Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
RA28 guages - quick one Thu, 17 November 2005 08:20 Go to next message
anyone know what size the tacho and speedo guages are in the RA28? i measured it and it LOOKED like 4" but 3 3/4" appears more common...

also is there an EASY alternative for a mech speedo? also, is there something in particular i should be looking for when buying speedo and tacho in reguards to their fitment?
  Send a private message to this user    
leso
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: RA28 guages - quick one Thu, 17 November 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hi there,
have been there...and look what happened to my car..have done some research into this..maybe i can help ??

cheers leso http://spaces.msn.com/members/lesora23/PersonalSpa ce.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlN wYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5FZGl0TW9kZUNvb nRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_albumid=cns!1p3d xdgnKO3EQML50OeEacCg!108&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaRe turnToFull=1&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaProcess=1& _c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 guages - quick one Thu, 17 November 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm looks like you just replaced the whole dash... but were those the factory guages you used? i'm thinking of doing the whole dash in aluminium like what your doing.. but i wanna keep woodgrain at the same time... what to do.. WHAT TO DO!!!... wood grain with shiny bits i think Very Happy
leso
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: RA28 guages - quick one Thu, 17 November 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2005 11:46]

leso
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: RA28 guages - quick one Thu, 17 November 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...it all started with a really badly cracked dash pad..so i fulled it off..the tacho wasnt working so ..just kept going..lol started building the panel to suit my car with no dash pad and a dash from a ke70 rolla..as the speedo in them turns at the same revs/kph then came along a donor car..and the dash pad was mint..so it went on ...built a new panel and the tacho worked in the donor...so changed my mind back to original speedo and tacho have removed all of the heater stuff so no need to mount the controls..have 3 autometer 2 5/8 inch gauges on order..(phantom series)they will go in the panel on the left hand side and a clock as well...picked up this arvo my led pilot lights for the indicators and the hi beam am going to paint it in crinkle black

will keep u posted...les
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: RA28 guages - quick one Fri, 18 November 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can keep all the existing gauges if you like. even the tacho if you dont mind having to build a wave modulator thing. if your going to make a new dash face then the only realistic limits is the space behind.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 guages - quick one Fri, 18 November 2005 09:20 Go to previous message
well i'd like to one day make a new dash face.. but for the moment i just wanna replace the existing tacho and speedo... still don't know what size they are... c'mon guys it's multi choice:

a) 4"
b) 3 3/4"

adios
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G too heavy?
Next Topic:3SGTE RA60 conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:44:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041148662567139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar