Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
1jz in 82 corona Mon, 24 February 2003 00:07 Go to next message
i am seriously looking at a car for sale. It is an 82 corona that is going through a 1jz conversion. The engine and gearbox are already mounted and it has a new LSD. The wiring is supposably all done except the headlights and indicators. He said all that needs to be done now is, intercooler piping, exhaust and then some bigger brakes to get a mod plate. Is there any large problem that he may be hiding to get a sale? Any large problems in general from this point onwards?

thanks in advance
chris
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz in 82 corona Mon, 24 February 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone? please i would love some info. if anyone knows?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz in 82 corona Mon, 24 February 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz in 82 corona Mon, 24 February 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're basically asking us if a car we've never seen, built by a person we don't know, has any problems we may not be aware of. Perhaps you should try asking questions people can answer, then you may get a response! Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz in 82 corona Tue, 25 February 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was asking if anyone has ever known anyone who has done this conversion before to find out if there is something that may be very difficult that the seller is hiding. Was not referring directly to this car. So, i will assume that there are no 1jz coronas on this board then. Sad
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1jz in 82 corona Sun, 02 March 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it hard to believe that a 1J would fit easily or safely into a Corona of this vintage. I have been wrong before.. but I have an '86 ST141 into which I am putting a 1GGTE - this is by no means an easy fit and the 1J is a good 25% longer... not to mention the R154 being chunkier than the W58.

Not being skeptical, but I guess you need to get the car checked out by a mechanic.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 March 2003 11:21]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz in 82 corona Mon, 03 March 2003 03:33 Go to previous message
the engine and gearbox are already mounted. It does fit just...i will need a very thin thermo fan. And the engine bay is actually wider than my soarer engine bay. about safety, i rang an engineer and he said all i need is brakes that are the same size as the Chaser's and a catalytic converter. IT is an auto by the way so no r154 for me. Sad the tailshaft does need shortening still though. I will get some pics up soon.

thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Question on 1G conv. for TA & RA23
Next Topic:Urgent Question.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:35:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056440830230713 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.