 commodores (with a few other mods) and never pinged.
Also make cold air intake, I didn't bother with a pod just genuine filter and cut huge hole in the front of the air box and used black rubber foam to make a channel right to the front of the car. pull out the passenger parking light and you can cut a big hole in the bottom plastic part with a high speed drill. you can't really see it from the outside but it creates a direct path from the front of the car into the foam tunnel into the air box. I can give you a pic of mine if you like. Works really well and costs about $5
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Sun, 13 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sgte manifold+turbo
3sgte oil pan
supra injectors, new fuel pump, safc2
supra ic, some custom pipework...

too much hassle just drop a 3sgte in with a little work lol
noofa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Sun, 13 November 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CamryGT? Pics Please!
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Sun, 13 November 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes pics would be great! performed a similar procedure on my Corsa 1.6 in the UK.
Terra, i was actually referring to just a different inlet manifold and TB, maybe a better designed one would fit? not bothered about the 3SGTE turbo engine. wasnt there a N/A 3SGE engine with a wider angle cam?
camryGT?
Regular

April 2004
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Tue, 15 November 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got pics but i don't have anywhere to host them
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Wed, 16 November 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email them to cybermonkey24@hotmail.com and i will host them Smile
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Wed, 16 November 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a 3sgte setup ill sell u for 350 bucks all u need is the injectors and oil pan dont even need that just tap into it for a oil return
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: engine mods for 3SFE? Wed, 16 November 2005 11:55 Go to previous message
lol i dont think my lil sis should learn in a 3S-GTE'd Camry wagon Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v into aus spec sprinter
Next Topic:gt28 rebuild?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-