Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 09:58 Go to next message
Hey all i am out to make the perfect seasoning for chips or anything really. I go to this place that have really nice stuff on the hot chips and they said its a secret private recipe, but dam its good.

Anyway they said they would only give me one ingredient (2 cups of salt) so i thought right i need to play around and get something tasting nice. But i got no idea. I have been trying various spices and stuff (paprika taste like it smells and its not good).

So does anyone know anything that tastes nice? I am wanting to know the red stuff they put on bbq potato chips as that is nice. Anyway post up your ideas and lets see if we can't get some toymods seasoning happening...
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paprika on potato rocks the casbah.. maybe not on chips.
Cajun spices on chips is great!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm yeah i heard about Cajun, people said it was hot though, i am looking at making a single seasoning, just throwing everything that taste good in and see how it goes, although this didn't work with ice cream and BBQ sauce Razz

May keep a bit of paprika in it, the one i tried was from my GF and she has a habit of having old food (like nutella that smells like paint!)
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
season all/ chicken salt and plain salt
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't buy the pre made ones they taste too sweet.

they bbq salt has sausage and bacon flavouring in it
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u gotta put some garlic salt in with ur seasoning, and a little bit of the rest, but garlic salt is a key ingredient. ive been told that "vegeta" is a decent seasoning i tried it, and it aint too bad, but i jsut use normal chicken salt u buy at shops
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everything tastes better with extra frechly-ground pepper and sweet thai-style chilli sauce.

remember... you can never have too much chilli Embarassed Very Happy
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M S G
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a nice balance of soy sauce and tomato sauce. Mind you, I haven't tried this for 10 years, and I was a poor fine arts student last time I ate it Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 23:59

everything tastes better with extra frechly-ground pepper and sweet thai-style chilli sauce.

remember... you can never have too much chilli Embarassed Very Happy

Indeed by my family doesn't seem to agree, soft. Put a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce in anything and my sister bitches about it.

Best chilli sauce I have had is from the Treat Factory in Berry, its called death by chilli sauce. Comes in a 500ml bottle, and consists mainly of tomato and birdseye chilli's.

Results were amusing the first time we smeared shitloads over our stakes at a party. Worked really well mixing it in with mayonaise.

As for chips, freshly gorund pepper, good chicken salt, salt and whatever else you can find in the cupboard
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 27 October 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-86 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 00:17

M S G

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Fri, 28 October 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm get urself some 2 min noodles, and try out the flavouring packet.

there are some tasty ones out there, with like 7 packets of sause and garlic and powders and all other shit.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Fri, 28 October 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a bit of curry powder doesn't go astray in chip seasoning.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Fri, 28 October 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was looking at making it from scratch so no seasoning packets or anything. but its sounding good, have to get to work. also BBQ in a biscuit has green flakes, anyone know what this may be?
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Fri, 28 October 2005 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 22:44

i was looking at making it from scratch so no seasoning packets or anything. but its sounding good, have to get to work. also BBQ in a biscuit has green flakes, anyone know what this may be?

Its weed bro !! Cool

j/k

I think they are CHIVES
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Fri, 28 October 2005 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i always thought it was grass ...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Sat, 29 October 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would explain why once you have some you get the munchies for more.... ha ha ha
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Wed, 02 November 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh i know the mystery red spice you speal of. Tastse just like what charlesworth put on some of their nuts.

The red spice is mesquite. I think thats how you spell it. mix that will a bit of salt. some cajun spice and ur all set. i will post the whole recipe and quantities on saturday or sunday.

Later days.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 03 November 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard from this woman at the bar the other night that Semen is actually quite tasty on chips and its free/requires 5mins

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 04:55]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 03 November 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^ You really know how to kill a thread don't you Laughing
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 03 November 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 22:17

they bbq salt has sausage and bacon flavouring in it

I read this several times and all I got to say is, WHAT? lol
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 03 November 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 14:54

i heard from this woman at the bar the other night that Semen is actually quite tasty on chips and its free/requires 5mins

Heard they put it in Chinese food too.

I used Cajun, BBQ Bush Blend, Fries Sprinkle, chicken seasoning and chicken salt.

So all in all it has the likes of: salt, Paprika, Bush tomato, Onion powder, Coriander, Chili , Mustard flour, heaps of different peppers, Garlic, Natural chicken extract and Celery, just to name a few.

The result? well it tasted alright if you coat the chips as the flavour isn't really very strong, but it was ok, will have to have a go of "mesquite" or whatever it is though
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 03 November 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 15:24

CoFF33, did you tell your mum to be quite and to go get back under her rock??

Laters.

The mystery will be solved on saturday night (reguarding the mesquite)

ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Sat, 05 November 2005 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK mystery over. i have the recipe for the 'perfect chip seasoning'.

Salt, Paprika and Cajun spices. add in equal amounts. Then add mesquiete. The mesquite added should weigh the same as all the other spices combind.

This seems to taste pretty good. You should give it a try.

Laters
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Wed, 09 November 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that stuff don't exists, i when everywhere looking for mesquiete and i can't find it, where did people get it from?
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Wed, 09 November 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude it exists, i will check the spelling again.
But i do work in a comercial kitchen.

i will find out what company makes it also.

laters
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Sat, 12 November 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find out that name yet, don't tell me i gotta import it from down there...
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Sat, 12 November 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
google + 2 seconds = mesquite.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Sat, 12 November 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um i did that, its a country and a much hated weed, big woop found nothing on the spice though which is what i am looking for, or have i missed something
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Sun, 13 November 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try
mesquite spice
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Wed, 16 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHITLOADS OF VINEGAR ONCE YOU DAB SHITLOADS OF THEM YOULL BE ADDICTED!!!!!

VINEGAR!!!!
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Wed, 16 November 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chip sandwich..

chips with equal sumac and salt

chips with holandaise
wokstrx7
Regular

August 2005
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 17 November 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vegie stock powder and salt is awesome
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 17 November 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MSG is all you need

"NUMBAH ONE SUPA SEASONING WISHOOO"
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 17 November 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried using vegeta seasoning, anyone heard of it?.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Making the perfect chip seasoning Thu, 17 November 2005 09:56 Go to previous message
made by some bloke from dragon ball?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:INTERVIEWS
Next Topic:yahoo mail
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:06:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005972146987915 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.